Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > Mid South

Old 09-08-2012
oOple Advertiser

Default BRCA Mid South 4wd regional at DMS (Sunday 19th August)

BRCA Mid South 4wd Regional - round 5
DMS Model Car Club - Watford - Sunday 19th August

Venue
Our venue for next sunday is our usual place - Parmiters Sports Centre, Thomas Parmiter School, High Elms Lane, Watford, Herts, WD25 0JU

Please be aware that the postcode is for the school, the entrance for the Sports Centre is approx 50 yards before this further down the lane.

Times
The Sports Centre will open at 8am (please dont arrive earlier since you will NOT get in and you will only upset the local residents), and since there are no tents/ez ups/gazebos to erect, a nice lay in bed for you all!!! We are going to run some open practice in slots of 4 minute sessions (then 10 people off, 10 more on etc) followed by 1 round of timed practice in heats also (as per our 2wd regional that has now been adopted by most clubs in the region too ).

Cost and Booking In
The cost to race for those who are pre-booked is £10, booking in on the day will be available at the cost of £15. The open classes (2wd buggies, Trucks/SC's and Micros - if enough interest) are all £5 to race pre-booked - £10 on the day. All booking in is on the DMS Results website here - www.dmsresults.co.uk there is still several days left to get booked in.

Facilities and Track
The track is an indoor track consisting of 80% carpet and 20% slippery floor, various man made jumps, bumps and obstacles included.

Pitting space will be ample (please bring your own table and chair) although the predicted entry is lower than 2wd, we will still need to be sensible when setting up their tables etc, please do NOT be offended if I or any of our team come up and ask you to move up or closer to others in the morning if you are taking up more space than is really required, we will be looking to direct people when you arrive in the morning. Limited 240V power outlets (please bring your own extension leads) Any 12 volt batteries, in a leak proof contianer please..

We have arranged with "Chubbys" (the caterer at our earlier 2wd round, Stotfold national and Area 51 meetings) to come all the way down and provide us all with hot and cold food and drinks, they will be on site and ready to go from 8am, please support them well to justify the long journey they are making to come and support this meeting. As a result, we will not be allowing any "hot" food purchased from elsewhere to be consumed within the hall, if you choose to go to MacD's or similiar (not sure why you would) then please eat it while you are there also.

Most popular tires are Schumacher Yellow Minipins front and rear, although Mini Spikes can work (Staggers are used by several 2wd's on the front). No restriction on tyres except for no foams or additive.

Our full DMS trackside spares shop will be present for all your needs, if there is anything you need in particular, then please call or email by close of busines friday and we will bring it along for you.

As per BRCA rules, all LIPO batteries being charged MUST be inside a recognised LIPO sack (or similiar), anyone found not using one will be asked to leave (you have been warned)...

PT's must be used (no handout transponders will be available on the day)

Trophies will be awarded for overall TQ and first place in all 4wd finals (BRCA regional class) - there are no trophies for the open classes

Spaces still available to pre-book for those who not yet entered.........

Booking In and Club Website - www.dmsresults.co.uk
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636
Old 09-08-2012
oOple Advertiser

Also, just to add, several people came up to me at the Silverstone national and mentioned they would either like to book in, change their entry from one class to another, or withdraw. To be sure that I have not forgotten anyone, PLEASE either delete or add your entry via the online booking in system, for those who dont have access (or have lost/"cant be bothered to find" their entry confirmation email) to click the "cancellation link", then please respond to this thread, to ensure I get it all correctly sorted for you.
Old 09-08-2012
oOple Advertiser

Darren, I am sure Elliott is doing the 4wd regional and not 2wd - not sure why he listed himself there.....obviously he is at the Euros so please correct that.......see yah there
Old 09-08-2012
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudeTony View Post
Darren, I am sure Elliott is doing the 4wd regional and not 2wd - not sure why he listed himself there.....obviously he is at the Euros so please correct that.......see yah there
Hi Tony,

