Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 12th & 10th On Road

Old 09-09-2015

Default 12th servo help

guys, looking for a decent servo for a 12th pan car (not gt12), anyone have any suggestions? or even better one they would like to part with?
Old 09-09-2015

It depends on your budget, but would recommend looking at speed over torque on a 1/12 servo.
I currently use a savox sh-1357 in my 1/12 car and highly recommend it. It's super quick but is a bit expensive at about £40. I used to use a hitec hs-225mg (now my spare), it's a good servo just not quite as quick but is half the price.
Old 09-09-2015
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

core 12th servo or the futaba s9650
Old 16-09-2015
Mad Member

The key to a 12th servo is that it is reliable and it centres well. That usually rules out anything other than the Futaba or Sanwa servos. The Core seems good (I used one in a GT12) but its spindle position means it won't fit the majority of 12th chassis'.

Futaba is by far the best choice. S9650 or its latest replacement the 9760 (I think). Hitecs suffer from centring problems in the medium term and Savox are too power-hungry for a 12th installation using 1S - it will rob you of power at best, and cause shutdowns at worst.

People will disagree with this, but as any review of servos in a 12th meeting will tell you, Futaba and Sanwa are there by the scores; the others not so much to not at all! HTH
Old 17-09-2015

Default 1/12 servo's galore!

The Futaba S9650 is the time honoured choice along with the Sanwa HR141 and its digital version.

I have also used the Futaba BLS651 digital brushless version of the S9650 with more torque but a new Futaba is now available, the S9670SV!

The Core is a good low cost little servo but needs quite a bit more space than the Futaba or Sanwa, there is also the KO RSx12 of course, so the choice is yours.

Sorry if this is repeating what others have said, I just wanted to expand the choice a little to help your quest!
Old 17-09-2015
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

KO is Euro champ? So must work ok
Old 17-09-2015
Mad Member

Just because one works doesn't make it a choice! Maybe they are better now, but the definition of a non-centring servo used to be the mini-KO. I had three (bought one; had it replaced twice) back in the day and it was the worst servo I ever had.

Seems strange really, because their 10th-size ones were my servo of choice in Off-Road and TC and still work really well in a couple of cars I've built and given to friends. That's what made me choose the little KO. I have been on Futaba ever since and my oldest one is now 20+ years old and still works just fine.

The Futaba servos for 12th are fit and forget for as many years as you like racing 12th cars! I only changed to digital ones (9650) from the analogue ones (9602) because my radio needed it! Anyone want a 9602 cheap for their 40Mhz radio?!!
Old 17-09-2015

I can remember the days when some Sanwa servos were not too good as well and were all using Futaba FP15's (I think that was the number) in our 1/12 cars, haven't things moved on when you see the choice we have now!

To be fair to all manufacturers though we have seen very good, good and not so good in all of them, the real issue is the installation and ensuring the servo is not being stalled against hard stops and everything moves freely.
Old 18-09-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowOne View Post
(snip)
The Futaba servos for 12th are fit and forget for as many years as you like racing 12th cars! I only changed to digital ones (9650) from the analogue ones (9602) because my radio needed it! Anyone want a 9602 cheap for their 40Mhz radio?!!
Pete - my Sanwa Exzes X seems quite happy to drive my everlasting 9602s, which continue to give great service. I did just pick up some metal gear sets for the 9650 on ebay - (9602 had metal gears fitted out of the box)