Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Tiverton Radio Controlled Car Club

Old 13-03-2013

Most people that are running MRT's are racing on a budget and a lot of those people are not interested in doing any thing more than a bit of club racing and at a push a regional, it's these people that this is going to affect.
Old 13-03-2013

Quote:
Most people that are running MRT's are racing on a budget and a lot of those people are not interested in doing any thing more than a bit of club racing and at a push a regional, it's these people that this is going to affect.
+1

TO mowen208fly

Tivvy has been a good members club for the last 20 years and the same faces keep coming week after week, year after year. Many of which have absolutely no intention of racing nationals. But you'd know that right?
Old 14-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawmiller View Post
+1

TO mowen208fly

Tivvy has been a good members club for the last 20 years and the same faces keep coming week after week, year after year. Many of which have absolutely no intention of racing nationals. But you'd know that right?
My post was not just about nationals also end of year finals and veterans finals which (and quote me if I'm wrong we have quite a few members go to ) personally attacking what I know about the club on a forum is not very fair I was just trying to point out what else the transponder issue can effect. My name is Martin Owen and I'm not one to hide behind forums and user names I have an opinion and more than happy to talk rc cars till the cows come home (except if wife is around she hates them)
Old 14-03-2013

I think people forget it is hobby it just a bit of fun on a Sunday this is going to be my 3rd season of racing I have seen a change in rc racing not everyone as the big budget to spend on there hobby!!
Old 16-03-2013
Mad Member

it wont affect me but i feel for those that have gone out and bought the mrt ones only to be told they cant use them

i beleive this: http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/i...nt-fix-it.html
Old 16-03-2013

Wow my soapbox is almost worn out Not in one post on this thread has anybody asked why the club is changing the decoder! is it because its new and shiny ? Is it to be awkward? Do we want people not to race with us?? It's not any of the above the decision was made thinking about the clubs future how much is a new decoder to replace if it goes wrong ? By changing now to the new one the club has saved £600 pounds which is a great thing in these times decisions like this in the past and in the future have assured this club has survived through the bad and the good times
Old 16-03-2013

Mr Owen,doesnt the phrase "moving with the times and trends" come to mind

Ok,so some people might have to buy new transponders,I don't think Tiverton Commitee did that on purpose to stop people from racing,just basically looking towards the future of the club

Looking forward to the new season

Schumacher Laydown
Schumacher Cat L1

Schumacher
RC Octane
Old 16-03-2013

Can someone please clarify if we are able to exchange our MRT transponders for the AMB ones? If so how much will that cost and what is the procedure for that?
Old 16-03-2013

Hi Dan

If you go to the BBK website I believe they are doing a 'deal'. It's around £41 if they have any in stock.

Steve
Old 16-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Pickard View Post
Can someone please clarify if we are able to exchange our MRT transponders for the AMB ones? If so how much will that cost and what is the procedure for that?
Dan worth speaking to Rob maybe?
Old 16-03-2013

Dan

BBK trade in is £42 + old transponder for a harry or £32 + old transponder for purcy. Obviously purcy will only work at tiverton.

Steve
Old 16-03-2013
Mad Member

It is a bit harsh for us who bought MRT's recently. I got mine in september and couldn't really afford an upgrade.

Bit the bullit though and traded it in last week, £35 and my MRT for a harry. Bah done now though.

It's not end of world compared to what we spend on other things though really, and I'm probably poorer than most you guys at the min.
Old 18-03-2013
oOple Advertiser

Just a quick question, has anyone who is unhappy with the MRT sitution contacted MRT and asked them what they are going to do about it? After all they did make the units so surly it's down to them to sort out
Old 18-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan - South West RC View Post
Just a quick question, has anyone who is unhappy with the MRT sitution contacted MRT and asked them what they are going to do about it? After all they did make the units so surly it's down to them to sort out
I'm not sure MRT would do anything about it due to the way the transponders work. From what I've heard is the MRT only transmit 1 signal, whereas the AMB/MyLaps transponders transmit 2 signals. Also I don't see any reason for MRT to do anything about it since they were only 'compatiable' with the RC2/3, as an alternative to the, expensive, original AMB pt. At the moment I write this, you would only saving £5-£15 by purchasing an MRT pt over a MyLaps 'Purcy'/'Harry'.

~Tiverton Radio Control Car Club-
Old 18-03-2013

Send a message via MSN to metalmickey0

Going by this list then, the pt i got is the best as it will work everywhere. I got the 3 lug version

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop View Post
Found This image might help.

Old 18-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan - South West RC View Post
Very good point !
Old 18-03-2013
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcars782 View Post
I'm not sure MRT would do anything about it due to the way the transponders work. From what I've heard is the MRT only transmit 1 signal, whereas the AMB/MyLaps transponders transmit 2 signals. Also I don't see any reason for MRT to do anything about it since they were only 'compatiable' with the RC2/3, as an alternative to the, expensive, original AMB pt. At the moment I write this, you would only saving £5-£15 by purchasing an MRT pt over a MyLaps 'Purcy'/'Harry'.
This was kind of the point I was making but not actually saying it . It's down to MRT to bring out a new or updated pt that is compatible with the new system. It's not down to MyLaps to halt development because somebody that copied their product doesn't have something compatible.

From the point of view of Tiverton club the reasons given were good reasons to upgrade. The clubs equipment was old and they were offered a very good deal on the new unit. It made perfect sense for them to upgrade at this time.
Old 18-03-2013

Personally I don’t think it is possible to please everybody, and as Tiverton have handouts it does alleviate the issue, but it is a shame that racers have to pay out for new transponders! I can see a day where AMB keep changing the transponders on the premise that the new one is better and force a change of transponders every couple of years, just imagine how much money is in that world wide for AMB!?!?! I have never had a missed lap in 6 years of running personal transponders so the statement of reducing missed laps a little misleading.

Having said the above AMB are a business and need to make a profit as all businesses need to! Including all the manufacturers involved in radio controlled car racing, we all spend money on racing, (some more than others) and surely lap counting is no less important than any other aspect. It’s just a shame AMB feel the need to make their system a monopoly!!

I just wish Clive and Terry at MRT would develop and manufacture a system of their own!!
Old 19-03-2013

Ok - everyone bring a stopwatch, clipboard and a pen. Problem sorted!
Old 19-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakypen View Post
Ok - everyone bring a stopwatch, clipboard and a pen. Problem sorted!
lol and tenth markers
i remember racing at st austell and when race control said race finished you had to stop on track .." i used to sneek a extra tenth in when terry was'nt looking"