Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > WORM - Weston-Super-Mare

Old 26-06-2013

Default 4wd regional table

As its the last round of 4wd regional this weekend I have managed to get the table to see where you all are !
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 26-06-2013 11;49;50.JPG (227.3 KB, 63 views)
Old 26-06-2013
Mad Member

Urrrr...could someone explain how this has been scored?

Doesn't make much sense to me...and doesn't match the scoring method I've seen used in the other regions?

Cheers
Racing in South West: http://www.mendiprcraceway.co.uk/
Racing in Wales: www.caldicotrcracers.co.uk
Kept running by: Yokomo via MB Models & www.tracksidespares.co.uk
Shells by Square Crabs
Old 26-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pinky View Post
Urrrr...could someone explain how this has been scored?

Doesn't make much sense to me...and doesn't match the scoring method I've seen used in the other regions?

Cheers
Yeah I swear I beat Paul both times
-Schumacher Cat K1
Old 26-06-2013

I agree with Andy's comments, not that I have raced in another region for years but the rules are very clear (see below for copy a of the scoring section from the BRCA website) ) Rule 18.2 says the points will be awarded on finishing positions in all finals, the winner of the event scoring 130, second scoring 129 etc. TQ will gain a further 1 point. The sub text under rule 18 says any BRCA sanctioned event will use this scoring method.

I may not be a guru on the English language but the definition of the word will in this context means this is the way it must be done to meet the requirements of a BRCA sanctioned event. It seems very straight forward to me.
I know we are all doing this for a bit of fun on a Sunday but surely it is only fair that the points are awarded correctly, some drivers may be planning a season in the national championships next year and not applying the scoring system correctly according to the rules may be the difference for some drivers gaining F2 or F3 grades.

This is not a moan, but I can see no reason for not applying the rules according to the BRCA.

18. SCORING
BRCA Sanctioned Championships will use the following method of scoring.
18.1 Only BRCA members are allowed to score points in Sanctioned Championships.
18.2 Points will be awarded on finishing positions in finals. The winner of the A Final will receive 130 points, second 129 points and so on down to 130th place and beyond who will receive 1 point. At National and Regional Sanctioned events the driver who achieves TQ will be awarded one extra point to be added to his/her points for that meeting.
18.3 The A Final will consist of three individual ‘legs’, with points from the best two of three legs to count towards the result. The winner of any leg of an ‘A’ Final scores 1 point, continuing down to tenth who shall
score 10 points. (No result in any leg gives 10 points). The ‘A’ finalist with the lowest number of points will be the winner of the event. In the case of a tie, then this will be decided by reference only to the two leg scores that counted. Firstly, by comparing the best single points scores, and then if still a tie the laps and times of each competitor’s best points score will decide.

Old 27-06-2013
oOple Advertiser

To be fair to Martin he only posted the results and didn't actually work them out. I have let him know and it will be looked into
Old 27-06-2013

Send a message via MSN to ryan

I think there is also another vital part in the ruling below:

18.3 The A Final will consist of three individual ‘legs’, with points from the best two of three legs to count towards the result.

If we are only going to be taking the result from final position, the finals need to have three individual legs for it to be fair.

If you have a good qualifying result, then break your car in the final. Your going to go away with rubbish points, if there are 3 legs, your going to have a much fairer set of results. (If you break you car 3 times its your own fault )

If we go by the rules for the points, we need to go by the rules on the finals!

Not a dig at the guys organising it, just something we will need to iron out for next year?
Old 27-06-2013
oOple Advertiser

I think that the points have been worked out the same as they have been for the last couple of years which nobody has been bothered about. This year it was made clear that we would be running to BRCA rules which means the points system needed to be updated, it hasn't been.

Martin is currently trying to get clarification on this from both Jackie Rowcliffe and Paul Worsley as the consequences of this being wrong could mean the two rounds so far are void and we would have to run them again (if we stick rigidly to the BRCA rules).
Old 27-06-2013
Mad Member

Surely a bit of common sense and logic should apply here...

As much as I like the idea of 3 leg finals, we don't/haven't had the turnout to make 3 leg finals work! Unless we did 3 leg finals for all, and then meetings would go on for longer/need to start earlier...which we haven't done so far.

I do think we should adopt the BRCA scoring from finals results (partly selfishly as I reckon it'd improve my scores lol!), but common sense would say leave the 3 leg finals bit for now. If we ever get to enough entries to get charging time in between legs then maybe we can look at adding that in, but right now, we're a way short of that.

No need to go doing anything drastic like voiding results...it's only toy cars But making the scoring system match the BRCA rules is easy to do, so why not IF that's what everyone wants?
Racing in South West: http://www.mendiprcraceway.co.uk/
Racing in Wales: www.caldicotrcracers.co.uk
Kept running by: Yokomo via MB Models & www.tracksidespares.co.uk
Shells by Square Crabs
Old 27-06-2013

I have had some clarification from P Worsley on the matter this was the reply

The scoring rule allows for Regional variations.

You can score on Qualifying and Finals as you describe. The Mid West Region has always done it this way.
Or, you can score on Finals only, in which case TQ gets an additional point.

So for this year we will stick with what we have done and can look at changes for next year!

So the original table stands!

Martin
Old 27-06-2013

Send a message via MSN to ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowen208fly View Post
I have had some clarification from P Worsley on the matter this was the reply

The scoring rule allows for Regional variations.

You can score on Qualifying and Finals as you describe. The Mid West Region has always done it this way.
Or, you can score on Finals only, in which case TQ gets an additional point.

So for this year we will stick with what we have done and can look at changes for next year!

So the original table stands!

Martin
Makes sense!

I think the only way to take points from final position only is via 3 leg A Finals.