Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Y.R.C.C - Yatton RC Car Club

Old 14-11-2012
oOple Advertiser

Unhappy The end is in sight

Unfortunately it is looking like we will have to close the doors at the end of November due to the low numbers of people turning up to race. To be able to use the building we have an agreement with the owners to pay the business rates and electric every month. To give you some idea of the numbers …………..

Business rates -80% (reduction for being a non-profit organisation) = £425 per month until January then £225 per month.

Electric = £25 per month

So until January we need to bring in £450 per month in race fees to cover our costs. In February the rates go down to £250 a month which will be a lot easier to cover. Up to this point we had money saved to cover the extra costs but this has now run out and we are short this month by £150. We have 3 race meetings left this month and if we carry on getting the turnout we are getting then the race fees will not cover that cost. This will leave us no choice but to close the doors and close the club.

It’s up to you guys, the racers, if you want a dry place to race in the South West during the winter then please come along and support us.

-Alan-
Old 14-11-2012

Default Hi

Come on guys lets support this idea! Racing on a Friday night indoors is something that not many clubs have to offer anymore! Lets not see this disappear aswell!!
Old 14-11-2012

Default Excellent Track and Facilities

It would be a great shame if Yatton had to close.

I have raced there 3 weekends in a row and have seen the track improve by leaps and bounds each week.

It is a fair way for me to travel living in deepest darkest Devon. But it is worth it because the track is excellent and Rob and Alan give everyone a friendly welcome and run a very friendly event.

Its not easy running a club as i can testify after running TRCMCC every other Wednesday for 10 years. It can be very demoralising when people don't turn up especially when you have got there early to set up and then stay after at the end to pack up.
On some club nights in the summer we only had 4 racers. Which was not even enough to run an event let alone pay the rent.

I realise people can't race every week but it only takes 12 people a week to race at Yatton spread over 6 meetings and it will of been saved.

Come on Everyone lets show our support for a great club and track.

2014 & 2013 BRCA 4WD 1/10 Off Road Southwest Regional Champion
1998 BRCA 1/10 IC Circuit British Champion
www.racing-cars.com/
WWW.WESTCOUNTRYRESORTS.CO.UK
WWW.TRCMCC.CO.UK
Old 14-11-2012

Ill be there Friday, and most Fridays to be honest. Only reason that I wasn't this Friday was due to not being in the county, but in general if its on I will be in.
I don't want to sound like a broken record, but do you think its worth putting some posters up on School club notice boards? Because I cannot think of a better way of raising awareness of the sport, and at times that's how it feels - there is a lack of awareness of the sport. There is such a massive catchment area around Yatton, that it seems impossible not to find 20 or so kids who would want to do this on a Friday or Sunday.
Old 15-11-2012

I agree with the all the posts, the Yatton club is a great place to go racing, the track is awesome fun to drive on, the jumps are perfect, they reward consistent lines but mistakes don’t normally end up with needing marshal assistance. Pitting is well catered for with power points, coffee is available as are snacks and there is even a timing screen in the pit area. Not to mention the friendly atmosphere.

It would be such a shame if we lost this place, as we go deeper into the winter surely having somewhere this good to race has got to be a good thing!?!?!?
Old 15-11-2012

I'm really sorry to hear this after all the hard work thats been put in especially as the new bigger layout is very raceable and loads of fun to drive. But thats a sh!t load of money to find each month !!!

