Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Durango

Old 07-04-2010

Hey guys what rims are you using? I got some rims comming from J Concepts and I wanted to know if there needs to be any modifications to makes different rims fit?
Old 07-04-2010

I'm using Losi rims, haven't tried j concepts...
Old 08-04-2010

I'm using Losi rears (slightly wider offset), JConcepts Rulux for B44, and AE B44 wheels.
But, I prefer the Team Durango wheels. They seem more durable/predictable, on the track.
I don't mod the rears at all, but I do shave the inside edge of the fronts to keep them from rubbing the steering link ball cups.
Old 25-04-2010

Question mamba

Do you guys know if a mamba max pro will fit into the Durango? I am trying to decide on a ESC and the Mamba seems like the best price for what you get. Would this be a bad ESC to go with if it did fit?
Old 25-04-2010

odanota -
a friend of mine has one in his
not the nicest setup
but seemed ok for space .
Old 25-04-2010

Default Thanks

Thank you for the post and pic. Did your friend not like the esc and motor or was it just not the cleanest set-up?
Old 26-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanota View Post
Do you guys know if a mamba max pro will fit into the Durango? I am trying to decide on a ESC and the Mamba seems like the best price for what you get. Would this be a bad ESC to go with if it did fit?
i tried a MMPro in my buggy. . . .it was a tight fit because of my futaba reciver, but if you remove the fan and cut a few pins off of the heatsink, it slips in right under the center shaft up against the center bulkhead, with none of the wires in contact with moving parts

Xray - Durango - Futaba - Tekin
Old 26-04-2010

Did you like the MMpro or should I just spend the money on something else like an LRP?
Old 26-04-2010

Quote:
Did you like the MMpro or should I just spend the money on something else like an LRP?
i really did like it. . . . . the ESC i general, i have run the same esc in all kinds of cars, from 1/8 buggy to the durango . . . . . its only true disadvantage is its size, its layout makes it a bit of a tough one in the durango, but it can be done pretty easily. .. . . . it will take anything you through at it in the durango, and its price and support is great

Old 26-04-2010

Default Thanks

I think I will give the ESC and the Motor a try then.
Old 26-04-2010

Quote:
I think I will give the ESC and the Motor a try then.
the MMPro/5700 sensorless combo castle offers will make that Durango fly . . . . and the price is great . . . .good luck!

Speaking of ESC's, this is a bit out of left field, but has anyone had any issues with ESC brownouts in a durango? I have been running a RSPro, and it would brownout under high load (straight away) and stick wide open throttle until it hit something hard (a runaway 4wd w/ a 6.5 is FUN!!!). . . . . there is a lot more to it after weeks of diagnostics, but i just want to see if anyone has experienced anything like it before i explain it all . . . . . . i ask on the Durango forum because me and several other people have come to the conclusion i am more prone to it than other drivers because of the weight of the Durdango

Old 26-04-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by annonymous View Post
i ask on the Durango forum because me and several other people have come to the conclusion i am more prone to it than other drivers because of the weight of the Durdango
I don't think it's due to the car being heavier then others, I have a few friends running HB D4s, that are a good 100grams heavier then my DEX410
Old 26-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
I don't think it's due to the car being heavier then others, I have a few friends running HB D4s, that are a good 100grams heavier then my DEX410
the weight contributes, not causes. . . . mine is a good 200g heavier than everyone else, and a 6.5 pulls a lot of power when it has to push a heavy car . . . . it is a combination of crappy battery cells, car weight, and possibly wounded electronics. . . . . anyone had anything like this happen?

Old 26-04-2010

Quote:
I would suggest you buy a Tekin RS or the Pro. Very small foot print and very easy to use. I use a RS with a 6.5 motor very good
Old 02-05-2010

Had mine for a bit, the best way i found to tame the rear is to use the rear droop screws. Standard the rear has more negative suspension travel than the front and contributes greatly to the rear unsettleness. Make the rear the same as the front as a starting point and reduce to prefrance.

Using a front swaybar also helped smooth it out a bit. No rear swaybar for me, loose to much lateral traction.

I am thinking of parting with mine if anyone is interested.
Old 04-05-2010

Send a message via AIM to Adam Skelding Send a message via MSN to Adam Skelding Send a message via Yahoo to Adam Skelding Send a message via Skype™ to Adam Skelding
Default Calling all US DEX410 Owners

We at Team Durango are short of set-up information for the DEX410 in the USA.
The tracks are much different to those we mainly run on in Europe and we are looking for set-ups from drivers in the US.

Could you have a look at the how to save your set-ups section on the Team Durango blog and send in your set-ups.

http://www.team-durango.com/blog/?p=775

Thanks in advance