Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Durango

Old 16-04-2013

Default 210 +8mm aluminim chassis

Simple fit
Uses standard shell
Hard anodized
20 availabe pm for details
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (107.5 KB, 237 views)
Old 16-04-2013

Extension plate
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (102.6 KB, 167 views)
Old 17-04-2013

Hiya,

How does this compare, handle wise, compared to the other +8mm chassis styles? Only becuase all others extend the front, whereas your's extends the rear section aft aft batteries.

Also, would you be able to drill an extra 2 holes in it so that the rear battery stop could be moved further back (so as close to the gearbox as the standard length) on request?

Thanks in advance

If you don't ask, you'll never know!

Last edited by FrogPrince82; 17-04-2013 at 03:55 PM. Reason: Poor typing
Old 17-04-2013

What price would one of these be?
Old 17-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogPrince82 View Post
Hiya,

How does this compare, handle wise, compared to the other +8mm chassis styles? Only becuase all others extend the front, whereas your's extends the rear section aft aft batteries.

Also, would you be able to drill an extra 2 holes in it so that the rear battery stop could be moved further back (so as close to the gearbox as the standard length) on request?

Thanks in advance
I have a plastic chassis and the handling is the same.

the battery holders are in the same place all be it 8mm further apart. Allowing room play with cell location.

hope this makes sense.
Old 17-04-2013

Default I just bought one

After seeing James car in action I decided to buy one of these chassis. Solid - just how you need it. I bought this over the dimec because of the scare stories I've heard about broken Dimecs.

As soon as he got it made I bought the chassis - excellent.
Old 21-04-2013

10 left!
Old 21-04-2013

Send a message via MSN to Weetabix
Default Price?

How much are they then?

Cheers
Old 29-04-2013

£45.00
Old 02-05-2013

Can you run the DIMEC Body shells on this chassis??
Old 02-05-2013

Durango will be making a +8mm chassis soon
Old 02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom_1984 View Post
Can you run the DIMEC Body shells on this chassis??
the DIMEC chassis is bigger, so the shell will fit with a bit of a gap,

however the holes for mine are the same distance apart as the standard car.
Old 04-05-2013

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkclifford View Post
Simple fit
Uses standard shell
Hard anodized
20 availabe pm for details

Hi James,

I just wanted to post a quick "Thank you" on behalf of George Tollman and myself for rushing to get your new +8 mm chassis to George in time for the 2wd Regional event at Maritime last weekend after he ruined the standard Durango chassis by having several high speed crashes including running into a Marshall's chair at nearly full speed

George has not had a lot of drives with his Dex210 previously and having come from mostly driving a Dex410, I was bit worried about how he would get on at a Regional event especially with your new +8 chassis that he had fitted himself only a few days before and therefore we had no chance to try it out and with him only being a 'young un' ( in the U13's ) I did worry how he would get on.

Well, I have to say, he really liked how your +8 chassis made his car handle.
He tells me that in his first heat, he 'took it a bit easy' as he was getting used to it but he said that the combination of your chassis and the nose weight made his DEX 210 really stable to drive and suited his driving style in as much he felt a lot more in control than he had with a standard chassis as he felt he had a lot more rear grip and that he was going to 'push a bit' in the next couple of heats and see how it went.
To be honest, I was a little sceptical, (as not being a racer myself), I did wonder whether he was just getting caught up in the excitement of his first 2wd regional event.
I was just pleased that he avoided the Marshall's chairs this time as the car seemed a lot more planted

Well, I should not have doubted him, as he went out for round 2 'to push it a bit' and he ended up with the 5th fastest time in that round and you should have seen the grin that he had when he came off the rostrum - it went from ear to ear.
First thing he says to me as I walk over to get his car off the track - " Dad - I like this new chassis, she's quick' " ( not quite sure why or when his car became a female but hey ho ).
Anyway, I won't bore you with his next couple of rounds of qualifying but he finished up in the top 10 in the next couple of heats and so he qualified 9th into the 'A' final which is just so much better than I ( or he ) expected based on his previous couple of outings with his 210.

I was so proud of him getting into the 'A' final of a regional event that I didn't really care where he finished in the actual finals and indeed I did say to him to just have a clean race, let the faster cars past when being lapped and make sure he avoided the chairs ( which he took in good humour ).
Once again he surprised me in the finals, with finishing in 4th place in one of the legs ( be careful if you ask him about that leg as he will probably bore the pants off you with how he was third for ages right up until the last lap where he tangled with a back marker and 4th place nipped through with a nice overtake and George dropped to 4th ).
Well, if I thought he was grinning after the heats, I hadn't seen anything yet, as I think he practically floated off the rostrum after that finals leg as he was on "cloud 9" .
Obviously we had a chat about it as he was almost talking 'non stop' for a few minutes with excitement and there were several things that felt had worked for him - obviously Ed Kerry's advice about set ups in general and lending George a set of tyres that had been 'run in' had all helped but also he felt that the car was definitely faster with the +8 mm chassis and your tips about fitting the nose weight and running the shocks at the rear of the car had really worked for him.

So after that result in the second leg, he ended up finishing 7th overall in his first ever 2wd Regional event ( having qualified in 9th place ) .

As you can probably tell, he had an absolutely great day's racing and part of that was down to your efforts to get him his new chassis in time as well as the performance of his car with your chassis and nose weight.

So from George, a big 'Thank you' for that and from me ( as chief financier of my sons racing ) a thank you not only for all the help that you gave George, but also for developing a chassis which fitted his existing body so that I did not have to buy a new body shell

Andy Tollman ( aka 'Georges Dad' , part time mechanic, full time taxi and Chief Financier )
Old 10-05-2013

Thank you george / Andy, my pleasure mate glad you are pleased with it and finding the chacteristics i intended.

Look forward to racing you soon.
Old 10-07-2013

TQ all 3 qualifiers and the overall win at maritime raceway!!

well done Ben Wood!!
Old 23-07-2013

second batch coming soon....
Old 24-07-2013

I can report back that the chassis really is working well. Since adding this to my DEX210 the car has simply improved by a good half a lap, it is definately alot more confident under power and just seems to carry speed out the corner better.

Last night I TQ'd Maritime infront of Ben Woods (also using the CRC chassis) by 5 seconds. The car just felt so dialled. The track is a mix of Carpet, Astro, painted wood and wood flooring. I am looking forward now to run this at the next BRCA Regional at Barham in a few weeks time.

Excellent !

Currently utilising (abusing) Durango DEX210 / KO Propo Espritt III / Tekin / LRP / SpeedPassion / Savox