Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > A1 Racing Club

Old 22-08-2011
Mad Member

Default Outdoor Racing/winter series

Hi chaps,

I am pleased to announce we now have floodlights fitted above 1/10th offroad track and they work a treat, which means we can carry on outdoors on Tuesday evenings until late September (weather permitting as always!)

We aim to start our winter indoor Tuesday club nights on the first Tuesday in October.

Winter Sunday series dates will be announced as soon as the other regional clubs have released dates so we can avoid meeting clashes where possible.

Also planning a big SCT indoor meeting early 2012 (Carnage 2.5) when dates can be sorted.

We have sorted a much larger hall for this years indoor electric racing and the track will be permanent with a few layout tweaks during the season to keep it fresh

Watch this space, Sunday meeting dates will be released asap and its going to be a cracking indoor track this year

Mark.
Old 22-08-2011

Nice one mush .

Jolly Goodz.
WBMCC.
Team Autocare and Cycles.
Old 22-08-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Nice one Mark.

Schumacher Cat Xls, Rc10 Team(retired), Mardave Cobra, SST 98 Rally Car, TT02 Rally car, Wpl-c24 and Element Enduro builders kit #71 #deaddogracing

Autocare, unit 5 candleby Court, Cotgrave NG123RT.
Old 31-08-2011
Mad Member

Winter Club Night announcement:

We will be running a 'Shed' class...

Basically anything old and a shed that will go around our purpose built indoor offroad track...

So think Tamiya stuff really... Grasshoppers, Hornets, Midnight Pumpkins, Manta Rays etc etc, the sort of thing that can be found in the loft or on ebay for 20 quid!

Bit of a laugh and some novelty racing... not really for vintage competition buggys, just the sort of cars we first had as kids.... sure it will end up serious and Losi XX's and B2's will become the order!

Class rules... only two:

* car must be an old shed!

* car must be powered by a Mardave G2 540 silvercan motor... can be bought for £7/8 and are stamped so ideal for a stock type class

A good excuse to use old brushed speedos etc and a bit of fun... SCT's are a proper class for us so we need something else to laugh at!
Old 02-10-2011

Hi,

I was just wondering what the latest details are regarding your racing tuesday nights? Are you racing indoors yet or are you still outdoors?

If outdoors, I see the track is floodlit but how do you go on for pitting? Is it out of the car boot style? If so, is this also a lit area or is a torch needed to rummage around in the pitbox?

What time do you start / finish racing? I live about 90 minutes drive from you and will be working Wednesday so I wouldnt really want to be home any later than 11ish.

Any info will be much appreciated!
Old 04-10-2011

Hi mate,there is no racing atm indoors or outdoors as we as preparing to go indoors.I will try and find out when we are going indoors but there is no racing tonight.Cheers Ryan