Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > The PlayGround > REAL 1:1 Cars

Old 04-08-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Default Toyota Celica Detail (Poor condition to start with)!

Here are the before shots:

The process was to Snow foam, use Meg's APC on all door shuts, vents, badges, arches to give them a good clean while the foam was left to break down.

Rinsed off, then Wheels cleaned with some Autosmart Smart Wheels and some EZ Detailing brushes - All rinsed off.

Car was then hand washed using Surf City Pacific Blue wash and wax shampoo and a Meg's Lambswool mit.

I then used Tardis to break down all the large bits of tar before claying with 3M clay and Autosmart Reglaze as clay lube.

The car was then sprayed with Meg's last touch and towel dried.

Moved into the garage for polishing and that's where some of the above pics were taken to show the swirls, it was quite scratched in places including a couple all the way down the passenger side.

I polished the car using a 3M rotary, with a mix of Chemical Guys Hex Logic pads and 3M Extra fine polish, a couple of areas on the passenger side required wet sanding so this was done where needed and then polished with 3M fast cut plus.

The car was then also refined using 3M Ultrafina all over via a White hex logic finishing pad.

Moved back outside to rinse off all dust and then waxed using Colinite 476s (Extremely durable wax)! It was then wiped down with Surf City Speed Demon Wax detailer to add an extra bit of shine! Tyres were dressed with Surf Citys beyond black tire pro.

I am really pleased with how the car came out, and hopefully Jenni will say the same but she seemed happy enough :-)

Thanks for reading

Old 04-08-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Old 06-08-2011

Well done. That's a great job.

I've always had a love hate relationship with black cars that I've owned. Love the look, hate the way every mark shows.

I'm really needing to give my motor some TLC. I keep waxing it, but it I know it needs cleaning up and the inevitable swirls,little marks from use etc need attending to. My polish machine busted a while ago and I just haven't got round to getting things sorted.
Old 06-08-2011
Mad Member

Send a message via Skype™ to simoncrabb

I'm constantly amazed at detailers reports. The sheer number of products and processes!

I just couldn't do it, I get bored just washing the things...

Much respect.
Old 06-08-2011
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to markwilliamson2001

Nice work Nick!
You seem to be making quite a business out of this, so keep up the top results on here and FB.
Old 06-08-2011
Mad Member

do ya do bikes? haha

glad to see it going well for ya buddy

http://www.xfactoryrc.co.uk/

UK Distributors of RCS Products

Old 24-12-2011

Great job! Toyota Celica is good but I also like the Toyota Prius. Prius, in my view, was a truly revolutionary vehicle for which Toyota should be given a tremendous amount of credit for innovation. As an enthusiast of all well-made cars, I really love Prius for its high fuel economy, practicality, quality, comfortable ride, safety, low maintenance costs and high resale value. If I had to pick one car for basic transportation needs, Prius would be at the top of the list. If you think the Toyota Prius and eco-friendly cars of its ilk are just for slow-moving hipsters, you are dead wrong. Prius racing is making a big splash, thanks to functions such as the 2011 Prius Cup. It fulfills the hypermilers need for speed, relatively speaking. Resource for this article: Link removed due to having absolutely no relevance to the above comment, unless you live in Washington DC and want to buy a second hand car...

Last edited by Col; 24-12-2011 at 05:29 PM. Reason: Removing link
Old 24-12-2011

What a load of crap ! Go and spam the prius forums !

Quote:
Originally Posted by monique View Post
Great job! Toyota Celica is good but I also like the Toyota Prius. Prius, in my view, was a truly revolutionary vehicle for which Toyota should be given a tremendous amount of credit for innovation. As an enthusiast of all well-made cars, I really love Prius for its high fuel economy, practicality, quality, comfortable ride, safety, low maintenance costs and high resale value. If I had to pick one car for basic transportation needs, Prius would be at the top of the list. If you think the Toyota Prius and eco-friendly cars of its ilk are just for slow-moving hipsters, you are dead wrong. Prius racing is making a big splash, thanks to functions such as the 2011 Prius Cup. It fulfills the hypermilers need for speed, relatively speaking. Resource for this article: Link removed due to having absolutely no relevance to the above comment, unless you live in Washington DC and want to buy a second hand car...

Last edited by Col; 24-12-2011 at 05:27 PM.
Old 24-12-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monique View Post

What are you talking about? The Prius carries around two sources of power. Why would you carry around that extra weight, you only need a single source of power (And electric power is clearly the most efficient source for that). Fact is, we could already be driving 100% electric cars for over 20 years now if innovation wasn't held back by the big oil companies! (They have bought many patents for useful technologies and alternatives to oil over the years, just to prevent the position of their business getting weaker).

Anyway, that said Nick, you really must love your Celica! That is a whole load of work, and an AMAZING result!

Last edited by Col; 24-12-2011 at 05:28 PM.