Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 08-10-2021
Mad Member

Default sanwa Exzes X Steering issue

Hi All

A friend has a Sanwa Exzes X that he recently purchased. However it has a problem that the steering seems to just be stuck to the left. If we try to go into the calibration menu it says system error.

The stick does register moving towards the right (A little), but with the sticks in neutral the unit says it is 155(ish) units to the left. When moved to the right it goes down to about 110..

Any idea what this could be? or has he been unlucky with a duff handset?

Thanks
Old 09-10-2021

Sounds like a duff steering pot to me.
Old 11-10-2021
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to MattW

Sounds like a pot has gone, you could try running through the calibration process, don’t ask me how to do it as I can’t remember and don’t have a manual to hand.
Old 22-10-2021
Mad Member

Cheers, he has ordered a new pot to install.
Old 26-10-2021
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by qatmix View Post
Cheers, he has ordered a new pot to install.
I'd be interested to see which pot was ordered, and if swapping it is successful.

I assume you have physically checked the gimbal for breakages and wear to the plastic?
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 05-11-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by neallewis View Post
I'd be interested to see which pot was ordered, and if swapping it is successful.

I assume you have physically checked the gimbal for breakages and wear to the plastic?
Good evening Lewis, taken a while but finally been authorised after a fair few messages to admin and on Facebook etc.

It is I who Qatamix was asking about.. 😁 I was doing some searching and found he’d messaged here! I thought I’d found someone with the same problem! 😂😂

So after quite a ordeal it appears “touch wood” I resolved the issue fitting a new pot, I’d done a lot of searching trying to figure it out, and kept coming back to these pots. https://www.mkracing.eu/sanwa-lenkun...53l00064a.html

Found on eBay and a few places on Google, but these guys also had the throttle one available.
When opening the back once arrived the spec didn’t say for exzes x, but it looks identical and had the same ohmage rating, and as it failed a second time, I decided to go for it.
Thought it’d be a quick ish job but it took over an hour in the end, I got the pot out fairly quickly but struggled to clear the solder even with a solder sucker and stuff, so I actually hand drilled through the solder with a 1mm and 1.5mm drill bit.
Once fitted and testing I found the figures had changed when moving from throw to throw, but it worked perfectly, i calibrated and tested last Thursday and worked great for 5 5min races, and again last night, so this is now easily the longest it had made it. So I’m now fairly sure it was the pot,

When removing I did find it had gone notchy, possibly from pulling at it to remove it or it was indeed faulty.

If you make sure to have a decent wattage iron it’s not too bad to do..

Hope this helps!

I’m new on here but if you need pics, let me know and I’ll try and upload them.. 😁

Old 05-11-2021

Pics possibly.. 🤔
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 9C9660FF-ABE8-4C0D-A82A-4711392B754B.jpeg (132.8 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpeg 7A44DD01-E99B-46B2-BC70-2AF1C3FA7EE8.jpeg (80.8 KB, 17 views)
Old 20-11-2021
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRF_Mark View Post
Good evening Lewis, taken a while but finally been authorised after a fair few messages to admin and on Facebook etc.

It is I who Qatamix was asking about.. 😁 I was doing some searching and found he’d messaged here! I thought I’d found someone with the same problem! 😂😂

So after quite a ordeal it appears “touch wood” I resolved the issue fitting a new pot, I’d done a lot of searching trying to figure it out, and kept coming back to these pots. https://www.mkracing.eu/sanwa-lenkun...53l00064a.html

Found on eBay and a few places on Google, but these guys also had the throttle one available.
When opening the back once arrived the spec didn’t say for exzes x, but it looks identical and had the same ohmage rating, and as it failed a second time, I decided to go for it.
Thought it’d be a quick ish job but it took over an hour in the end, I got the pot out fairly quickly but struggled to clear the solder even with a solder sucker and stuff, so I actually hand drilled through the solder with a 1mm and 1.5mm drill bit.
Once fitted and testing I found the figures had changed when moving from throw to throw, but it worked perfectly, i calibrated and tested last Thursday and worked great for 5 5min races, and again last night, so this is now easily the longest it had made it. So I’m now fairly sure it was the pot,

When removing I did find it had gone notchy, possibly from pulling at it to remove it or it was indeed faulty.

If you make sure to have a decent wattage iron it’s not too bad to do..

Hope this helps!

I’m new on here but if you need pics, let me know and I’ll try and upload them.. 😁
Just caught up with this...

Thanks for the pot source. I'll check it out.

Hope it sorts your problem.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------