Yeah, I do recall speaking to Chris about it on Saturday, I said I would delete his 2wd entry (which I have just done) and then he will re-book Elliot into 4wd when he is back form Austria. I have done Kev and also recall Timbers told me he could not make it too so he is done, Ash Wiffen said he was booking in (which he now has) also. Those are all i can remember, but there were more I am sure.......
Old 10-08-2012

Darren

I would have loved to come but its a little far from Germany. I'm afaraid I'm one of those that deleted the email to cancel my booking. I do intend on visiting you guys when I'm next in the UK. I hope all goes well at the regional.

Ben
Old 10-08-2012
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjy1 View Post
Darren

I would have loved to come but its a little far from Germany. I'm afaraid I'm one of those that deleted the email to cancel my booking. I do intend on visiting you guys when I'm next in the UK. I hope all goes well at the regional.

Ben
No worries Ben, hope things are going well for you in Geremany

Keep in touch mate...

Darren
Old 14-08-2012

Sorry Darren, Tom and myself can't make it this weekend !

Colin Kirkham
Old 14-08-2012
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by moffett-mechanic View Post
Sorry Darren, Tom and myself can't make it this weekend !

Colin Kirkham
I take it you dont have your confirmation email to hand then?
Old 14-08-2012
Mad Member

It's a good job Darren doesn't work for a living....

He has to spend all day on here taking people out of meetings, thank god for emails and online booking systems.

I reckon from next year you book in, get your email. Lose it then it's your fault (i deleted mine the first time this system was used) NO EXCUSES!!!, people will then A) Pay for taking up space on a very busy entry list, B) Pay for thinking it will be alright, as someone else will delete me.

Remember numbers are rising every year, clubs make lots of effort for us to race. If they pulled out a few days before and didn't have the emails from us to let us know, we would all be moaning!!

Time to start thinking about others....
Old 14-08-2012
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by spenner View Post
It's a good job Darren doesn't work for a living....
Cheeky sod

Quote:
Originally Posted by spenner View Post
He has to spend all day on here taking people out of meetings, thank god for emails and online booking systems.

I reckon from next year you book in, get your email. Lose it then it's your fault (i deleted mine the first time this system was used) NO EXCUSES!!!, people will then A) Pay for taking up space on a very busy entry list, B) Pay for thinking it will be alright, as someone else will delete me.

Remember numbers are rising every year, clubs make lots of effort for us to race. If they pulled out a few days before and didn't have the emails from us to let us know, we would all be moaning!!

Time to start thinking about others....
Thank you, and VERY true.....
Old 14-08-2012
oOple Advertiser

On this occasion you both wrong Gents....
The system should allow you to go in and delete from there...then none of you will be moaning !!!!!

The BRCA including Regional and National in my opinion ar way behind the times.
You should be able to do everything on-line and pay and everything!

If you want it sorted then I will sort it....if you want to stay as is, then stop moaning - LMAO

See you Sunday - LMR Motor Screws and Wings will be with me if you want to save PP..... reserve by email - tony@rudebits.net

Darren?
FTD or round by round?

Old 14-08-2012
Mad Member

I thought you had only just caught up....

Evdo, what your saying is right. But if people pay online then you will have to use paypal or something.... this then increases the charge for events, will also mean all clubs will have to have there own booking in system (otherwise how will they know who has/hasn't paid) This then leads to more work for race organisers.

Whatever is put into a computer/website has to come out the other end...

The current system is pretty easy to use, just keep your emails safe in case you wish to pull out.

Now Tony, get on with packing those chassis!!
Old 14-08-2012
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
On this occasion you both wrong Gents....
The system should allow you to go in and delete from there...then none of you will be moaning !!!!!
It already does and emails you the link straight to it.... BTW, I am not moaning, but John makes a good point...

Quote:

Darren?
FTD or round by round?

