Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team C Racing

Old 18-02-2013

Default West Bridgford feedback...

Aeyup

Hope you all had a good weekends racing, how'd y'all get on!?

Just thought i'd share how we got on over the weekend at the 3rd round of West Bridgfords indoor winter series, which is ran on carpet with a selection of ramps, bumps and jumps.

It was our first time out with the TM2 at the previous round so it would be interesting to see how we faired this time round. The only alterations between the two outings were that we started with 40 weight oil in the front shocks, a 2.5 increase from before and we also ran a slotted top deck....an experiment from a low grip outing which im not convinced was benefical for running on high grip carpet. We also ran the rear shocks on the inside hole on the wishbone, this wasn't ideal but I felt the car needed a little more grip on a slippy mat section so the sacrifice was made.

The car was performing really well and certainly on pace with the leaders, unfortunately my brain/thumbs weren't! Whilst being very pleased with the car I still felt it was pushing on the exit of corners, in the end I moved the shocks out on the tower which helped a little bit, but mainly through the first 3/4 of the corner.

We are only running 25 degrees caster but having tried the 30 degree blocks before I felt it made the car too dosile, so next time I will just try adding 1 or 2mm spacers under the front ball stud. I tried it at Silverstone last week and it worked a treat so hopefully it will make another slight improvement. I would also like to try an alloy front 'nose' to add a bit more weight up front, has anyone tried it yet? I know Alecs friend at Silverstone is making some so i think it will be worth a go.

There were quite a few other TM2's at the meeting, and all seemingly working well....John Jones qualified B1 and was unlucky to not make the A-Final having posted at least 2 top ten times throughout the day. Having driven like an idiot and posted no decent scores in the first two rounds I was saved by the sheer pace of the car in the final rounds to qualify 4th and in the final I got a few lucky breaks to finish 2nd.

Although I was disapointed with my own performance the car was again superb and really got a result that I didnt deserve....thats the kinda car I like

I have filled in set-up sheets for West Bridgford, Broxtowe and Silverstone so if anyone wants a gander or to compare then just PM me your email and ill send them over

Ta ra for now!
Old 18-02-2013
oOple Advertiser

Yes I think the slotted top deck maybe slowed the car down a bit on the very high grip carpet, the car was still a joy to drive though and I can't wait for the final round where hopefully I won't get the dreaded BQ!

I'll be going back to the small bores this week, they seem to suit my driving style better.

--SMD--INSIDE LINE MODELS--PR RACING UK--

My feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79696