Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Xtreme - VEGA

Old 27-02-2011

I do actually care how the shells looks like and this shell was not nice i think. It seems like i need to do my own shell for this chassi so i can enter a race without being laughed at because i always disses the bulldogbodies and this is far more ugly, a nice body will help sell kits....
Old 27-02-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjompa View Post
I do actually care how the shells looks like and this shell was not nice i think. It seems like i need to do my own shell for this chassi so i can enter a race without being laughed at because i always disses the bulldogbodies and this is far more ugly, a nice body will help sell kits....
Would everyone still be laughing if you beat them all by a mile?
Old 27-02-2011

its not *that* bad. i dont like the light bits at the front, but other than that its all good!
Old 27-02-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

OMG that actually makes the X-6 look atractive, good work Vega.

What's under the shell looks amazing, credit where it is due.

My advice would be to get on the blower to Phat Bodies and ask him to make you a shell that doesn't look like a frog in a sock
Old 01-03-2011
Mad Member

I really like my vega shell
the lumps in the front accomodate massive speedos with fan, with weight under them for a low cg+ the holes can be reamed out for cooling
it covers the car well
creates even downforce at the rear as well as covering the spur
and is 1mm thick for crashers like me
Looked at making it more conventional but there really isnt many more options that suits all the important areas
but i do understand its different!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg I phone 080.jpg (310.1 KB, 198 views)
File Type: jpg I phone 081.jpg (371.4 KB, 143 views)
Old 02-03-2011
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northy View Post
Pity the shell isn't BRCA legal

Looks nice though.

G
I am puzzled why you would make the above comment Graham, and then not reply to everyones questions!
Why do YOU think the shell is not BRCA legal?
Surely not because Alec didn't trim the front nose off??!!
I personally I think as a BRCA official that you are, you should at least give your views on your comments
Old 02-03-2011

Yeah - c'mon Graham.
I've wracked my brains and even read the rules on the BRCA website but still not any clearer.

Are you querying the fact that it may not be commercially available (section 22.4) or that it isn't a reasonable representation of full size cars generally accepted as being suitable for Rallycross, Rallying, Trail and Desert races (22.1)

Or is it that you don't like Alec's paint job - in which case rule 22.8 could be invoked

I did wonder about the tinted windows - but I don't think that is a requirement within BRCA - but maybe for EFRA?

Or is it, as Tony suggests, the fact that Alec has not cut his body short enough at the front so technically, you consider the body to be the most forward protruding part of the car and is thus the bumper, in which case rule 23.2 may be contentious since it does not have rounded edges and corners?

I don't mind a puzzle but shed some more light please...
Old 02-03-2011
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudeTony View Post
I am puzzled why you would make the above comment Graham, and then not reply to everyones questions!
Why do YOU think the shell is not BRCA legal?
Surely not because Alec didn't trim the front nose off??!!
I personally I think as a BRCA official that you are, you should at least give your views on your comments
Why thank you for the kind words Tony

Not sure if you'd realised but I've not been on here too much recently and there are more than a few personal and work reasons for that. I friend has alerted me of your questions. You could have contacted me if you wanted.

The reason I have not replied yet is that I don't want to rush a reply, and have simply been too busy, sorry for that.

Yes I am a BRCA official, but I am also a Volunteer BRCA official, other stuff sometimes has to come first.

I will reply, don't worry.

G
Old 02-03-2011
Super Moderator

OK, maybe I should have put "I think the shell might not be BRCA legal" and to be honest I think I really need to see one to make a proper decision.

I'm not interested in forum arguments about how silly rules are or aren't.

G
Old 02-03-2011
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
OK, maybe I should have put "I think the shell might not be BRCA legal" and to be honest I think I really need to see one to make a proper decision.

I'm not interested in forum arguments about how silly rules are or aren't.

G
Graham, sorry if you took my words wrong, not meant to sound like they do when re-read - sorry.
Saying that though, you still haven't told us why 'you think it may not be BRCA legal' LOL
Old 02-03-2011
Mad Member

Graham,

this has little to do with me but!!! i will say my piece.
People talk rubbish on forums and say things that are not true!!

