Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 06-04-2014
Mad Member

Default Binding/Grinding problem with Savöx 1258TG

Hi everyone,

Recently I was working on my car and when the servo rotated I noticed a sort of crackling or grinding noise when I rotated the servo wheel manually. I opened the servo and found nothing very unusual: The grease is a bit grey, but there seem to be no clear flakes, mis-shapen or missing teeth. The casing seems to be fine, and the bearing at the top feels silky smooth.

I re-assembled it, being puzzled I found nothing, and then I found out the issue: the problem seems to depend on how tightly the casing is tightened! So with the casing gently tightened further and further I found a tension where the casing is closed (and the casing doesn't move/deform at full lock) and doesn't bind either.

However, considering I never opened up the servo before, it was bought new and now is only about a year old without any prior problems, I'm left wondering as to what what might have caused that problem. Has anyone got experience with this, or suggestions?

3D Printing Upgrade Parts - FF210 Buggy
Old 06-04-2014

I had the same problem with a sanwa servo from new. the recesses in the casing for the gear pins were either making it tight/bind when the case screws were to tight or if they were to loose there would be play in the pins... Just enough to let one the gears move up slightly to rub on the underside of the next gear causing a slight grinding/gritty feel at a certain point in the servos travel.