Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 01-07-2013

Default Mobile tool boxes as haulers

Hi All

I have been looking for a hauler for my son and they seem either a bit rubbish or very expensive. Has anyone used a Mobile toolbox like the Stanley mobile range. There are loads out there and some for buttons. Any experiences?

some examples

Old 01-07-2013

I've got one similar to the draper tool box you've listed, doesn't give me any problems it's on wheels with a handle so its nice and easy to move around. The only problem with mine is that it doesn't have the compartments that a hauler has but I already had several tool trays/boxes I could use so I just stack everything (supposedly) neatly.

I can't actually fit my car in my box so I carry it separate if you got one big enough then the one downside is that there isn't really anything to stop it flying around when its in transport.
Old 01-07-2013
Mad Member

Default seem OK

Seen many at tracks use them in all forms so they must be OK. it really depends what your putting in them and the larger sections are deep and means placing things on top of each other.
I was tempted there are a few in BnQ similar.
May still try one as my pricey hauler has popped the zip.....
2013 & 2014 OOPLE INVERNATIONAL
BEER RACE RUNNER UP!

FEEDBACK LINK =
Old 01-07-2013

I will take a wander round the local B&Q to check sizes etc. It will be for 1/10th buggy and fitting the car in would be important. Glad to hear a few being used out there, they seem a lot more robust that the RC haulers I have seen.
Old 02-07-2013

We got this:
http://www.diy.com/nav/fix/handtools...skuId=11398680

It's just big enough for a 1/10th 2wd in the top with the wheels off (at least son's Mad Monkey fits) with space around it for charger. Lots of space underneath for tyres, larger spares and tx. The top tray is good for tools. We use the swing out tray for smaller spares and have a small divided box in the main section for screws. It also has two sections in the top of the lid that fit a set of saddles or a stick pack in each.

The bottom section isn't divided so you sometimes have to search around for what you want, but it's cheap enough and does an good job for the price.

Found some more photos of what appears to be the same thing from Screwfix at twice the price! These show more clearly how it all works.
http://www.screwfix.com/p/stanley-mo...k-centre/99888
Old 02-07-2013
Mad Member

I had this idea myself earlier in the year and went to B&Q to investigate, tape measure in hand... I left with one of those Stanley rolling toolboxes, it was the basic one and only twenty quid, quite chuffed with my new purchase I got home and set about trying to fit everything into it.

After a little while of trying I wasn't happy with it so returned to B&Q and exchanged it for another one, this happened with whatever I bought so after I'd returned the forth one I gave up on the idea.

I've decided to buy a hauler now as they do what they're meant to do.

My paintwork thread
Old 02-07-2013

Well I did go to B&Q and have purchased the £20 version. The car with tyres on is a pretty tight fit but does go in and the tote fits on top of it. For the money I don't think we can go far wrong and I probably couldn't build one any cheaper.

Old 02-07-2013
Spends too long on oOple ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TARTMAN View Post
Seen many at tracks use them in all forms so they must be OK. it really depends what your putting in them and the larger sections are deep and means placing things on top of each other.
I was tempted there are a few in BnQ similar.
May still try one as my pricey hauler has popped the zip.....
Rather than throw big money away, get the zip replaced, won't cost to much.