Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Losi Racing

Old 09-07-2015

Default Tlr 22.4 front hex question ?

Hi guys I'm looking for the front hex for the 22.4 from what I can see the part number is tlr233019 although non of the model shop websites recconize the number . Is there a different part number / hop up option or do I have to get the full drive shaft set to get it ?
Thanks
Old 10-07-2015

I had to get the full drive shaft set when one of my Hexes went walkies off my pit bench. Although there are a few guys who have started to replace the front drive shafts as the UJ wears out. So worth asking around any other Losi owners.

Tom
TLR 22-4 2.0, TLR 22 5.0 AC Elite,

Kindly Supported by Trackside Spares, TLR, Spektrum and Horizon Hobby
Old 10-07-2015

Thanks for the reply . I will keep my eyes open for some tho looks like I will be looking for a full set . Do u know what they are changing axels too ?
Old 10-07-2015

when mine wore out, (one of the little pins in the UJ eventually fails, and its not replaceable). I firstly replaced it with another set, but recently i have installed some MIP CVDs, but these are hard to find and quite expensive.

Interestingly enough, i had no problems with 12 months of running, then i had both sides go in a single evening, so they must design them to fail at exactly 50 odd race meetings . Its not a bad idea to get some spare driveshafts, as out of the 3 22-4's at my club, we have probably broken 4 rear drive shafts and 3 fronts.

Losi themselves have brought out a CVA kit (same as CVD), but when I last looked, it was yet to hit British shores. ANd i have not looked if the CVA kit comes with the hexes you seek!!

Tom

Old 10-07-2015

Well that sucks 😉😉 I will keep my eye out I just had a look for the mip shafts and found the 2wd ones but no front forwards .. Spoke with mb models earlyer on and they will try and order but will keep looking
Thanks again
Old 11-07-2015

TLR232028 is the part number for the hex
(front and rear)

Hope it could help
Old 15-07-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Fly View Post
when mine wore out, (one of the little pins in the UJ eventually fails, and its not replaceable). I firstly replaced it with another set, but recently i have installed some MIP CVDs, but these are hard to find and quite expensive.

Interestingly enough, i had no problems with 12 months of running, then i had both sides go in a single evening, so they must design them to fail at exactly 50 odd race meetings . Its not a bad idea to get some spare driveshafts, as out of the 3 22-4's at my club, we have probably broken 4 rear drive shafts and 3 fronts.

Losi themselves have brought out a CVA kit (same as CVD), but when I last looked, it was yet to hit British shores. ANd i have not looked if the CVA kit comes with the hexes you seek!!
I found the drive shaft sheers off at the thread on the rear. I broke 2 on 1 day, but after that they were fine. There is no comparison between UJ and CVD in terms of durability.
Old 18-07-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonrhart View Post
I found the drive shaft sheers off at the thread on the rear. I broke 2 on 1 day, but after that they were fine. There is no comparison between UJ and CVD in terms of durability.
Yep, that's how we have been breaking the rears. The fronts break at the UJ joint. One of the pins eventually fails after enough wear. And as they are part of the shaft itself, its a whole new drive shaft assembly to fix.

Tom