Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > XRAY

Old 01-04-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Default XB4 - Full top deck

Has anyone used the XB4 full top deck yet?
Like this one: http://www.rccarshop.co.uk/index.php...r-deck-v2.html
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 01-04-2013

I have run it outdoors once, but tbh I could not say I noticed much difference. But I ended up taking it off to stock and going back to 9 caster blocks. And I was miles faster with the 9's. Should have compared the long and short topdeck back to back. But it was the last winter series meet. So didn't fancy taking the risk.

But tbh Not done any serious testing with it, think it would work best indoor on carpet/astro. Or in the summer on a high bite astro track. But at the moment could not say it was any better or worse. But on the flip side not run it enough to have a complete view on it...
Old 01-04-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I was at a loose end on daddy duties today, so we went to MB models and bought one.

How are the 9deg blocks faster? How was it changing the turn in running back to back?
I went to 6 early on to try tame the rear end, and just stuck with them.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 01-04-2013

Um, for me I have been running the stock 9's since day 1. And have tried the 6's for 3 quali runs. And I am normally top 1-2 pace wise, and for those 3 runs I was 3-4th. And struggling to keep up with my usual pace. Put the 9's back in and bam-Back to P1 pace. That could be as Im used to them... but I just found the 9's give me more initial turn in which I like.

Plus the track layout did not have many fast long sweeping corner's. So found the initial turn in better on the 9's tbh. 6 should give it more exit steering and help the rear. But I love to have a car with bags of steering.. I have full throw and no expo. So the 9's suit my style better, but will give the 6's another try though.
Old 01-04-2013

Plus the track layout did not have many fast long sweeping corner's. So found the initial turn in better on the 9's tbh. 6 should give it more exit steering and help the rear. But I love to have a car with bags of steering.. I have full throw and no expo. So the 9's suit my style better, but will give the 6's another try though.[/QUOTE]
6deg will give more initial steering over 9deg . 9 will be smoother and have more mid-exit steering
Old 01-04-2013

Yeah your right Glenn...I must have completely miss read the Hudy offroad guide-When I swapped them out!

Either way I preferred the 9's haha
Old 01-04-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Cheers, i'll swap them out next meeting to test for myself.
Old 03-04-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Just fitted:

Yaiba Racing XB4 Woven Graphite Long Upper Deck V.2 - YRG070

It's available from MB Models: http://www.rccarshop.co.uk/index.php...r-deck-v2.html
Old 03-04-2013
Mad Member

Other than looking good what benefits would this give ?
Old 03-04-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroP View Post
Other than looking good what benefits would this give ?
Not run it yet, so we'll see, but it does stiffen up the front to rear flex, but still allows some torsional flex in the chassis. I think it will be great outside on the higher grip tracks.
Old 26-06-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Hi
Did you test the top deck? What are your thoughts?

"Babe thats NOT the price its the serial number!!"
Old 26-06-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Fantastic! Never took it off. That and the Ralls rear shock tower, and some under lipo weight really sorted the over rotation problem out. I know compared to car without it, it drives and corners better.
Old 21-01-2014
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by neallewis View Post
Fantastic! Never took it off. That and the Ralls rear shock tower, and some under lipo weight really sorted the over rotation problem out. I know compared to car without it, it drives and corners better.
Is this more suited to high grip or will it suit lower grip aswell