Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Vintage RC

Old 17-02-2013

Default Previous owners

I've often wondered what happened to my old models that either got swapped, sold or just misplaced since I started back in '85.

Well I can never be sure of that but recently I bought an Optima on eBay and noticed that the sanwa tx had a name label on it. So, if anyone is or knows Adrian Griggs then they can be sure that despite ending up on the West Coast of Scotland 25 years later that your car still runs, still has the Sierra shell along with the others and continues to put a smile on my face.
Old 19-02-2013

Default be careful what you wish for!

I have a large collection of vintage rides, some of which have a very special racing pedigree, one in particular was a European championship winning car from the early 90's. Previous original owner who is a good friend and ex teammate knows I have it and has done for years, it's been in my collection for well over 10 yrs. Problem is they've recently asked to purchase it back.

It wasn't bought by me from him, it's was part of a garage clearance stumbled upon by chance,
Moral dilemma! It's not for sale but the romancer within me would like to let him have it back as I know if I came across an old car of mine I'd also like it back. I've owned it way longer than they ever did and is a very special car in my collection.

I have offered it to them to use if they wish for any special vintage event as I'd like to watch them race it again.

I just dont want to sell it.
Old 19-02-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Lander View Post
I have a large collection of vintage rides, some of which have a very special racing pedigree, one in particular was a European championship winning car from the early 90's. Previous original owner who is a good friend and ex teammate knows I have it and has done for years, it's been in my collection for well over 10 yrs. Problem is they've recently asked to purchase it back.

It wasn't bought by me from him, it's was part of a garage clearance stumbled upon by chance,
Moral dilemma! It's not for sale but the romancer within me would like to let him have it back as I know if I came across an old car of mine I'd also like it back. I've owned it way longer than they ever did and is a very special car in my collection.

I have offered it to them to use if they wish for any special vintage event as I'd like to watch them race it again.

I just dont want to sell it.
What car is it Steve?
Old 20-02-2013

Check this out: Is a Futaba Magnum from a Kyosho Turbo Optima Mid SE that I bought from ebay. The masking tape is really old, the name written is; "Gus Berghoff" probabbly was taped to the remote back in the 80's. It's not my name, but I left it there, thought it would add some nostalgic features of the era.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN4119.JPG (162.6 KB, 6 views)
Old 20-02-2013

This particular one in question is an RC10 and amongst other racing bodies for it also has an unused commemorative bodyshell of the euro's event win that was painted and signed by Dallas. The car is also engraved by its original owner on the motor mount behind the spur gear.
Old 20-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Lander View Post
This particular one in question is an RC10 and amongst other racing bodies for it also has an unused commemorative bodyshell of the euro's event win that was painted and signed by Dallas. The car is also engraved by its original owner on the motor mount behind the spur gear.
Would it look anything like this per-chance?

Old 20-02-2013

Similarly artistic but wasn't even cut out when I got it with the cars.