Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > NEAM Seaham Sunderland

Old 08-12-2008
Mad Member

Default Racing Tuesday...

Who's racing tues night then....? Hopefully al have the tamiya fixed otherwise is rear wheeling for me...
Old 08-12-2008
Mad Member

Count me there, think chris p is on holiday!
Old 08-12-2008

I might be making my first appearance if I can get my b4 wired up tonight. Need to glue the tyres solder new wires into the gtb. Paint the shell but that's not a must ! Even if it's not race ready I was hoping to get it on the track just to try it out. Not sure if this will be ok ?
Old 08-12-2008
Mad Member

Course it is. Get it there. Its only club racing so you dont need a painted shell.
Im charged and ready to go. Looking forward to it. I will bring my rear wheeler just in case.Get more carpet down and then it might be fun
Old 08-12-2008
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayxwalker View Post
I might be making my first appearance if I can get my b4 wired up tonight. Need to glue the tyres solder new wires into the gtb. Paint the shell but that's not a must ! Even if it's not race ready I was hoping to get it on the track just to try it out. Not sure if this will be ok ?
Course its ok. Always good to see new blood.... Fetch your car no matter what condition its in. Between all of us we'll get it going....

I think we'll have pleanty of carpet down as we have the new lengths from birtly.....
Old 09-12-2008

thanks for the friendly reply's ! Spent all night on it ! Took it out in the street for it's first test run and all was well apart from some bad twitching I think my pistol transmitter is faulty ! I have tryied 2 recievers and there the same ! Maybe someone can lend me a 27mhz pistol just to try tonight ? I will bring it anyway ! Am excited it's been 14 years since I raced !
Old 09-12-2008

Also I do not have the correct connectors on my charger ! And the lipo only has the charge that it had when I got it (second hand ) so maybe someone can top it up ? I am hoping to get it all sorted at the weekend. I am also going to get a 2.4ghz pistol soon as I don't fancy getting another 27mhz. I have got some yellow mini spikes with inserts but I have not glued them as I am not sure if I need to drill any hopes in the rims for indoors ? I have also messed up with buying b4 wide front rims and slim tyres. Opps they still fit but not perfect. I have no idea how to set the car up either.
Old 09-12-2008
Mad Member

Back off holiday. Ready to race
Old 09-12-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayxwalker View Post
Also I do not have the correct connectors on my charger ! And the lipo only has the charge that it had when I got it (second hand ) so maybe someone can top it up ? I am hoping to get it all sorted at the weekend. I am also going to get a 2.4ghz pistol soon as I don't fancy getting another 27mhz. I have got some yellow mini spikes with inserts but I have not glued them as I am not sure if I need to drill any hopes in the rims for indoors ? I have also messed up with buying b4 wide front rims and slim tyres. Opps they still fit but not perfect. I have no idea how to set the car up either.
I've got the bairns 27mhz tranny if you need it and I'm sure someone can sort a charger out for you to use.

If you fetch your charger we'll have a look and no doubt be able to sort some connectors out.

Peter
Old 09-12-2008

nice one cheers ! I will brig the my transmitter becuase I have a feeling that it maybe my sons baby monitor that could be interfering with it ?
Old 09-12-2008

Sorry guys.. I cant make it tonight
KF
SV2
SVR
www.racing-cars.com
Old 10-12-2008
Mad Member

That jump last night surely must have been the biggest height jump? In the final (that i won LOL!) i was fearing for my life when the mad dogs were coming through. I was trying to watch them aswell as race.
Neil. I know what you mean re marshaling and maybe i was guilty at some point in the night. We should know better. The thing is, is that there are no ground rules and people just seem to do what they want. We need to tighten it up a bit i think. I wouldnt want to put people off coming due to crap marshalls!
The Unpainted B4 looked to be going really well. Beginner my arse! We will be watching him!
Old 10-12-2008
Mad Member

Last nights track was a rough layout of the proposed regioanl track, any comments?

Re: marshalling, Im guilty of not getting out to marshall on time, but thats due to lack of time, I need time to change batteries in my car. I was so pushed for time last night I ran the whole meeting with a broken wishbone that I broke in practice.

6 min heats were good!

Time taken to build the track was too long. More help required. Good nights racing, even though I wasn't happy with my final performance.

That unpainted B4 did look to be going well.
Old 10-12-2008

Hi my names Tim by the way ! I was the one with the B4. Just to clear things up I am not a beginner as such. I raced when I was a teen but stopped when I was getting close to 17. I sold up to get a real car LOL. That was 14 years ago so that's a long time so I was not sure how well I would be driving now. But I really enjoyed it and was not as rusty as I thought I would be. I used to race at teeside buggy club back when they had an outdoor track and also raced indoor at the mc millan sports center. I admit I was quite good back then but I just want t have some fun with the 2wd to get my driving skills back as they are more fun.
Anyway thanks to all those who helped my with my car as it was not quite ready to race properly and I am deffinately hooked on it ! And will be back when it's on next for sure.
Old 10-12-2008

Send a message via MSN to Gemma

Looks like you were making a Impression!! Sounds like your having fun!!

You'll either love me or hate me!

Old 10-12-2008

I had forgotten how much fun it is ! Cannot wait to race properly as I only had one race. I thought I would be really rusty but I wasn't to bad !
Old 10-12-2008

Well get yourself into a few Indoor meets.

Teesside have a Regional at Billingham on Sunday. Get yourself there.

The more Track time the better

Old 10-12-2008

Gemma check your pm
Old 10-12-2008

Dont worry I have

Old 10-12-2008
Mad Member

We all have a go at eachother in the top heat and are the first ones to complain if anything goes wrong with marshalling etc, yet we are far from perfect. Think we'll have to start numbering marshall points or something.... Was still a mint track though. And am amazed the car held up however it looks a right mess now...

Chris S AKA the king of the back flips...

And who was it that nearly wiped us all out on the rostrum...??? It looked like a blurey Pred as it glanced past my head....