Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 11-09-2016

Fingers crossed that will go through although I don't hold up much hope. He still owes me 25 quid for my shell.

The guys a waste man. A compete liar.

Racer @ South West Indoor RC

https://www.facebook.com/pages/South...3948047?ref=hl

Link above
Old 11-09-2016
Awesome Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattV6 View Post
Leeboy thank you for helping me out. I can't understand why he avoids his customers, it's a complete joke!

I have found his 'refund' although that £51 is not in my paypal account. It's Pending, it's not a straight refund so hasn't showed up in my account as funds. I've not got it yet but it is a start.

I now just need to get back the 25 quid he owes me for the shell I sent him. I'm never going to see that again am I! !
Don't you need to accept the refund?
Old 11-09-2016

He's just said the shell will be on the way back to you shortly

Fingers crossed
Old 11-09-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peakey View Post
Don't you need to accept the refund?
I've tried and it doesn't let me, there's no option to except it. I've looked up the 'pending' part and it says it can take 7 days to clear?

Link above
Old 11-09-2016
Awesome Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattV6 View Post
I've tried and it doesn't let me, there's no option to except it. I've looked up the 'pending' part and it says it can take 7 days to clear?
So miss like it's been sent as an e cheque
Old 11-09-2016
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

When a refund is given it depends if the money was in the paypal account or the payment was taken from a bank card in the paypal account.

If for example you paid by a bank card the money will take up to 7 days and will be returned to the bank account it came from.

If for example you paid by the paypal balance the money will return and show in your paypal balance on screen. This can also take 7 days but normally quicker.

If that makes sense.
Old 11-09-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeboy44 View Post
He's just said the shell will be on the way back to you shortly

Fingers crossed
Thank you Leeboy.

I feel sorry for anyone else who has sent him shells and paid him. I knows there's a few because people have told me they have sent shells and paid for them in the last couple of weeks. He's told you he's closed so are they going to get strung along with lies too?? Going by the amount of threads on here from the past with people asking where he is I guess hes doing the same again now.

Link above
Old 11-09-2016
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

paypal refunds can take up to five days I think it is, there was a post some time ago were a chap bought a car,seller changed his mind and sent refund within the hour, but the problem was the buyer was out of pocket for a week and was less than happy as he couldn't even go out and buy another car as paypal held the money!

If this is all true its a shame as kifo was good, but there do seem to be a few threads heading this way about him, if he's only repaying money when his mates get hold of him and say its being plastered all over a forum:thumb down:

www.norfolkbuggyclub.moonfruit.com

kyosho optima,Bosscat,Boomerang,,RB5 Vega,RB7,,RC12 5.2, TLR22-4,MP9,HB807T
Flask of tea & a rollup
Anglia model centre & CT Models
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28117
Old 12-09-2016

I think it must be coming from his bank, I paid direct from my paypal account with money from that. This refund isn't in my account so it can't be coming from his paypal it must have been like you say his bank or card.

Yes sadly this is all true. This has been going on since the middle of June and yesterday I'd had enough of his lies and broken promises. I was promised my shell on the 11th July!! He has ignored every single message I have sent I'm except 1.

What's makes him even more of a complete joke is that today a mate of mine has asked him for a price on a shell and Kifo has replied to him. So why not reply to me? He said he couldn't do the job but that's not the point. He's ignoring people who have paid a lot of money for a shell to be painted and they get ignored.

I just hope the others that have sent him shells recently get a refund.

Link above
Old 13-09-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by racingdwarf View Post
paypal refunds can take up to five days I think it is, there was a post some time ago were a chap bought a car,seller changed his mind and sent refund within the hour, but the problem was the buyer was out of pocket for a week and was less than happy as he couldn't even go out and buy another car as paypal held the money!

