Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team C Racing

Old 13-09-2015

Default tm2 front wishbones

Wondering if anyone else has same problem to me. I currently run a team c tm2 v1. Only use it down local track inside on carpet. Problem i have is i keep breaking front wishbones. Now some time it cause i crash but alot of the time what seems to be the lightest tap breaks them i ha e run a tc02 and mad monkey previous which has same front end and had no problems. I have broken in last month around 10 so my question is, is there any upgraded ones around or anything i can do to make them stronger apart from stop crashing. Thanks dan
Old 13-09-2015
Mad Member

Hi Dan,

Where are they breaking? At the inner hinge pin? Can u post a picture?
Old 13-09-2015

There's no upgrade that I know of, but sometime you can make the problem worse if you have lots of alloy parts on the front of the car as there's less give if you hit something. Perhaps you've added more alloy parts then when you were running the previous cars?

Friday Night Buggy Racing nr. Milton Keynes - TCRCMC
Old 13-09-2015

I run mine every week and never broke a thing. I have seen a similar issue though. A racer I know shimmed all the slop from his car and it went through wishbones like crazy. He de shimmed it and all was fine. Odd but true.
Old 13-09-2015

Fair point about alloy upgrades but literally swapped the front end from my tc02 to the tm2. I have an alloy bottom plate ,alloy front castle and alloy front hubs.
They are breaking in differnet places tbh. Some brek clean off at the hinge pin and others break half way down the arm, like around the shock mount bolt. I post a pic up.
Old 13-09-2015

When you say alloy bottom plate do you mean the part that holds the wishbones or the kick-up/front lower chassis plate? Your tc02 will have some give in the chassis that the tm2 won't have, and an alloy front lower chassis will make this worse. You could always try a plastic front lower arm mount and hubs to see if it helps.

Old 13-09-2015

Hope they work. These are the ones from yesterday. Did 2 friday night which broke almost straight in middle. Got no pics as binned them. Wont be soon before have some more though at this rate.
Old 13-09-2015

I have both alloy hanger pin mounting and the alloy front kick up playe.
Old 13-09-2015

Realistically, how hard are you crashing ?. I think if I were you I would buy some new front team c wishbones and some front pivot pins and fit them. Make sure they move freely and try that. They usually take a good knock before breaking.
Old 13-09-2015
Mad Member

The e are 2 grades. There used to be the ansmann wishbones as well as the team c comp ones. I don't run team c anymore, but I know last year I had a similar issue and when I looked I found there are 2 dif types. One is plastic, one has more carbon in it. They were only a couple of quid more

Let me track them down

Here's the normal ones. AR code means ansmann racing I think
http://www.modelsport.co.uk/team-c-s...roducts/372795

And here are the comp ones with more carbon
http://www.modelsport.co.uk/team-c-s...roducts/372786

Yokomo YZ-2

No 4WD because nothing lives up to my original Optima. Until now maybe?...

Last edited by Ashlandchris; 13-09-2015 at 08:27 PM. Reason: Finding stuff
Old 13-09-2015

Realistically no where near as hard as i was with tc02 or my first buggy the mad monkey. I have improved massively and have become a final regular lately but now since switching to the tm2 i have developed this thing about breaking them. All prwvious arms fitted are new genuine team c and have even tried boiling them whi h apparently should have helped but made no difference.
Old 13-09-2015

Put a plastic kick up plate back on it, there's nothing else on the front of your car to give in an impact hence the wishbones are breaking.

Old 13-09-2015

Ok il give it a try changing kick up playe back to plastic one. Just stillwondering why i never had a problem when ising same setup on the tc02. Ill get onto swapin it back over. Thanks for advice guys.
Old 18-10-2015

Well after a few weeks with only 1 broken wishbone. Had first winrer series meeting and after 5 rounds i had 4 broken wishbones. I had refitted front plastic chassis playe and front plastic wishbone pin mount so apart from the front castle piece everything is standard plastic. So does any one have an alternative solution . (Like fittin associated ) wishbones or something. Thanks for any input
Old 18-10-2015

Are other people breaking wishbones or is it just you?

I usually only break one when I clip a "bad" track marker that is unprotected. Such as guttering that is overlapped the wrong way.

Old 18-10-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by big red bus View Post
Well after a few weeks with only 1 broken wishbone. Had first winrer series meeting and after 5 rounds i had 4 broken wishbones. I had refitted front plastic chassis playe and front plastic wishbone pin mount so apart from the front castle piece everything is standard plastic. So does any one have an alternative solution . (Like fittin associated ) wishbones or something. Thanks for any input
Not really got any other suggestions except for the obvious. If you wish to try other wishbones I think the kyosho rb5 ones may fit.

Old 18-10-2015

It's very odd this is. The wishbones may not look the best quality but they are not weak at all. How hard are you crashing?. Last time I broke a wishbone like you broke yours was on a cold day and it was a very hard hit.
Old 19-10-2015

It is very odd. The car is great and i would honestly say are not crashing alot at all. I have cleared my local model shop out of stock of wishbones. Guess by ever ones responses it must be aomething im doing.
Are the alternative wishbones (kyosho rb5) a direct replacement or do they need modifyin to work. Thanks
Old 19-10-2015

Which track is it that is giving you this problem?

Old 19-10-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by big red bus View Post
It is very odd. The car is great and i would honestly say are not crashing alot at all. I have cleared my local model shop out of stock of wishbones. Guess by ever ones responses it must be aomething im doing.
Are the alternative wishbones (kyosho rb5) a direct replacement or do they need modifyin to work. Thanks
I did have some but never needed to try them, but I seem to remember they fit straight in the only modification needed is to swop the balls in the shock end to kyosho ones (they're both 5.8mm) or file them a bit narrower as the slot in the wishbone isn't as wide. Kyosho did do different length wishbones so I'm afraid I don't know which ones are closest in length though.