Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Ribble Valley R/C Car Club

Old 19-05-2013

I disagree with that Andy.

2nd is 1st placed loser!!

Old 19-05-2013

Lol!
Old 19-05-2013

I agree with Matt
Old 19-05-2013

I think a fairer system would be to run a separate 2wd A final that way those that are in it can compete for maximum points as it wouldn't just be purely a case of qualifying highest you'd also have to produce it in the final. In the case of the Friday in question Adam would have had to have raced with another car or settled for 96 points.
Old 19-05-2013

At Ribble I have run race control for about 15 years and in that time I have told everyone that has asked that you must run your final to score points.

This is as we have now found out to be an "old wife's tale"

So over 15 years we must of had loads of drivers not racing their final and still gaining points, so there must of been some winners and losers over this time.

Just to put a lid on this,
  • This is the way the software is set up.
  • As far as I know we can't change it.
  • We don't want cars on the grid that will damage the carpet or spoil the race for others.
  • We like racers to let race control know if they aren't racing the final as we like to keep the same numbers in the finals as we had in the heats (Please see the posts from two weeks ago)
  • If drivers are trying to fix the car for the final but don't manage it that's fine, there can be nothing worse than telling race control they are not racing than fixing the car but have been taken out of the final.
Not sure if any of the above helps but its as I see it.

Working late next week so I will see you the week after.

To end on a positive note a VERY big thank you to all that helped set up and put away the track on Friday, its you lot that makes the club.

Peter
Old 19-05-2013
Banned

I agree that my comments should be deleted just for the fun of it!
Old 21-05-2013

I disagree!

2nd is 1st placed loser!!

Old 21-05-2013

This is an interesting one because often if people do not stay for the final hen they are removed, sometimes with the result of less finals. It does mean of course they get no points. Last week (10th May) they were left in and the system allocated the points.
The same situation occured at the regionals on Sunday when they were running late and decided to take out those who went home. We then lost about half an hour because they were all put back in again for the finals listings. Still waiting to see the points allocation for some since in some cases there were 3 drivers who didn't start in one of the finals.
During discussions it became clear that there does not appear to be any standard and it is up to the clubs, whether the qualifiying rounds count and if they don't run a final then they get bottom position. One club did say that they allowed the qualifying poisition to count but if the driver didn't stay to marshall in thefinals then he would lose the points.
I don't think that it really matters but what we need to do as a club is to just be clear about what rules we would use in future.
Old 21-05-2013

Those racers that we take out after they quailify for the final still score points, its those that we take out before that miss out.

If you quailfy in a final but don't run you are placed last in the race only.

I will try to draft a handout that explains this to all drivers once I get my head around it (this might take a long time)

Peter
Old 22-05-2013

Pete, you really do underestimate yourself! I bet you had it done within minutes of writing the last post
Old 22-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by singin pete View Post
Those racers that we take out after they quailify for the final still score points, its those that we take out before that miss out.

If you quailfy in a final but don't run you are placed last in the race only.

I will try to draft a handout that explains this to all drivers once I get my head around it (this might take a long time)

Peter
as adam more often than not makes the A and I'm in the B, even if he did drop out he would still score more points than me which may leave racers thinking that there was no need to race, this situation once again brings up the issue of not running 2wds separately.