Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 28-12-2011

are you sure there not sharing numbers?
sounds like you must be unlucky
Old 28-12-2011
Mad Member

Why AMB only? What happened to free trade?
I have 3 MRT PT's 1 in my 1/8th nitro and 1 each in my 1/10th 2 and 4wd i have run at some big tournaments including the last 3 Proline International events at Slough i have only ever had 1 issue and that was with my newest one in my 2wd at a club meeting where it showed up already allocated which was very easily and quickly overcome BRCA Rules state it is the driver's responsibility to check their PT's not the club!
KoPropo EX10
Kyosho MP9 , OS Speed
Paint by Magoo
Old 28-12-2011
Mlarrinen

So informative things are provided here, I really happy to read this post, I was just imagine about it and you provided me the correct information I really bookmark it, for further reading, So thanks for sharing the information.
Old 28-12-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodchris View Post
Why AMB only? What happened to free trade?
I have 3 MRT PT's 1 in my 1/8th nitro and 1 each in my 1/10th 2 and 4wd i have run at some big tournaments including the last 3 Proline International events at Slough i have only ever had 1 issue and that was with my newest one in my 2wd at a club meeting where it showed up already allocated which was very easily and quickly overcome BRCA Rules state it is the driver's responsibility to check their PT's not the club!
Because it's a nightmare if loads of people have the same number. I like the fact that if you have an AMB you own that number.
Old 28-12-2011
Mad Member

MRT should be the same but mistakes happen!
Having been involved with both Nitro and Electric you must be unlucky if this happens that regularly
KoPropo EX10
Kyosho MP9 , OS Speed
Paint by Magoo
Old 28-12-2011
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbot View Post
The problem we have with nitro we have 80+ drivers at club meeting and the issue comes up when we try and bump a driver to the next final.
We have on our system 120+ drivers with these half the drivers dont check thier numbers so this wastes time on race days (we have 580 drivers on system total).
If everyone had a different number you have no problems.
AMB are going to do clones soon model identifcation.
Also people have sold clones so we have on our system 15 pts with same number.
This does need looking at I can see why people want to save £30 but it causes us PAIN on race days.
BRCA rules should sate AMB PTs only IMO.
Jim
brca do not have to power to impliment thatand they would have to reimburse all those who own mrt bugs.. i have 6 mrt bugs and no problem but then i use my own number, but your comment would see me unable to use em........
Old 28-12-2011
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to MattW

The problem is not people that have MRT clones of their own number, the problem is people that buy the generic MRT and use one of the supplied numbers. I don't believe MRT are able to generate "new" numbers, so the reality of it is if you buy one with generic numbers on it - there is every chance that you could meet someone who has done the same. So you don't really own a Personal Transponder, you have a "shared" number!

I too have a clone of my own number - but of course it's only me that has that number.

I can totally see why this is a problem to race organisers, and as someone who has an involvement in running a club.
Old 28-12-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Big G Send a message via Skype™ to Big G

I've found the best place to get one is to keep your eyes peeled on here or ebay. if you're quick enough you can pick them up for <£40
Old 28-12-2011
Mad Member

I've got the MRT PTX one, not raced with it yet but it comes with 10 numbers. These are 7 digit numbers.

I appreciate a lot of people race but surely the chances of meeting one with the same are extremely rare. I'm no mathematician but I know with 7 digits that's a lot of possibilites and I'm sure a lot more than people who race in this country.

My paintwork thread
Old 28-12-2011
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to MattW

eyeayen - I understand where you're coming from - however, it isn't that simple. The reality is that I believe MRT only own a certain number of "7 digit codes". This means that the same "7 digits" are used on a lot of their PTX's. So, the chances of meeting someone with the same as you is actually much higher.
Old 28-12-2011
Mad Member

I used to have a my laps Harry then I decided to sell all my rc gear then I decided not to give up I'd sold my Harry and got the mrt ptx20 first meeting out with it at chadderton the the preset number was already in use so I changed to preset number 2# that was in use also so I opted for preset #19 and that was fine

The moral of the story is = buy a my laps

Buds

http://budsballs.co.uk
Old 28-12-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattW View Post
The reality is that I believe MRT only own a certain number of "7 digit codes"
Ah... well that wee's all over my fireworks, I wasn't aware of that. The other posts in this thread make a lot more sense now...

My paintwork thread
Old 28-12-2011

And unfortunately not everyone who has one, knows how to set the number correctly - hence they don't know what number to book in with.. Sad, but true..
Old 28-12-2011
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbot View Post
The problem we have with nitro we have 80+ drivers at club meeting and the issue comes up when we try and bump a driver to the next final.
We have on our system 120+ drivers with these half the drivers dont check thier numbers so this wastes time on race days (we have 580 drivers on system total).
If everyone had a different number you have no problems.
AMB are going to do clones soon model identifcation.
Also people have sold clones so we have on our system 15 pts with same number.
This does need looking at I can see why people want to save £30 but it causes us PAIN on race days.
BRCA rules should sate AMB PTs only IMO.
Jim
so get the drivers to do the work, get them to change their numbers (MRT do have 10 or 20 on them) surely between you all you can sort that?

I don't want an AMB, I'd rather have MRT thanks, I don't think the BRCA would ever say AMB only, and you'd still have the problem of sold clones

--SMD--INSIDE LINE MODELS--PR RACING UK--

My feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79696
Old 28-12-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by john333 View Post
so get the drivers to do the work, get them to change their numbers (MRT do have 10 or 20 on them) surely between you all you can sort that?

I don't want an AMB, I'd rather have MRT thanks, I don't think the BRCA would ever say AMB only, and you'd still have the problem of sold clones
But if mylaps make their decoders mylaps only then the brca will have no choice.
Old 28-12-2011
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattybucks View Post
But if mylaps make their decoders mylaps only then the brca will have no choice.
True, and that would p--s a LOT of people off having to find a load of money for an AMB when they've got a perfectly good MRT already.

--SMD--INSIDE LINE MODELS--PR RACING UK--

My feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79696
Old 28-12-2011
Awesome Admin

Send a message via AIM to Col

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattybucks View Post
AMB decoders are already AMB only, hence why the MRT PT's are installed with AMB numbers - every MRT PT is a clone of 10 (or 20) AMB PT's that MRT bought purely for the numbers.