Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Tiverton Radio Controlled Car Club

Old 11-03-2013

Default Important Items for New Season

All - I have put some points on the website but to ensure everyone is in the know, please see below:

1 - In order to reduce the chaos at the first meeting, please can you help by sending your membership renewals in the post by the 7th April. This is just to help speed things up when booking in starts on 14th April.

2 - We are giving those who use the current handout transponders (attached list at the bottom of the news page on the website) first refusal on purchasing one for £40. This doesn't have to be paid in one go but we need to know by 7th April if you wish to purchase one at this discounted price.

We are changing to the new system therefore reducing the number of 'Handout PT's' we can offer.
Old 11-03-2013

Does this mean people with mrt transponders will have to buy new ones ?
Old 11-03-2013

I have mylaps transponder will that still be alright to use??
Old 11-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by newberyclan View Post
Does this mean people with mrt transponders will have to buy new ones ?
i think so yeah rc4 does not work with them i dont think the old red square amb transponder will work either but might be wrong
Old 11-03-2013

Apologies, I should have explained better.

We will be transferring to the new AMB RC system which does not support any other transponders but the AMB ones. This applies to ALL genuine AMB RC digital transponders, which ever shape.

Those who we believe is a small amount, will have to switch to the AMB transponders and these are available by trading in your non-AMB transponder for a discounted price to buy a genuine AMB transponder.

Whilst in the first instance, this affects those with MRT transponders, we are aware that there are drivers who will be wanting to race with the new type transponder. We would like to cater for all but unfortunately we are unable to and we have to change with the way things are going.

Thanks and apologies for not explaining before.
Old 11-03-2013

Came racing a few times last year and was told to get a pt and pointed in the direction of the mrt so I bought 1. Now, less than a year later you advise us to spend more cash and trade in something because of a new system.

Don't think I'll be supporting your club this year.

Gotta admit those days in Blundles carpark was what club racing was about.

Change for the sake of changing to something shiny coz its new & fashionable , unfortunately is what has become of this sport.& it dont help the newbies!

-2 trccc
Old 11-03-2013

I think a lot of people will be put off by this but that applys to all club that upgrade i would say half of the people who race at tiverton use a mrt.
Old 12-03-2013

well i think its great that tiverton are keeping up with the times
top job guys

i will be joining the club in full this year
lee
Old 12-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by fencer39 View Post
Came racing a few times last year and was told to get a pt and pointed in the direction of the mrt so I bought 1. Now, less than a year later you advise us to spend more cash and trade in something because of a new system.

Don't think I'll be supporting your club this year.

Gotta admit those days in Blundles carpark was what club racing was about.

Change for the sake of changing to something shiny coz its new & fashionable , unfortunately is what has become of this sport.& it dont help the newbies!

-2 trccc
So how would you feel if you came to the meeting new to the hobby and had just brought the new AMB transponder and couldnt use it?? as that could be the case Its very hard to keep everyone happy and sometimes you can't ! I do believe AMB are doing a deal for users to trade in there MRT I think but correct me if I am wrong.
Old 12-03-2013

It seems a shame that we can use MRT transponders at every other club in the south west with the exception of tiverton. You are effectively asking us to buy a new transponder just to race at one club especially if you are removing the handout option.

Anyone who buys a purcy that will work at tiverton is going to struggle everywhere else. I assume that they will be warned of that?

Steve
Old 12-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveuk View Post
It seems a shame that we can use MRT transponders at every other club in the south west with the exception of tiverton. You are effectively asking us to buy a new transponder just to race at one club especially if you are removing the handout option.

Anyone who buys a purcy that will work at tiverton is going to struggle everywhere else. I assume that they will be warned of that?

Steve
We are not removing the handout option, that will always be available, we are selling some of the current RC4 'Harry' handout transponders, and then replacing the ones sold with latest RC4 Pure 'Purcy' transponder.

Every other club in the South West could upgrade to the RC4 decoder, it's just we have chosen to do this now, as have the BRCA 1/10th section. See here - http://www.brca.org/index.php?q=cont...ationals/19616

Taken this from the BRCA as it applies to the situation..
Quote:
The decision has been made for the following reasons :-
1. Our current Decoder is several years old and is due for upgrading/replacement.
2. If the current Decoder develops a fault during the season, any repair/replacement would be to the RC4 Spec., as the manufacturer no longer supplies Decoders of the older versions. It is easier to organise this transition before the National Series commences than take the chance of it happening during the Series of events.
3. We know that some RC4 (Purcy) transponders have already been purchased. As the Section supplies the timing equipment at these events, we consider that we are responsible for being able to record times from any competitor that has a genuine AMB/MyLaps transponder.
4. AMB/MyLaps have advised that the current 'Harry' transponder will record better signal values when used with the RC4 decoder. This is a 'step forwards' which may help to alleviate missed laps which can occur.

~Tiverton Radio Control Car Club-
Old 12-03-2013

Default amb transponder

Found This image might help.

Old 12-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop View Post
Found This image might help.

very good find you dont need a purcy to race at tivvy any digital amb transponder will work purcy only works on rc4 but at a faster rate
Old 13-03-2013

i read something the other day saying that the mrt will still work but they are likely to miss laps, apparently about 1lap in every 4 will miss but dont quote me on that, i will try and find it
Carisma gtb x2
Schumacher gt12 x2
Old 13-03-2013

I raced at a meeting a few weeks ago and they were running both the new and old decoders and the new one did not pick up the Mrt! As far as Tiverton changing the decoder THIS is the right choice going forward so that if someone new turns up with a new Amb they can still race but if you turn up with a Mrt YOU can still race as we have handouts so you will always get to race so personally I don't see what the problem is just my 5 pence worth!
Old 13-03-2013

Personally I don't understand why you would change a perfectly good working piece of kit for a new one just because its on offer, they still sell the harry new so transponders are supported.

If the Tiverton decoder is on its last legs or unreliable then fair enough take advantage of there offer.

I think you will be upsetting a lot of MRT owners, and possibly putting of new members as now there transponder cost has nearly doubled.

I hope you have a lot of handout transponders.
Old 13-03-2013

http://www.brca.org/index.php?q=cont...ationals/19616

So what will those that have mrts do when they want to race at end of year finals or nationals???
Old 13-03-2013

Hi I have mylaps rc4 hybrid transponder I brought from the club last season will I have to go out and buy a new one or can I still use this one!!!!
Old 13-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team 36 View Post
Hi I have mylaps rc4 hybrid transponder I brought from the club last season will I have to go out and buy a new one or can I still use this one!!!!
No you can still use that one its called the harry it will work
Old 13-03-2013

Ok thanks you mate!!!