Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > General Car Talk

Old 11-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by big air View Post
Cat SX pure crap
after years of wanting one as a kid i couldnt have been more dissapointed when i got an sx bloody awefull
Old 25-06-2011

Losi double x
Old 25-06-2011

My first ever bash at racing was with a stock Tamiya Manta Ray at Southport, it was so slow it was untrue, someone called 'lapping' on the straight and being inexperienced I moved to one side - the same side he chose to pass me at great speed... He ploughed right up the back on the Tamiya making it go the fastest it had ever gone but it carried on pootling along - his car however did something I liken to a clown car, all 4 corners literally detaching from the chassis in a spray of plastic - I was only about 11 and this guy came barrelling up to me afterwards to give me an ear bashing - my dad, not the smallest of blokes told him to wind his neck in, which he promptly did, haha.

I didn't return to racing until I'd modded the hell out of that car - It was still no good!
Old 28-06-2011

i loved my yz-10...
Old 28-06-2011

maybe im telling my age here but cox scorpion have to saty spent money like it was warter on that thing shocks,ball diff,32 pitch gears on and on was a pain to drive fast did make a national a main once with it in like 1983 but was sadly retired with its last win in 1986 then sadly removed from my home by some theif along with my mip 4X4 cabel drive mkII car
4 wheel car that was it never made a 4 minute run i dont think with ourt pulling cable put of case
Old 28-06-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Meant to reply to this a couple of years ago now haha, but I remember the XX4's first meeting, it was the 1996 or 97 National at Marston Palmer on the Grass track...

The biggest problem next to dumping was the Front shock towers! There were a couple of big kerbs through a chicane where the XX4's were just literally exploding on impact and there was a serious shortage of front towers after practise! I remember people aralditing them together in the hope they would last!

That was before they put the X brace across it and strengthened it up!
Old 28-06-2011
Mad Member

Send a message via AIM to daz

Quote:
Originally Posted by footey View Post
xx4 i ran for less than 5 mins and sold it before id even finished the 5 min race
Just found this thread, Shane your post did make me laugh. My worst in 4wd was a Lazer ZX5, just couldnt get on with it. And in 2wd was Kyosho again with a Maxxum FF, had it way back in 89 and still make me shiver for how bad it was.