Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 12th & 10th On Road

Old 22-01-2015
Mad Member

Default SkyRc corner weight system - waste of time for a GT12?

Looking at the skyrc corner weight systems and but have confused myself a bit with the benefit it will give me on a GT12 car (Schumacher GT).

Slowone has mentioned on here about the tripod effect on the back of a GT12 car and that the weight of the car will by default equalise itself over the 2 rear tyres and the centre pivot - apologises if I am misquoting you here, Slowone.

So if the back is balanced then I just need to sort the front which I do using the "coin method" and adjust the rear springs to suit?

Am I wasting £80 if I buy a corner weight system or am I confusing myself? Looks pretty cool though

I have posted this on another forum but not sure how active that one is. No need to reply on both if you have any knowledge about this.

Rob
Yokomo YZ4 SF2
Old 22-01-2015

Hi Rob

The SKYRC system is nice but there are cheaper ways of doing the same thing. 4x identical scales from ebay that are less than a £4 each delivered....
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2613478217...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

i grabbed this picture off of google so you get the idea.... Many people do this..

Old 22-01-2015
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Butcher View Post
Hi Rob

The SKYRC system is nice but there are cheaper ways of doing the same thing. 4x identical scales from ebay that are less than a £4 each delivered....
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2613478217...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

i grabbed this picture off of google so you get the idea.... Many people do this..

Rob try mine a week tomorrow then make your mind up first hand?
KoPropo EX10
Kyosho MP9 , OS Speed
Paint by Magoo
Old 22-01-2015
Mad Member

As mentioned above, I have the sky system, but honestly the 4 identical scales I had were just about as good. I hardly use them, just check every now and then, or when rebuilding a car.
Old 22-01-2015
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

I have the sky system, use it a fair amount mainly on rebuilding, had 4 x scales but they were no where near as easy to use
Old 11-12-2015

Quick question on using a corner weight system, do you expect to see different results each time the car is placed on the scales or the suspension is compressed and released? If you do, is this because the suspension doesn't return to exactly the same place each time, thereby shifting the weight around the corners dependent on how the car is leaning?

As an example, I see a variance of anything up to 10 grams between left and right fronts each time the car is moved and replaced, or pushing on the suspension, and sometimes it can be within 1 gram. Of course the ideal is a zero difference every single time but assuming this isn't actually possible due to the imperfections in the suspension, what would you say is an acceptable variance?

In the real world, would a 5 gram difference between left and right fronts create a very noticeable handling difference in the car, considering it's such a small percentage of the total weight on the front wheels (380g in my case)?

Hope I'm making sense
Old 11-12-2015
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

mine are allways near enough the same, one tip is to disconect the damper tubes, and try with then without. allways try and use the same procedure to mount the car, I drew centre lines on my scales so I knew where the wheels needed to be exactly, every time

Mark