Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Yokomo

Old 22-01-2014

Yep. Team Drivers are (of course they do) using the one-piece Alu chassis. It should be a little bit better on high grip surfaces.
Old 22-01-2014
Mad Member

90 euros... I had intended adding the Worlds and the graphite chassis to my evergrowing collection of B-Max2 chassis (currently two plastic versions in the box plus my as yet unused std aluminum chassis on the car), but 90 euros... We will see.
Old 22-01-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Well I have done my 2nd wheel axel within a couple of weeks.
It broke off at the last thread. Anyone else have these issues?

"Babe thats NOT the price its the serial number!!"
Old 22-01-2014
Mad Member

Apart from idlers early on I haven't broken a thing on my B-max2
Reedy

My feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63097

Last edited by discothesnake; 22-01-2014 at 07:31 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 22-01-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Snapped a ball end, and pulled a turnbuckle out of another when running some long rear links. Not broken anything else on mine. it is a solid car.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 22-01-2014

I have snapped the plastic chassis, destroyed ball diff, broke front c hub and broke a shock top. That is in a year of racing indoors on carpet with relatively small track running a 6.5 orca.
Not bad really, car is solid, especially as I now have alloy chassis and shock caps and geared diff.

2nd is 1st placed loser!!

Old 23-01-2014

How much droop limiters are you guys running on astro? I had my first day with my bmax 2 today. At first the car was dancing around like a boat in the fast corners. I put a 2mm spacer in the front shocks and it was much better. But I don't see many setups with droop limiters in the shocks. I wanted to try some spacers in the rear but had no more time.

This car so much grip though! My Rango on this track started losing grip quite fast when the tires got worn. It's astro but lots of 1/8th guys run there so the astro is pretty worn and not that high-grip. The bmax had fantastic grip even on fairly worn tires.
Old 23-01-2014
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunthar Guntharsėn View Post
How much droop limiters are you guys running on astro? I had my first day with my bmax 2 today. At first the car was dancing around like a boat in the fast corners.
Sounds like it could be worth trying thicker shock oil? Also, what diff+diff setting are you using? Then lastly, do you have a servo saver (with a loose setting)? I found that a loose servo saver tends to make the steering inconsistent (turning on and off), which puts an imbalance in the car.

Perhaps also check if the shocks have the proper amount of rebound? I heard the Yokomo shocks tend to suck up air/pressureize, causing rebound values to be too high. There's a topic of this elsewhere in the Yokomo section:

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142824

As for limiters, I don't run the Yokomo, but I'd say that if few of the available online setups use limiters, you probably don't need them to get the car to feel balanced. Droop does a lot to the setup, but reducing it makes it less forgiving over bumps and jumps and reduces overall grip - if you can solve the handling issues without touching the droop it's probably for the better...

3D Printing Upgrade Parts - FF210 Buggy
Old 24-01-2014

Hey all just to let you know the hudy one fits great,
Doesn't need any grinding/ mods to the car to fit and gives a great amount of steering lock!
Is a little bit expensive but to do the job right I'm happy!

Hudy v2 servo horn
25t part number 293493
Old 24-01-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by boy_lard100 View Post
Hey all just to let you know the hudy one fits great,
Doesn't need any grinding/ mods to the car to fit and gives a great amount of steering lock!
Is a little bit expensive but to do the job right I'm happy!

Hudy v2 servo horn
25t part number 293493
Cool thanks.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 27-01-2014

anyone know when the one piece aluminium chassis with kick up will be available

Nemo Racing
Yokomo Yz-2.
Yokomo Yx-4sf
Sanwa

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=158845
Old 27-01-2014

They will arrive in Europe on Friday. But as i've heard shops will be supplied on Monday/Tuesday next week.
Old 28-01-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyaflake View Post
They will arrive in Europe on Friday. But as i've heard shops will be supplied on Monday/Tuesday next week.
Cheers, I'll wait to get one of those instead of the standard ali chassis.

Has anyone fitted a AE slipper as mine has, bought car 2nd hand, not knowing that the slipper was none standard. anyone done this..?? what are the advantages if any..??

Nemo Racing
Yokomo Yz-2.
Yokomo Yx-4sf
Sanwa

Old 28-01-2014
Mad Member

Is it a VTS slipper? I equipped my Max with the Triad because I was not too fond of the standard unit's adjustability. First test will have to wait about two weeks, though, but I loved the Triad in the SC10.
Old 28-01-2014

I've fitted the triad to mine too. Not had the chance to run it yet. I did have a couple of issues. Following the exact instructions on the petite website did not work for me. The shaft was not long enough to fit the end washer and nut. I did not pay close attention to the fact that the instructions were for the original bmax2 not the mr. So I took it apart and addrd more washers to the other end of the shaft that fits to the bearing so you have 1.00 mm. I then replaced the avid bearing spacer ( the first piece you put on during slipper assembly) with a lower profile spacer from the b44 slipper. Part number as9726 I was then able to assemble without any problems.
Old 28-01-2014

That's the thing I don't know exactly how it's been done, it looks like a VTS, I suppose the only way is to take it apart, I do know that it has a spacer on the gearbox cover so the spur and slipper assembly doesn't rub. Will have to take it apart to see what's going on.

Nemo Racing
Yokomo Yz-2.
Yokomo Yx-4sf
Sanwa

Old 05-02-2014

Default Chassis

Is it worth the extra cash for the new aluminium chassis with kickup £85 as apposed the flat aluminium £43..

Nemo Racing
Yokomo Yz-2.
Yokomo Yx-4sf
Sanwa

Old 05-02-2014
Mad Member

Big question... Five out of nine meetings I plan to attend this season will be held on carpet/astroturf, the other four on dirt. If I can spare the money at any point this year, I'll probably get the one-piece chassis as I think it will be an improvement. However, I don't know if it is really worth 90 euros with so many other items on my to-buy list...
Update on the RDRP RB6 servo mounts: They don't fit in the aluminum chassis with the BLS-451 as they push the servo slightly more forward than the AE mounts. I took some spare SC10 FT servo mounts, which work perfectly with the above servo, but have imperial threads...
Old 05-02-2014

For me it's not worth the money.

As I currently have 3 options: plastic (low grip), carbon (medium/high) and alu 2 piece chassis (medium/high). I do like the looks of it though, but in my opinion it's not worth the 90euro.

A friend of me is going to build his worlds this Saturday and I'm looking forward to the end result. I'll be sitting next to him, to solder his electronics.
Old 06-02-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyaflake View Post
A friend of me is going to build his worlds this Saturday and I'm looking forward to the end result. I'll be sitting next to him, to solder his electronics.
That's right!