Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Durango

Old 03-04-2010

Default Droop Restrictor

Sorry if i'm being thick, but i'm new to this, but i would like to add 2mm of droop in the front shocks. How do i do this? Cheers
Old 07-04-2010

Send a message via MSN to Nick Send a message via Skype™ to Nick

You just add a 2mm spacer on to the shock shaft before sliding it into the shock body.
Old 07-04-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
You just add a 2mm spacer on to the shock shaft before sliding it into the shock body.
That removes droop. The question asked is how to ADD 2mm of droop. The only way I can see is to get longer shock rod ends. You can unscrew the current ones but then you run the risk of there not being enough shock shaft in the rod end and it getting pulled off.
Schumacher KC, KD, CAT XLS, CAT L1 | Team C TM2 V2, TM4, TC02 | JQ The Car | Mugen MBX6 | Losi 8T,8BE 1.5 | Durango DEX-410V4 | FTX Blaze | XRAY M18T | Kyosho STR,Surf Dude,Nexus 30 | Nimrif Makara | MFA Spear | She Devil | T-Rex 450SEV2,250SE | Ark X-400 | Protech Butterfly,Zoom 400 | Ikarus Piccolo | VW T4 | Smart 450 | KC-250 | BoltRC Kraken 5" | Emax Nighthawk 250 | Gravity 250 | S550 | Prusa i3 | TronXY X5A | Must stop collecting stuff!
Old 07-04-2010

Send a message via MSN to Nick Send a message via Skype™ to Nick

yeah sorry did not read it right! i think you might have problems with drive shafts coming out if you do this though!
Old 07-04-2010

Yeh you cannot increase the front droop as standard. The only way to do this is by undoing the ball cup a few turns as mentioned previously.

Not sure why you would want any more droop at the front as theres plenty anyway? Here in the UK we actually reduce the front by 2 or 3mm, which keeps the front more stable and easier to drive.

Craig Collinson
Old 07-04-2010

How does it make the car easier to drive? Would you put the droop in for both indoor and outdoor?
Old 07-04-2010

It just stops the front end lifting so much under power then hitting the ground under hard breaking, which can give you an inconsistent feel to the car.

Restricting front droop also reduces on power steering making the car want to straighten up under power, again making it easier to drive. (A car with slight understeer is easier to drive than a car with oversteer).

Outdoors you maybe want a little more droop than indoors, but this all depends on how bumpy the track is. The car with no limiters in the front shocks has more than enough travel for any outdoor track in my opinion.

Craig Collinson
Old 07-04-2010

So if you add 2mm or not isn't really based on which springs/oil then (at the moment for me stock springs and 30 oil) or even if you have the roll bar in or not?
Old 07-04-2010

Springs/oils and roll bars all effect how much oversteer/understeer your car will have as does the amount of droop. You need to get a balance between all if possible.

Its a case of trial an error, i would leave your settings as they are and try a 2mm spacer in your front shocks. You can see for yourself what effect this has, then work from there.

Hope this helps.
Old 07-04-2010

Crackin
Old 08-04-2010

Thanks to everyone for their input on this, i tried taking 2mm of droop off last night and it made a huge difference to the handling of my car ,especially coming out of corners on power, it was far more stable and predictable Once again thanks.
Old 27-02-2011
Spends too long on oOple ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by contrast View Post
Thanks to everyone for their input on this, i tried taking 2mm of droop off last night and it made a huge difference to the handling of my car ,especially coming out of corners on power, it was far more stable and predictable Once again thanks.
I think I'm going to try this too as my durango is a bit of a monster coming out of the conners, handles v well otherwise and turns in nicely.

As craig stays oversteer understeer