Hopefully numbers will pick up over the next few weeks and we will keep it a bit longer
Old 15-11-2012
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Pickard View Post
Ill be there Friday, and most Fridays to be honest. Only reason that I wasn't this Friday was due to not being in the county, but in general if its on I will be in.
I don't want to sound like a broken record, but do you think its worth putting some posters up on School club notice boards? Because I cannot think of a better way of raising awareness of the sport, and at times that's how it feels - there is a lack of awareness of the sport. There is such a massive catchment area around Yatton, that it seems impossible not to find 20 or so kids who would want to do this on a Friday or Sunday.
I agree Dan and that was always the long term goal. We need to bring new blood into the sport especially kids as they are the future of racing. However our short term aim was to establish the club with existing racers and then go from there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspeedy View Post
I'm really sorry to hear this after all the hard work thats been put in especially as the new bigger layout is very raceable and loads of fun to drive. But thats a sh!t load of money to find each month !!!
We always knew that the first 5 months would be tough as we had a years rates to pay in a short space of time. We had hoped though that we could ride it out and then the £250 a month would be easily acheivable (25 people one Sunday a month). With 4 Friday evenings and 2 Sundays a month we thought that the £450 would be possible.
It would only take 10 people every Friday and 15-20 on the two Sundays to easily pay the rates and have some left over. However at the moment we are only getting roughly 7 people per meeting. Whats curious is that we dont always get the same 7 people every meeting. In total we probably have about 35 drivers all coming at different times

I/we realise that people can't race every night and that there are other events going on but there will come a time when people want to race indoors due to weather or no racing and we want to be there to offer that option. Two months of good turn out and we will be into next year and the rates will be easier to pay.
Old 16-11-2012

I'd like to be able to come more often but unfortunately due to work and travelling back north for weekends and holidays and stuff I can only come sometimes. Hopefully you'll keep going so I can come back! Should be there on the 30th!
Old 19-11-2012

hate to point out the obvious but we are heading towards christmas party season so i would anticpate numbers dropping a bit. I would be happy to double or triple what i pay on a weekly basis if it meant the club staying open vs not being able to race at all. i understand not all could afford this, but i would suggest that we have a non compulsary increase in fees for a couple of weeks if you feel you can afford it, a no pressure and confidential sort of booking in arrangment.

it sounds like just a bit of a financial blip which if the 35 of us all chucked in £10 once we would be home and dry.
Old 19-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDT View Post
hate to point out the obvious but we are heading towards christmas party season so i would anticpate numbers dropping a bit. I would be happy to double or triple what i pay on a weekly basis if it meant the club staying open vs not being able to race at all. i understand not all could afford this, but i would suggest that we have a non compulsary increase in fees for a couple of weeks if you feel you can afford it, a no pressure and confidential sort of booking in arrangment.

it sounds like just a bit of a financial blip which if the 35 of us all chucked in £10 once we would be home and dry.
id donate a tenner to the club if it would help too
Old 19-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlander View Post
id donate a tenner to the club if it would help too

Me too

Schumacher Laydown
Schumacher Cat L1

Schumacher
RC Octane
Old 19-11-2012

I'll chip in as well.

www.racing-cars.com/
WWW.TRCMCC.CO.UK
Old 19-11-2012

would be a great loss as the downstairs track looks good !!
ill help if i can
Old 19-11-2012
oOple Advertiser

First off thanks for all the support, we are getting private messages and offers of help on the rent which we really appreciate. As it stands at the moment we are just shy of the rent for this month but after this friday we hope to have the full amount

So just December and January to go and we have had an idea that will hopefully help. I'm not going to tell you here but keep the following dates free...

Sunday 23rd December 2012
Sunday 20th January 2012
Old 19-11-2012
SHRCCC Legend

Why don't all the regulars commit to a standing order of £30 a month to include all races fees. Anyone who turns up makes the profit. Only need 10 people on standing orders?.
Old 19-11-2012

Thats good news Alan

I have emailed all the TRCMCC members. I hope some of them will race on Sunday.

www.racing-cars.com/
WWW.TRCMCC.CO.UK
Old 19-11-2012

I'm liking the look of those dates ... Yatton Christmas bash
Old 22-11-2012
oOple Advertiser

You better get yourselfs booked In guys as there is a limited number for this first event.

You can book In here http://yrcc.co.uk/wwu_entry/

Team C Racing
Absima
Nuclear RC
DHR Paint
Phat Bodies
South West RC Ltd
Old 23-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobPaynter View Post
You better get yourselfs booked In guys as there is a limited number for this first event.

You can book In here http://yrcc.co.uk/wwu_entry/
All done !!
Old 23-11-2012
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by colsey2009 View Post
All done !!
I havent received your entry, did you fill in and submit the form at http://yrcc.co.uk/wwu_entry/ ?