Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Ansmann Racing

Old 03-06-2012

Default X2c, Should I try it ?

Hi

Looking at the X2c,I am currently running an x6. Which is getting a bit tired now.

Should I get the X2c, is this car competitive / reliable ? (I am currently an F2)

What tuning parts would I need ?

Where is the best (cheapest) place to buy kits/spares ?

Cheers

Garry
Old 03-06-2012

Send a message via MSN to metalmickey0

i`m now running a Monkey which is the same except for the cell layout and am finding it very good and the parts all seem well made. Just got myself the uprated gearbox internals as apparently they are made of cheese(supposedly). Only ran it twice so far as its very new and not had it long but overall i`m very impressed. Just cuz its cheap doesnt mean its rubbish. And i`m liking it a lot.
Old 03-06-2012
Mad Member

I think you should give it a try, you might like it.

Price wise the car/spares are quite cheap, we seem quite competative .

The only real weak point seems to be the front kick-up plate, quick is cheap as chips to replace.

I would recommend a few alloy hop-ups - rear toe-in blocks, and the 30 degree caster blocks as minimum.
Old 03-06-2012

I think gearbox wise most people say ceramic balls and the nylon idler seem to work well. Other options include Kevlar diff gear or a metal idler. Lots of ideas but speak to Alec, Matt or many of the others as I'm sure they'll know better.

I only got mine Thursday but it seems very stable and easy to drive. I just need to improve my lap times.

Matt, do the rear toe in blocks come in different angles? Which is recommended.?
Old 03-06-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adon30 View Post
I think gearbox wise most people say ceramic balls and the nylon idler seem to work well. Other options include Kevlar diff gear or a metal idler. Lots of ideas but speak to Alec, Matt or many of the others as I'm sure they'll know better.

I only got mine Thursday but it seems very stable and easy to drive. I just need to improve my lap times.

Matt, do the rear toe in blocks come in different angles? Which is recommended.?
Your right, we all run ceramic diff balls (3/32), and the replacement idler gears. In regards to the Toe-in blocks, the come in a pack of 3.5 and 4, 3.5 is the kit standard. It's a good tuning aid, I use both dependingon the track.
Old 03-06-2012

go for the team c tc02c same car but comes with nylon idlers as std and the plastics are better aparently. ive just brought one to replace my sv2 i love it and even beter is the parts prices ceramic balls are £8 and a set of springs are £5 bargain.

i would recomend the alloy hexs as well as the plastic kit ones fall of when changing wheels.
Old 03-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattybucks View Post
Your right, we all run ceramic diff balls (3/32), and the replacement idler gears.
Is that nylon or metal idlers?

Also don't forget the narrow hexs so you can fit in the box.
Old 03-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by adon30 View Post
Is that nylon or metal idlers?
Nylon, part No. AR28T

http://www.norfolkbuggyclub.moonfruit.com/
Old 03-06-2012

Do it!! Get one, I was a full fledged flat track racer, but thanks to affordability, ease of use and setup, im a rough road convert. +1 to all the above hop ups though.

Life`s Boring unless your sideways.
Old 05-06-2012

Send a message via MSN to metalmickey0

I got the Kevlar diff gear and both my idlers are now the POM nylon versions.

And regards to the alloy hexes, i`ve used Axial SCX10 alloy hexes. They fit perfect, have grub screws to hold them on and are the same thickness as the kit plastic ones. Therefore you dont need to make crush tubes for the bearings.
Old 05-06-2012

I have been running the VEGA(Kyosho) for 2 years(1,5 year v1 and half a year v2). Handlingwise I was happy with it...I thought so. A couple of weeks ago I had a drive with an X2C(completely stock). Sold the Vega the same day ;-)
I found the X2C producing both more steer and more grip and at the same moment being more forgiving. The X2C was a much much sharper drive. I did back to back tests on the same track with the same tires(putting them from one car on the other).
And the best of all is: it cost only half the price of the other cars!!!
Old 05-06-2012

As for the hexes, I'm using mi4 slims, then dremeled axles down to the top of the nuts.

Life`s Boring unless your sideways.
Old 05-06-2012

I am using the optional B4 axles for the rear and B4 front axles/steering knuckles in front.
This way I can use my standard B4 wheels on all my cars!
Old 05-06-2012

Do it, I may be a little biased as I have a drive off Ansmann but I can honestly say that apart from idler gears i run a standard out of the box X2C. I have no intention of changing anything so if asked I can say it is standard. It is quick, stable and impressive once built and I believe for the right sort of money. They are rarely excellent on first run but mine was. Buy one I think you will be impressed.

Gavin
Old 05-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by croller View Post
Do it, I may be a little biased as I have a drive off Ansmann but I can honestly say that apart from idler gears i run a standard out of the box X2C. I have no intention of changing anything so if asked I can say it is standard. It is quick, stable and impressive once built and I believe for the right sort of money. They are rarely excellent on first run but mine was. Buy one I think you will be impressed.

Gavin
+1 on that, when I first got mine I was amazed at the difference between it and the losi 22. It was so much easier to drive and a fraction of the price. People say it was a bad decision to go to the x2c but I don't regret it one bit! I would go for it mate you wont be disappointed!

Sam
Old 06-06-2012

ive been running the x2c for a while now and i have to say it is a very competative car. i run vertuallt all the upgrade parts on mine but all you need is the nylon gears in the gearbox, this one mod makes the car 100% reliable, the only other major upgrade i have found helps the car is running big bores
HB Racing D418
www.kandmacoustics.co.uk
Old 07-06-2012

I have run one for the last 7 months and can't fault it at all. Mine is box stock apart from the idle gears. Really competitive against all the other makes and very reliable. I don't find it needs much in the way of adjustment on different surfaces like a lot of the other cars seem to either.

You won't be disapointed
Old 07-06-2012

I bodged mine together a hour before a race meeting last friday (mixture of x2c chassis and rear end with a mad rat front end), ran faultlessly, was very responsive and i won the b-final on it. Now with time to refine it i hope to do better still.

Was Solid mid corner and nicely balanced in the air