Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Caldicot Radio Control Car Club

Old 19-04-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Default Lipo bags et al.

Just noticed a post on the "£540 LiPo" thread that all clubs are supposed to follow all the BRCA General Rules.

Does that mean that we are supposed to be enforcing a LiPo sack rule at the club?

With the massive influx of newbies to the club it would probably be a good idea.

Also, can we get some race briefs going before meetings please?
Do all the newbies/parents of newbies know about the "sidelights only" and "keep the noise down" rules?

If it means keeping the neighbours happy Ill do the race briefs myself if needs be, and whilst im at it ill probably add that deliberately taking drivers out isnt big or clever, that all drivers are supposed to marshal after their heat (seems to be differing rules depending on who you are at the moment), that if you insist on jumping off a rostrum mid-race to do it discretely(?), and that 4 minute heats and finals will never happen again

Currently:
JQ fan.
Bellend.

Forums are better than Facebook groups
Old 19-04-2011
Mad Member

Don't worry, over the last few weeks we've been picking up everything you've mentioned, and we will be dealing with it in due course. Things have certainly changed over recent weeks with the sudden influx of new blood, and higher numbers!

The Lipo sack thing is the biggy though now the general rules have been circulated, and we'll be dealing with that one ASAP. We just need to give people sufficient and proper notice in the first instance before we can strictly inforce it.

Relax young jedi...panic we will not...always try to improve we will

And 4 min races...we've got your team mate to blame for that little episode ...but it did mean we had 4 rounds and not 3 that night...so was the best way to get the most racing in on that occasion. Thanks for airing it in public though!
Racing in South West: http://www.mendiprcraceway.co.uk/
Racing in Wales: www.caldicotrcracers.co.uk
Kept running by: Yokomo via MB Models & www.tracksidespares.co.uk
Shells by Square Crabs
Old 19-04-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

You know I have nothing but faith in you Andy

I think all the new drivers is great for the club, its also fun to watch

Which team mate? Bill-i-Wife or Harris of Grey Beard? Presumably Bill cos Harris was holidaying with Scousers last Friday lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pinky View Post
Don't worry, over the last few weeks we've been picking up everything you've mentioned, and we will be dealing with it in due course. Things have certainly changed over recent weeks with the sudden influx of new blood, and higher numbers!

The Lipo sack thing is the biggy though now the general rules have been circulated, and we'll be dealing with that one ASAP. We just need to give people sufficient and proper notice in the first instance before we can strictly inforce it.

And 4 min races...we've got your team mate to blame for that little episode ...but it did mean we had 4 rounds and not 3 that night...so was the best way to get the most racing in on that occasion. Thanks for airing it in public though!

Currently:
JQ fan.
Bellend.

Forums are better than Facebook groups
Old 19-04-2011
Mad Member

I wasn't there on Friday, so don't know about that evening, but that's not the night I was referring to on the 4 min races...and it wasn't wifey on that occasion

If it's happened again, I wonder if that's just because we forgot to change the timings back on the laptop?!?!
Shells by Square Crabs
Old 19-04-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

And there was me thinking I shouted at everyone who didn't marshall - I feel upset that I didn't have a go at everyone who deserved it!

Apologies about the change to 4 minutes for the last round and the final, but it was the only way that we could get 3 rounds and a final in, as unlike most weeks I couldn't start booking in until after I'd finished building the track (and Bill made me do it!)

As Andy said we were already taking steps to address the concerns you raised above.
We always have a fine line to tread between being relaxed and fun and 'taking things too seriiously'

I would also like to say thank you to those few who help set out and put away the track every week. Thank you all.
Old 19-04-2011

Send a message via MSN to Balders Send a message via Skype™ to Balders

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pinky View Post

Yeah what Andy said! Wind your neck in Chris!

Mike Baldwin - Caldicot
Old 19-04-2011

Cool

I'm going to try and get a lipo sack tomorrow off Paul. And I'll be back on booking in duties this friday
Old 19-04-2011
Mad Member

You getting there nice and early then Chris?

I'll be there from about 10am setting up for the 11ish start!
Shells by Square Crabs
Old 19-04-2011

yes Andy I'll get there for 10am mate.
Old 19-04-2011

Are you saying i now cant use my trusty old Greggs Chargrilled chicken sandwich bag to charge my Lipos in ?!?
Old 19-04-2011
Mad Member

If it was sold to you for the purposes of cataining a lipo fire you can ;-)

Are you sure it doesn't read "Greggs Chargrilling chicken sandwich bag"...maybe it's a dual purpose container?!?!
Shells by Square Crabs
Old 19-04-2011

Hi Guys,

It was my first meeting with the club last friday and i loved it, be back every week now, just got to hide the bank balance from the wife!!. Im crap with names at the best of times but the guy that booked us in took my brca and club membership etc did give a brief about looking after the neighbours etc and he shouted at the non marshalls. It was a bit of a shock to me about the lipo bag as when i last raced you charged your 1200 nicads till they melted anyway . I think i will now have loads of lipo bags as to make sure i have one for this friday ive ordered a few. I know the pressure for the Caerwent neighbours as i am on the organising comitte for the rallys inside the base and the locals are getting more and more upset nowadays so anything taht can be done to keep them sweet is well worth it.

Anyway enought of my crap

See you all friday

Rich
Old 19-04-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Hi Rich, that was me doing the shouting and welcome again!!