Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > Scotland

Old 06-05-2011

Default Next SORC round at Stonhaven - Camping

Hi folks,

If anyone is planning on coming up to Stonehaven on Saturday 14th May and camping overnight, please advise us on here and we'll arrange to meet you to open the gate etc.

Hope to see you all here for the next round.

Dasbo
Old 06-05-2011

Hi Darren,

Myself, Davie and Mark wil be up on saturday late afternoon between 4 and 5. Plan on setting up at grabbing a bite to eat. Will the pit tent be Available on the saturday? We'll bring our own tables/chairs.

Raymond
Old 08-05-2011

Daz myself, my son and Ian Hughes will be up on the saturday m8. We'll try and arrange it so we arrive same time as Raymond and so on.
Scotty....
Old 08-05-2011

Daz, ismains power availale like we have at the muchmore gp?
many thanks

Ayrshire radio control car club
Carlisle radio model car club
Old 09-05-2011

Hi chaps,

The pit tents will be up for the meeting. We just have to decide on whether to put them up on Saturday evening or leave it till Sunday morning. (weather will be deciding factor)

There will be mains power available as normal and a key for the toilets at the pavillion. You will need to bring tables and chairs though.

I'll pm the guys that are coming up on Saturday with my phone number so you can call me if required.
Old 09-05-2011

Sounds good Darren,

All going to plan we should be arriving about 5pm. If the weather is ok we can assist with putting up the large tent for pitting. We'll have table and chairs with us and some long extension cords.

All we need now, is to order the sunshine.

Raymond
Old 11-05-2011

Sunshine odered, al also be there sat nite back of 7
Old 13-05-2011

Well, the weather looks likes its going to be changable over the weekend, with sunshine and scattered showers. We will see how it is tomorrow night before deciding on whether to put the big tents up then or leave it till Sunday morning.
Old 13-05-2011

Good luck on Sunday everyone.

Even tho I'm on me hols in Italy at the moment, baking in 26-30C heat, wish I was there!!! LOL!

See you at NORA on June 12th
Old 16-05-2011

Send a message via MSN to D20MCK

Great racing at the weekend. Now for the clean up
Old 17-05-2011

Good idea. but I prefer the bath!

Thanks to all who came up to drizzly Stonehaven. I hope you all had a good days racing and the weather didnt spoil it too much. Also a big thanks to John Allan for his help and guidance throughout the day.

Since all of us up here are new to the SDRCC committee and running meetings like this, we learned a lot (the marquees must go up the night before and transponders must be charged the night before - schoolboy error on my part) But I would still welcome any other thoughts you might have about the day so we can improve things. I believe some thought the table top was a bit severe. Would having longer up and down ramps improve matters?

See you all at NORA on the 12th June.
Old 17-05-2011

Default New dishwasher please

Nice one dave. Where,s the after shot.
Old 17-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasbo View Post
Good idea. but I prefer the bath!

Thanks to all who came up to drizzly Stonehaven. I hope you all had a good days racing and the weather didnt spoil it too much. Also a big thanks to John Allan for his help and guidance throughout the day.

Since all of us up here are new to the SDRCC committee and running meetings like this, we learned a lot (the marquees must go up the night before and transponders must be charged the night before - schoolboy error on my part) But I would still welcome any other thoughts you might have about the day so we can improve things. I believe some thought the table top was a bit severe. Would having longer up and down ramps improve matters?

See you all at NORA on the 12th June.
The table top would have been improved by either having it lower or the up/down ramps shallower. Man made features have been an issue at all rounds this year, most accidents happen at them requiring marshalls more, and increasing the risk of injury.

The track should have been fenced off better, there was one race when we had 2 members of the public out for a walk, and one of them standing on the straight as the cars started.

The basic track layout was good, grass length was good, not to many features. It was good to see you as a club having invested in some features to use on the track, this was exactly what was discussed at the AGM, give the money to the clubs and not a central fund to allow the racers to benefit every week from the various clubs they race at.

My biggest issue is rostrum, if you go to the top you get no idea what the car is doing. Ideally I would suggest you look at going back to what was done many years ago, move the track to where the cars were parked (you can then use some of the features still in the ground) and add a new rostrum off the stairs at 90 degrees.

I know Nora will have it's issues this year as well, after all it's been built over a winter (and is still work in progress) with less people than originally expected, the key here is that we all learn this year and improve for next year, we have the basis to build on and make this an excellent series.

Anyway just my thoughts, take them positively, i'm not having a dig.
Kyosho DB1
Kyosho DB2
Kyosho Turbo Ultima
Kyosho Optima
Schumacher Atom
NORA - Northern Off-Road Arena - www.ddrcc.co.uk
Trader Feedback: http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49044
Old 18-05-2011

No problem Derek. This is exactly the kind of feedback I want and I agree with all the points you mention.

Keep em coming.
Old 18-05-2011

At the hall in grangemouth we have built loads of jumps and table tops and what we have found is that with table tops the best way to go about building them is to always make the down ramp shallower (longer) than the up ramp - this increases the length of the smooth landing zone, a short down ramp only provides a very small area to aim for!
Old 18-05-2011

A table full of cheeky monkeys.