Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Norfolk Buggy Club

Old 19-08-2009

Default just joined

Hi,

Just joined the forum, maybe looking to race R/C cars, my son has a basic tamyia model and I have recently restored my old manta ray from the eighties. Although don't think these will be any good for racing!!. Just wondering how often you guys meet and whereabouts is the track?
Quite interested in coming along next time and having a look. thanks
Old 20-08-2009
Mad Member

I hope the following helps, there is also a website with more information about the club, www.norfolkbuggyclub.co.uk

Norfolk Buggy Club meets about once at month present, with the next race meetings planned to be on the 30 August and 27 September, with both of these being Sunday's.

The track is located off of Muck Lane in Salhouse. So heading into Salhouse on Norwich Road, you would turn into Station Road, which then goes into Muck Lane without needing to turn off. The track is about 1 mile on the right, look for a gate between some tree's.
Also over the winter months we have been racing at Kellers Remote Car Club, which is based in Trowse at the community centre. It's indoors on astro turf so you won't get rained on or have muddy cars to sort out. I am pretty sure they race evey sunday afternoon from 5-10pm

As for your cars, they will perfectly fine to get you started and learning the ropes of racing to see whether you enjoy it or not. You do not need the best equipment to have a good days racing, and then you can progress onto more race orientated buggies as your abilities improve and funds allow.

Hope that helps and happy racing

Norfolk Buggy Club- Norfolk's 1/10th and 1/8th Premier Off Road Model Car Club in association with BRCA East of England 1/10 Off Road Regional Racing

JemmettFox- Accountants and Business Advisors

Click any of the above to head to the website!
Old 21-08-2009

thanks, what time do you start up?
Old 21-08-2009

We aim to arrive at 10'ish, your Manta ray will be perfect for racing as we are trying to encourage a 'Vintage' heat myself and a few others already have 'Old' cars, i personally have an old Optima (chain drive), remember those? Hope to see you soon.

HTH SimonW
Kyosho RB 6.7
MB MODELS www.rccarshop.co.uk
www.ghostrc.co.uk
Old 21-08-2009

not Sure I dare race it!!, just finished it today, new shell and stickers, will probably just come along to say "Hi" and see what happens.
Old 21-08-2009

By todays standards it's not racing, especially if you only have a silver can 540 like you used to get in the kit, it's more like a parade around for 5mins, lol. My car is kit standard, radio gear and all and 28 yrs old, any more than that would kill it. Some will have there race cars there too me included so you'll see what i mean. Imagine Jim Clarke in a 67' Lotus up against Micheal Schumacher in last years Ferrari. See you on the 30th.
Kyosho RB 6.7
MB MODELS www.rccarshop.co.uk
www.ghostrc.co.uk
Old 24-08-2009

Send a message via ICQ to Roaringbadger Send a message via MSN to Roaringbadger

hi guy's ...not looking good for me on sunday we now have a football friendly...it is that time again.... will you all be running vintage heats? sorry to be flakey yet again ...not enough time in the day

Scott