Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Vintage RC

Old 28-01-2014

Default Vintage losi?

After posting a vintage losi in the the for sale section and getting very little response, I was wondering if their is much interest in these?

I have looked on the net, I found a bit in the states, what about the uk?

Mainly just interested as a losi man from the start, but any info as to where I might be able to make a sale would be great too, other than eBay obviously
Old 28-01-2014
Mad Member

there is probably more interest in the vintage buggy than trucks, take a look at www.rc10talk.com forum losi section.
there is also a buy/sell section on there but you must become a member to use that
Old 28-01-2014

I can see what you mean, trucks have never really been as popular, I wasn't restricting it to my particular sale item though.

In my, admittedly limited, searching, I found very little vintage losi, which surprised me given their popularity as a race car for so many years.

I'll have a look at the rc10 site, I had come across it, but never did join.
Old 28-01-2014

I did spot your for-sale post for your JRXT & I must admit I was very tempted to contact you, but I just cannot justify spending what I think would be a fair offer (for you) on a new in the box kit, where there's that awful quandary as whether one should build it or not.... & it would be pure sacrilege to actually run it! When I've already got so many vintage cars already (including a number of vintage Losi's - which are a particular fav of mine)

I did pass on the link to someone on RC10talk who I thought would be interest, but he had the same thoughts as me :-/ my advice (unfortunately) to realise its maximum worth would be to put it on eBay - & open it up to international buyers ;-)
+ too many vintage racers to list!
Old 30-01-2014

Dan, I can see where your coming from, it would seem a shame to build it and sacrilege to run it, then again, I've had it for 20+years and I'm tempted to do both every time I look at it

It would seem that eBay is the way to go, as much as I'd rather not.

I'm glad to hear that there is are losi people out there, although I don't have any other vintage ones as such, I think I've got at least 6 running cars from xx4's to a 22.2.