Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Titchfield Off Road Club Hants

Old 25-04-2013

Default PARKING AND PITTING FOR REGIONAL

parking and pitting this sunday for the regional dew to large numbers for racing this sunday cars will need to park in the car park at the bottom of the track so the large astro area in frount of the track will be for you to pit on so when you arive if you can unload your kit then park at the bottom if your pitting out of your car then just go straight to the car park once the car park is full someone from the commitee will tell you where to park.

there is also a pitting area along side the car park as well

there is a 5mph speed limt on site as soon as you turn off the main road there is no parking in frount of the green compound and in frount of the containers please

me and dan will be on site early to sort the parking out so if you do turn up at the crack of dawn please be quite comeing down the track as there is houses ether side of the track thanks martin
Old 26-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin so16 View Post
parking and pitting this sunday for the regional dew to large numbers for racing this sunday cars will need to park in the car park at the bottom of the track so the large astro area in frount of the track will be for you to pit on so when you arive if you can unload your kit then park at the bottom if your pitting out of your car then just go straight to the car park once the car park is full someone from the commitee will tell you where to park.

there is also a pitting area along side the car park as well

there is a 5mph speed limt on site as soon as you turn off the main road there is no parking in frount of the green compound and in frount of the containers please

me and dan will be on site early to sort the parking out so if you do turn up at the crack of dawn please be quite comeing down the track as there is houses ether side of the track thanks martin
I pit from the back of my car. Is there provision for this?
Old 26-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve.T View Post
I pit from the back of my car. Is there provision for this?
Hi Steve

You will be able to pit out of your car in a few locations will sort on day

Ta
Old 26-04-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Minor complication for me, I'll have my dog with me (too long a day to leave him home alone).

He's a lovely friendly dog (so long as your not a cat of any description of course), a bit of a comedian, BUT he will need to be tied up as he misses me (who wouldn't).

The only thing that is likely to hold him is either the towbar of my car or a post well concreted into the ground (he's ripped posts out that haven't been well secured before .... very strong even after his diet reduced him to sub 30KGs)

What are the options for dealing with this?
Old 26-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerM View Post
Minor complication for me, I'll have my dog with me (too long a day to leave him home alone).

He's a lovely friendly dog (so long as your not a cat of any description of course), a bit of a comedian, BUT he will need to be tied up as he misses me (who wouldn't).

The only thing that is likely to hold him is either the towbar of my car or a post well concreted into the ground (he's ripped posts out that haven't been well secured before .... very strong even after his diet reduced him to sub 30KGs)

What are the options for dealing with this?
Hi Roger

No worries with dog, just bear in mind, the farmer has a dog, quite protective of the whole farm lol, anyway if you keep him tied up so that he can't wonder, he will be fine, other racersdo the same, ideally tied to the time bar, but we have new fence posts on the bank size which he won't be able to move lol

Thanks Steve
Old 26-04-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Sorry Steve, I wasn't clear. I should have put that he will need to be tied up the whole day really as he is what you might describe as "irritatingly inquisitive" if left to his own devices .... I'm sure that he'd be able to eat faster than your food supplier could cook ;-)

Do we need to request a suitable pit spot (will be in Adam's 2 man pop-a-bivvy type tent)?
For the rest of the venues I hope be able to pit from next to the car so Stripe can have a nice comfy nap safe in the knowledge that everytime he opens his eyes he can see his handsome master ;-)
Old 26-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerM View Post
Sorry Steve, I wasn't clear. I should have put that he will need to be tied up the whole day really as he is what you might describe as "irritatingly inquisitive" if left to his own devices .... I'm sure that he'd be able to eat faster than your food supplier could cook ;-)

Do we need to request a suitable pit spot (will be in Adam's 2 man pop-a-bivvy type tent)?
For the rest of the venues I hope be able to pit from next to the car so Stripe can have a nice comfy nap safe in the knowledge that everytime he opens his eyes he can see his handsome master ;-)
hello roger if you get to the club nice and early then you can pit buy the car park and put up your bivvy type tent on the section of astro that is right beside the carpark i will be onsite from 6 am pitting by the car park does fill up fast so the earlyer you are best chance you get to pick your spot cheers martin
Old 27-04-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Thanks Martin, it's a 2 hour drive for us so likely to be one of the later arrivals I guess but I'll see what I can do to be earlier.

No chance you could bring that mini in your profile pic out is there? My 2nd passion after rc
Old 27-04-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Thanks Martin, it's a 2 hour drive for us so likely to be one of the later arrivals I guess but I'll see what I can do to be earlier.

No chance you could bring that mini in your profile pic out is there? My 2nd passion after rc
Old 27-04-2013
oOple Advertiser

I thought gates "opened" at 7am? Now we have people saying they will be on site from 6am.....

Guys I admire your enthusiasm down there at TORCH, I really do, but you have to remember that being on the extreme southern most point of our region that some drivers have a 2-3 hour drive to get to you from the northern parts of our (very large) region and I honestly think some allowance needs to be made for this. Some people will be setting off at 4 to 5am simply to be there for 7am (and by the looks of things one of the "last" to arrive) and having anyone drive home later in the day that tired is not a good thing in my opinion...

Can we not stick to the 7am gates open for "everyone" as advertised.

We dont get to a track this early for a "national" with 120 drivers.....
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636
Old 27-04-2013

Angry

All
To confirm anyone wishing to pit out of their cars will be allocated space in the hard standing area next to the west side of the track, this will be co-ordinated by Daniel and Martin on the day, anyone else who is pitting without the need of their vehicle they will be requires to park there cars in the east field from the track, this will also be co-ordinated.

Reference any arriving before 7am this will be in unhelpful to the committee as preparation will need to be done before 7.

So please do not arrive before 7am......

Thanks Steve
Old 27-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren Boyle View Post
I thought gates "opened" at 7am? Now we have people saying they will be on site from 6am.....

Guys I admire your enthusiasm down there at TORCH, I really do, but you have to remember that being on the extreme southern most point of our region that some drivers have a 2-3 hour drive to get to you from the northern parts of our (very large) region and I honestly think some allowance needs to be made for this. Some people will be setting off at 4 to 5am simply to be there for 7am (and by the looks of things one of the "last" to arrive) and having anyone drive home later in the day that tired is not a good thing in my opinion...

Can we not stick to the 7am gates open for "everyone" as advertised.

We dont get to a track this early for a "national" with 120 drivers.....
my mistake was just trying to be helpfull
Old 27-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin so16 View Post
my mistake was just trying to be helpfull

Forget it pal, lets enjoy the spectacle you chaps are bound to put on! I for one can't wait! Your efforts are very much appreciated!