Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Gloucester Electric Racing Car Club

Old 10-10-2012

Default Motor help

Hi there I popped down a few weeks ago, I have been spending money getting myself sorted to race again, firstly what I've baught, tc4 car, hobbywing 45a brushless esc, lipos, charger, programmer, servo, using my old transmitter, just need a motor now, what is everyone using? The limit(my speedo)for 2c lipos racing tc is 8.5 so I was thinking a 9.5!? Also the lipos I have baught weren't what I thawt, they are 2200 2s soft cells. A lot smaller than I thawt, think I saw a guy using them in his v12 the other week, but he was using a homemade holder( was this because they were soft cells) maby need to swap them for normal hard cased cells, have seen some 5500 2s 35c on eBay from china for £15 inc postage I know this is cheep but got to be worth a go????!!!! Any setup advise for an old tc4 would be great too, thanks andy
Old 11-10-2012

Firstly the motor. Most touring cars are running either a 10.5 or 13.5t motor. I'd suggest the 13.5 - plenty of power but not the agressiveness of the 10.5.

Motor choice could be restricted to that hobbywing esc you have. Is it the xerun or ezrun?

Batteries I'm guessing you've bought some from giant shark ( the nice orange ones I use in my mardave). Giant shark do some excellent 2s lipos for touring cars. I'd recommend these http://www.giantshark.co.uk/gens-500...-p-406696.html

Chris
Old 11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieL View Post
Firstly the motor. Most touring cars are running either a 10.5 or 13.5t motor. I'd suggest the 13.5 - plenty of power but not the agressiveness of the 10.5.

Motor choice could be restricted to that hobbywing esc you have. Is it the xerun or ezrun?

Batteries I'm guessing you've bought some from giant shark ( the nice orange ones I use in my mardave). Giant shark do some excellent 2s lipos for touring cars. I'd recommend these http://www.giantshark.co.uk/gens-500...-p-406696.html

Chris
I have just got a 13.5 on order, second hand but it will get me going, says in the esc spec it will run upto 8.5. So the 13.5 should be okay, I hope! My esc is a justock xerun. How much did you pay for your soft cells? Will they not be okay in the tc? Thanks Chris for your reply, andy
Old 12-10-2012

The just stock speed is fine it's not got all the clever motor timing but will be a good starting point. And them small lipos not reali the right thing for touring you need some of the sort of thing Chris above suggested. With setup advice ill help but it be easier in person with the car
Old 13-10-2012

Okay I'll have to think about getting some new lipos, maby sell the ones I've baught (so if you know anyone who needs some) or keep them for if I ever want to get my v12 out again, thanks for your help guys and will see you soon!