If this is all true its a shame as kifo was good, but there do seem to be a few threads heading this way about him, if he's only repaying money when his mates get hold of him and say its being plastered all over a forum:thumb down:
refunds happen straight away if there are funds in the paypal account

if you are crediting the paypal account to refund this does take longer

not to make excuse maybe he just is to busy in his own life painting needs alot of time i use mike parker myself never lets me down but i am never in a rush as hes always busy
Old 14-09-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by fil9144 View Post
refunds happen straight away if there are funds in the paypal account

if you are crediting the paypal account to refund this does take longer

not to make excuse maybe he just is to busy in his own life painting needs alot of time i use mike parker myself never lets me down but i am never in a rush as hes always busy
Yeah i'm not sure why refunds take so long? Odd?

Something isn't right. After reading post after post on here and other forums i'm surprised he was still going for as long as he has. His work is amazing but his total lack of customer care is beyond a joke. He ignores people. What is so stupid is that i had friends of mine message him, he would reply literally within 5 mins but he ignored me for over 2 months and i was the one who send him over £50??!!!?? He would also only talk to certain people on here, he wouldn't talk to me??

There's no excuse for it tbh. I wasn't going to sit back and just let him fob me off. If he was too busy to take on extra work he should of said no. I just hope the other people who have recently sent him shells and money get a refund because he is apparently closed now although he's still been taking shells and money off people??

Link above
Old 14-09-2016

When he did this last time he disappeared for a few years and then started up again. Probably hoping that people had forgotten or left the hobby.
Old 15-09-2016
Mad Member

There's a couple of guys i know who do the same.
One is a wheel builder, by all accounts one of the top guys in the industry. Can't run a business to save his life. Last time his business folded (third or fourth time) it appeared that he had made about 75 grand in clear profit in the previous 12 months. And had about 150k worth of orders on his waiting list. Still folded. He now works for someone else. Sits in a nice quiet corner of the workshop with a stack of parts and a weekly list of wheels to be built. Don't think he even has a phone near him.

The other guy used to build engines. Really really good engines. Used to work for varoius BTCC teams in the 90s and does some of the single model series. Used to forget stuff, like ordering bits, or even making the engine. Last time he went under he had about 20-25 half built engines stacked in a lock up. All "waiting" parts, most that he'd forgotten to order, or pay for. He'd have been fine if they had 40 hour days. Or someone else did his ordering or work scheduling. Which is what his wife does now. Nags him endlessly. Funnily enough, every time he folded he'd find a job in about 48 hours. Usually paying pretty much top money for the role.

I reckon this chaps the same.
Old 15-09-2016

Let's face it. This has ended Kifopaints future credibility now. The guy should be a man and come on her and say sorry, pay people what he owes and then it's done. Oh and don't piss off Mattv6. He won't let it go lol.
Old 15-09-2016
Mad Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by adey View Post
Oh and don't piss off Mattv6. He won't let it go lol.
He must of doubled his post count

Schumacher F1..The original KF.
TLR 5.0 AC .. FORSALE
Old 16-09-2016
Awesome Admin

Send a message via AIM to Col

Quote:
Originally Posted by adey View Post
The guy should be a man and come on her and say sorry

That ain't gonna happen - he's not been here for over a year...
Old 16-09-2016
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Maybe there should be a section called "Name and shame" in the trade section to warn buyers of dodgy sellers.
Old 16-09-2016
Awesome Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodgit View Post
Maybe there should be a section called "Name and shame" in the trade section to warn buyers of dodgy sellers.
That is what the feedback section is for
Old 16-09-2016
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

always thought feedback section was for oople deals,Need to be careful with a general section could turn into mud slinging /bitching section

www.norfolkbuggyclub.moonfruit.com

kyosho optima,Bosscat,Boomerang,,RB5 Vega,RB7,,RC12 5.2, TLR22-4,MP9,HB807T
Flask of tea & a rollup
Anglia model centre & CT Models
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28117
Old 17-09-2016
Awesome Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by racingdwarf View Post
always thought feedback section was for oople deals,Need to be careful with a general section could turn into mud slinging /bitching section
Well this is a deal that's gone south so it is perfect for the feedback section and if people want to deal with someone that's in here they can check there feedback first.