Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Ribble Valley R/C Car Club

Old 26-08-2012

Smile Set up help

Hi guys.

Recognising you might not want to help a potential competitor, but as the club motto is racing for fun. I was wondering if anyone had any set up advice.

Car is a TA B44

What suspension settings do you run. Feel like I need to stiffen up my settings. What shock oil do you run? Got silver springs with 40wt in the front 35 in the rear.

Also I have very little rear grip, unless with new new rear mini pins. Not sure what to do about it other than buy new tyres, but they don't look that worn. Running about zero to 1 degree camber.

Finally, think i am getting interference. Thought it was over heating, but seems quite random. Could it be my wiring? I bought the car second hand with speedo and motor already wired.

Thanks in advance.

Andy

PS: we are really enjoying being part of a great club
Old 28-08-2012

Hi Andy,

Just a couple of things to suggest really.

From personal experience at Ribble I'd perhaps say go up 5wt in both front and rear shocks. This won't really give you loads more traction but I guess that depends what so of problems you're having. It'd certainly keep the car flatter entering corners, increasing traction by keeping the weight balanced for longer.

Set up is split into 3 main characters.
1 - Corner entry. 2 - Mid corner. 3 - Exiting the corner.
You may have to be more specific on what you wish the car to do and perhaps study it slightly more on a race night to figure it out.

If you ever need a hand please don't be afraid to come over and ask for any advice, I know I don't have a B44 but still might be able to help.

As for car wiring, post a picture of what it's like and we can go from there
Old 28-08-2012

Andy, if you look in the Team Associated section on the website there is a thread for set ups.
Old 30-08-2012

Default pic added

pic added
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1788.jpg (418.5 KB, 13 views)
Old 31-08-2012

Hi Andy I run T A s I run 40 front blue kyosho springs 35 back with green ae springs I will have my car with me tonight as I am letting my son run it. one of the main things you need to do at ribble is keep the car ride height pretty low the track pretty much runs more like a touring car track than a buggy track so think along them lines. I got A 1st with my b44.1 a few weeks ago but I prefer running my c4.1 just because its a bit more of a challenge to get a 2wd near the top of the A. unfortantly my diff went on it in the final last week so I will be running durango tonight come over and see me if you want me to have a look at your car cheers Martin
Old 01-09-2012

Hi Tisher/Martin

Thanks for the advice and the help tonight.

Finally put the face and name together, couldn't find anyone with rthe surname tisher or who had a tash, so kept me guessing for a bit!

i guess there is an explanation for the bronson connection?