Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > XRAY

Old 23-01-2016

Default Xb2 rear grip on carpet

Hi all, I need a little help here. I am running my xb2 as per kit setup with the medium front plastics and 40 gram under lipo weight and I can't seem to to get rear traction. When I apply the brakes or try to accelerate out of a corner, the back end want to come around. Any suggestions?.
Old 23-01-2016
Mad Member

It I'll be your setup causing the problem
Old 23-01-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buggyman View Post
Hi all, I need a little help here. I am running my xb2 as per kit setup with the medium front plastics and 40 gram under lipo weight and I can't seem to to get rear traction. When I apply the brakes or try to accelerate out of a corner, the back end want to come around. Any suggestions?.
I did my setup as per the Malin EOS on petit. Only difference is I am running composite front bulkhead and only 25G under the lipo instead of 50g. Lipo to the front. My rear end was absolutely locked in on medium grip carpet. I mean LOCKED in.
Old 23-01-2016

is your diff empty does it need rebuilding
Old 23-01-2016

i have the same issue, but not tried anything yet. not raced this month
Old 23-01-2016

Sorry to hijack this post a little,(could be silly question time)but is the ball diff a direct fit into the xb2?. Hopefully I should be getting the car in the next few weeks and if it does ill get one for it.
TeamC Tco2c Evo
Veteran
Old 23-01-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooksy View Post
Sorry to hijack this post a little,(could be silly question time)but is the ball diff a direct fit into the xb2?. Hopefully I should be getting the car in the next few weeks and if it does ill get one for it.

I bought I ball diff with my kit and haven't to be honest even built my gear diff and just waiting for my shell now so can run it
Old 24-01-2016

That's your official ball diff
http://www.rcdisco.com/part-info.php?partNo=XR325000
I'm gonna try mine with it today at York for first time seeing as its a bit slippy. So fingers crossed it works (never run ball diff before)

Xray XB2 '18
Xray XB4 '18
Old 24-01-2016

It will definitely be better on the slippy stuff than the gear diff. I will be using mine mainly on carpet so the gear diff will get most use. Even when I run outdoors the gear diff will be in most of the time unless it's wet.
TeamC Tco2c Evo
Veteran
Old 11-03-2016

I found the rear was a bit too lively, on the XB2, on lower grip carpet grip, with kit set up. So, I Went up to 12500 cst oil in diff and laid down the rear shocks. It worked a treat. Read end was locked in!
Old 26-03-2016

Both my mate & I found the diff to evaporate the oil, although Bent said this is impossible with silicone oils. We found the oil would turn black and the viscosity would turn to a paste. We have used all the manufactures oils and all have found all to be the same. I've put it down to the small tight and twisty tracks here in the UK which is over heating the oil. After 4-5 runs we could tell when the oil was getting low as the would start to over rotate in the corners and become very unpredictable. Both my mate and I now run the ball diff which is far superior and manageable, just don't let it slip and ensure you don't over tighten.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 12755150_993861170690429_1141725278_o.jpg (96.0 KB, 25 views)
Old 26-03-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buggyman View Post
I had this issue. Solved it by loosening the slipper.
Old 26-03-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigmase View Post
Both my mate & I found the diff to evaporate the oil, although Bent said this is impossible with silicone oils. We found the oil would turn black and the viscosity would turn to a paste. We have used all the manufactures oils and all have found all to be the same. I've put it down to the small tight and twisty tracks here in the UK which is over heating the oil. After 4-5 runs we could tell when the oil was getting low as the would start to over rotate in the corners and become very unpredictable. Both my mate and I now run the ball diff which is far superior and manageable, just don't let it slip and ensure you don't over tighten.
Same with me. Filled my diff on Wednesday with fresh associated 7k oil and by Friday night it was empty leaving just s thick goop of burnt black oil which smells revolting.

Good job it's only 6 screws to get the diff out!

Nick Priest

http://www.midlandsraceway.co.uk/

http://model-car-racer.co.uk

For the best PERMANENT Indoor Off Road circuit in the West Midlands.
Old 26-03-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosworth View Post
Same with me. Filled my diff on Wednesday with fresh associated 7k oil and by Friday night it was empty leaving just s thick goop of burnt black oil which smells revolting.

Good job it's only 6 screws to get the diff out!
Are you running metal or plastic gears?
I have built mine up with metal ones and ordered the metal pins from France so goi g try it at bury if weather is ok
Old 26-03-2016

Built it up with the plastic gears. I did have a look for metal gears but couldn't see them on Mb.

Nick Priest

http://www.midlandsraceway.co.uk/

http://model-car-racer.co.uk

For the best PERMANENT Indoor Off Road circuit in the West Midlands.
Old 26-03-2016

Tried both with the same result, even removed two of the gears so there was a greater volume of oil, lasts longer but still the same net result. I would recommend going with the ball diff
Old 26-03-2016

Quote:
Tried both with the same result, even removed two of the gears so there was a greater volume of oil, lasts longer but still the same net result. I would recommend going with the ball diff
I have a ball diff going to give the gear diff a run and see what maybe o can think of. Bit surprised to be honest as the xray gear diffs are what made the xb4 such a great car
Old 24-04-2016

Quote:
I thought this was just me, at the start of clubnights my diff feels good, but as the night goes on I can feel the oil having less and less effect. I am also running metal inside instead of the plastics.
Old 24-04-2016

This isn't happening to me with mine. I usually dislike gear diffs but I like this one.

Modelsport UK Race Team | Schumacher KC