Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Batley Buggy Club

Old 04-04-2009

Default Batley Buggy Club... yaaaaay!!!!

Wow! good to hear this club is still in existence... top news... I've been by the track several times but it seemed deserted and (dare I say...?) a bit rundown!!! (gulp... sorry!!)

I heard it was defunct 'cos the organisers were strapped for cash and the sports centre was playing up...

I saw the supercup advertised, but didn't know where the venue was, I would have loved to have seen it...

ok, after shooting myself in the foot, are you looking for new members? i.e. me? What do you run regards cells 'n motors...? nimh, lipo, BL? I have a 13.5 'n lipo's that are looking for a home... what would I be better looking for? 2wd, 4wd? carbon, plastic? truck/truggy or buggy?

Don't want to break the bank as i've done that with the TC... what would be an OK starting chassis that I can slip by the wife without her noticing the drain on the account? Oh yes... 'n can I come 'n play?
Old 04-04-2009

Send a message via MSN to super sparks Send a message via Skype™ to super sparks
Default Come on down

we are meeting tomorrow at ten o clock for track preperation and aim to start racing at 11,come down and see us you are very welcome to do so then you can see all the various types of 2 and 4 wheel drive cars we run. noticed from your post yo come from dewsbury so do i

lrp - novak - spektrum 2.4 ghz
KYOSHO ZX-5 SP x2
KYOSHO RB-5 sp + sp2
KYOSHO INFERNO NEO

BATLEY BUGGY CLUB
Old 04-04-2009

I'm up at bywell road, nr the whistler... if I can sneak out I'll come down... thanks for the reply...
Old 05-04-2009
#1 ZX5 fan

2wd buggy (especially with a brushless and lipo) can be a very cheap car to run. Find a decent setup and you just brush the dust off every week and keep running it.

Hope you can pop down today!

Nortech is ACE!
Old 05-04-2009

Had over an hour track side today and was impressed by the look of the track... cleans up well dunnit?

Still no nearer to what chassis/kit to look for... but I did like the look of the 2wd tho'... bit more traditional in looks than the 4wd...

Everyone seemed to be running crazy wind motors 4.5-6.5 BL's... what's all that about? I was kinda hoping to use a 13.5 I have going spare but now unsure if it will be sufficient...

Good news tho'... only 15 mins from home!!

Anyone willing to share any opinions on chassis/cells/motors etc...
Old 05-04-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

You'll be fine with that motor

With modern lipo's you'll still have enough power to have some fun, on todays track the only place you'd have lost out would have been the second half of the straight - I had a 6.5 in my 2wd and 4wd today and wasn't using more than about 1/4 throttle anywhere other than the straight