As a BRCA official (which all BRCA commitee members are) you have to be careful what you say as people take you literaly.

When you make a plain comment "Pity its not BRCA legal"
You can imagine how the people feel who have spent hundreds of pounds on a kit to race with who suddenly believe that their car cannot be used, Not to mention the damage you can cause to the business that is selling these cars!

I think you need to explain yourself better please as to why you made the comment in the first place and whether the people with vested interests need to be doing things to protect their Finances.

To me i can only draw my own conclusion as you have not clarfied things yet. Maybe you had a gut feeling that they where not legal because of a feature you dont like? or you just wanted to cause some confusion as this is a team car you are racing against?? Make your response quick for your own benifit as well as the owners of the car!

Kyosho UK

www.kyoshoeurope.com
Old 02-03-2011
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Skull View Post
I think you need to explain yourself better please as to why you made the comment in the first place and whether the people with vested interests need to be doing things to protect their Finances.
OK, I will, and have. I have said I can not make a judgement until I have seen one in the flesh or some REALLY good pictures.

Quote:
To me i can only draw my own conclusion as you have not clarfied things yet. Maybe you had a gut feeling that they where not legal because of a feature you dont like? or you just wanted to cause some confusion as this is a team car you are racing against?? Make your response quick for your own benifit as well as the owners of the car!
Are you serious?
Old 02-03-2011
Spends too long on oOple ...

DOUBLE CHECK ON THE TINTED WINDOWS THING.. CAN ANYBODY TELL ME IF THEY ARE LEGAL OR NOT PLEASE?
Old 02-03-2011
Kev Lee oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Pity the shell isn't BRCA legal
G
Northy, you just said you can't make a judgement until you've seen the car in the flesh, but from your original comment it seemed like you had already made that judgement. You obviously had a reason in the first place to make the comment so please tell us what it was. The suspense is killing me!

I know you are Volunteer (and I commend you for that), but you've chosen to be a representative of the BRCA and you should be factual when you make statements like this. Perhaps you should have said nothing on a forum until you had made a judgement, you could always have contacted one of us before..
Old 02-03-2011
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsideLineRacing View Post
Northy, you just said you can't make a judgement until you've seen the car in the flesh, but from your original comment it seemed like you had already made that judgement. You obviously had a reason in the first place to make the comment so please tell us what it was. The suspense is killing me!

I know you are Volunteer (and I commend you for that), but you've chosen to be a representative of the BRCA and you should be factual when you make statements like this. Perhaps you should have said nothing on a forum until you had made a judgement, you could always have contacted one of us before..

Agreed Kev, a genuine human mistake, and I apologise, I've clarified above that: "I think the shell might not be BRCA legal".

Unfortunately I will soon loose internet access until late Friday night.

Could you send me some good close up pictures of the shell Kev?

G
Old 02-03-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
OK, I will, and have. I have said I can not make a judgement until I have seen one in the flesh or some REALLY good pictures.

Are you serious?
Graham i dont have the pleasure of knowing you, And i have absolutely no idea why you said what you said so i have to make some assumptions, if you a have another reason please share as i cant think of any.

I would hope you are a nice guy and just said something stupid but as i say i dont know you so i cant be sure.

Kyosho UK

www.kyoshoeurope.com
Old 02-03-2011
Kev Lee oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Could you send me some good close up pictures of the shell Kev?

G
No problem, if you PM me your email address i'll send them tonight. You'll have to let me know what area in particular though.
Old 02-03-2011
oOple Advertiser

We still love you Graham - Just - LOL

On another note _ I DO NOT THINK THE SHELL IS ILLEGAL AT ALL and if it is then PW will have to throw out about 30-40 Vegas out........
Old 02-03-2011
Super Moderator

Quote:
Graham i dont have the pleasure of knowing you, And i have absolutely no idea why you said what you said so i have to make some assumptions, if you a have another reason please share as i cant think of any.

I would hope you are a nice guy and just said something stupid but as i say i dont know you so i cant be sure.
I really do not know what to reply to that.
Old 02-03-2011
oOple Tattoo Dancer!

if you dont know somebody maybe you shouldnt make assumptions