Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Associated

Old 09-12-2015

Default B5m working

This might come over strange but here goes, I've just fitted the servo, esc,motor and wired it all up, ( bit tight for space mind ) having some used tyres that came with the car when I bought it my son & I had a quick blast up & down the front street, went well , goes straight and canny nippy for only having a 13.5t in. Carnt wait to get up and running soon and going to seaham buggy club for my first time, I'm not new to racing but new to buggies, as is my son ( guess who wants one now tho )

Question is do buggies have turning circles like 1/12 & gt12 I've set mind to about 1 mt at 100% on my tranny.

Can I use a cheaper hand set like say a core 2.4g for my son or worth just buying him a Sanwa from the start.
Old 10-12-2015

Welcome to off road! Great fun, I'll be really surprised if you don't love it! Jumps, surface changes etc all mega, and the B5m a good car out of the box, strong as hell too.

I've not raced 1/12th; haven't set a turning circle on a buggy before personally?

Re the TX/RX, loads of people at our club have cheap stuff when they start out, and the younger members (kids!) crash so much while they're learning I'm not sure a Sanwa would make any difference. Personally I'd go cheap at first and see if he likes it, plus no worries if he drops it. (no idea how old is of course!)
Old 10-12-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakey4 View Post

Question is do buggies have turning circles like 1/12 & gt12 I've set mind to about 1 mt at 100% on my tranny.
The norm would be to set steering so as the steering arm touches the caster block on full lock just enough so as to take any slop out of the assembly but not so much as to put excessive strain on the servo, your EPA will probably end up different left to right to achieve the same result.
----AE B4 ft----Xfactory X6^----DEX210 V1----
----TLR22 3.0----TLR22 4.0----TLR22t 4.0----TLR22 5.0AC----
----AE B6.4----
Old 10-12-2015

Go sanwa from the off maybe a used one t begin with
Liars run for cover the truth is taking over!!!
Old 10-12-2015

Thanks lads the bairn is 14 used to race 1/12 aged 8-9 then mardaves then packed in because a lad at our club said something to him didn't take it well ( neither did I the c..t ) see what happens after our first race/outing
Old 20-12-2015

Well had the B5m out tonight at seaham for my first every go with a buggy, after sorting out my steering locks ( left/right ) the car handled a lot better, it's totally different racing compared to what I race gt12 - 1/12 road cars, carnt wait for the next meeting at seaham, Only ran a 13.5 reedy Mach 2 which went ok not the fastest but not the slowest lol