Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Xtreme - VEGA

Old 18-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by t8rtot View Post
I actually plan on racing these cars in our summer series this year (the pred and vega) I'm curious to here what actual owners have had to say positive and negative. I've been playing with the idea for a while (1.5yrs) but living here in the US its a little expensive..
First off, Team-Ard, truly impressive car, I hope mine will look so good one day!

In response to the post above. I have had the full spec Pred for almost a year now and I love it! Since I do live in the States I was a bit hesitant to go for the Pred but I am very glad I did. The car was not perfect when I fist started to run it simply becaus I had it set up all wrong. Yaninina at team xtreme and Kev Lee helped me sort the car out and after a few adjustments/mods the car has come to life. I actually ended up buying the Pred and a used Durango since I could not decide between the two and Durango parts were available in the States. After running both cars side to side for the last few months, I can honestly say the Pred is my favorite, it simply feels smoother and runs faster (this is based off my actual lap times)!

Now for the bad, running a Pred in the States is more expensive! With that said, not by much. Once you get the car set-up correctly things really do not break plus you can make some mods that will allow you to replace high wear parts with parts that are widely available in the U.S. The customer service from Team Xtreme can be frustrating since it seems to go hot and cold without warning, I believe this is simply because it is such a small company, you will get help even if you have to wait a little while for it. The true saving grace of the car in the service department is Kev Lee and his Insidelineracing company! Kev is extremely responsive and willing to help answer any questions you may have, he will even take pics of his car and send you directions on how to set things up, classy!

In the end, the Pred is an amazing car and one anyone would be honored to own.

Anyone want to buy a Dex 410!

Cheers,

Roger
Old 29-05-2011

i notice the wing on the rear of this car is different to the standard wing for the x11 08, can someone be kind enought to tell me what wings their from, especially the rear wing.

thanks.

ps. is there to be a new version of this car due out soon or is that it for a while.

2002, 3 , 4
B.R.C.A Scottish indoor TC champion.
2005......... B.R.C.A Open modified Scottish TC champion.
2011....... Scottish Indoor OFF-ROAD champion.
2012 ......... Scottish SORC Off-Road Runner up.

My oOple Trader feedback http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84630
Old 29-05-2011

I'd love to have one to tinker with just to look at and make mods for it in my head and maybe 1 or 2 might make it on to the car, lol
Kyosho RB 6.7
MB MODELS www.rccarshop.co.uk
www.ghostrc.co.uk
Old 29-05-2011

That is a sweet looking car and some awsome pics there pal.