Single fastest lap, maybe.....

or

1 round of shotgun qualifying only with multi leg finals for all

FTD / RBR ....... we will have to wait and see on the day ;-) .......
Old 14-08-2012
oOple Advertiser

Noooo!!!
It can be organised that the clubs get paid per event they hold.
It can be a central booking in system and pay each club.
You lot are way behind the times.
Come lets say Friday 7.0pm - won't let you delete yourself - simples!!!

Its a matter of knowing the right people to sort it and pay for it too!

The system that Darren is providing for us all is fine but it's far from perfect....

You could even use the site to get revenue in for a mid-south pot to be used for something or another.....modern times lads!!!!
Old 14-08-2012
Mad Member

Looks like you have volunteered yourself Mr Evdo...

Get something designed and let the clubs see it, but from a club point of view. If it cost's then 'not interested', if charges go up to cover for it 'not interested'.

I really like the sound of the idea, and the only way would be to see if shops etc in the area pay to advertise on there and this covers the cost... But that would be up to them.

Best get busy tony...
Old 14-08-2012
oOple Advertiser

LOL Jon - do you actually know how much it costs to organise, design and do a website?
Can't just do something like that and if the clubs like it then OK!!!
As for if it costs anything.surely you are not the only one that makes that decision or are you?!

Anyways, this is way off the subject....I think if the clubs wanted less work then a cetral booking in system is very possible but I am sure Darren can have a word with his people and maybe revamp the existing one......more work Darren!

I do think we should have a Mid-South BRCA website though
Old 14-08-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
I do think we should have a Mid-South BRCA website though
seen that idea before Tony, http://www.freewebs.com/tufc2003/
how things have changed.........

Cannot be that difficult to keep racing email's in a folder so they don't get lost.
Old 14-08-2012
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCJC View Post

Cannot be that difficult to keep racing email's in a folder so they don't get lost.
Exactly.....
Old 14-08-2012

Darren,

I've had this conversation with you before !!

What sodding emails and I'll tell you I'm not the only one who has not had your sodding emails !!!!!

You posted on here asking for any up dates you get them you start bitching
Don't worry I won't bother doing or try doing any regionals next year !

At least I've let you know ! And just, not shown up on Sunday morning !!!
So you cant offer my place to someone else ?
Old 14-08-2012
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by moffett-mechanic View Post
Darren,

I've had this conversation with you before !!

What sodding emails and I'll tell you I'm not the only one who has not had your sodding emails !!!!!

You posted on here asking for any up dates you get them you start bitching
Don't worry I won't bother doing or try doing any regionals next year !

At least I've let you know ! And just, not shown up on Sunday morning !!!
So you cant offer my place to someone else ?
Excuse Me??

"EVERYONE" gets a confirmation email sent to the email address YOU enter when you book in, now if you "cannot be bothered" to enter it or make a mistake in checking it once entered then that is the ONLY way you wont get a confirmation, if you speak to 99% of the racers entered on the system they all get one for every meeting they enter. They are not "my sodding emails" they are generated by a computer and sent out automatically to you the racer, unless you think I sit here personally sending every one and deciding to miss people out for the fun of it........

On behalf of DMS (as both a club and shop in "our" region) we provide the booking in system for the "convenience of the clubs and racers" FREE OF CHARGE, to make it better for all, I am not here to be abused in the event someone has not got an email that they should have!!

And as for start bitching, all I said was I assumed you did not have your email? So please dont accredit me with comments made by others. If you read what I wrote above, I said that many people came up to me at the Silverstone national wishing to add/amend/withdraw entries, so to respond on here to make sure I did not miss any of them, I dont recall speaking to you or if you were even there, so not quite "asking for updates" as you put it from everyone and sundry.... If you had cared to look you would have seen at the time of your reply I had already deleted them for you, glad I did before I read this...

It is the people who treat those who run the racing for our benefit like this, that make many a club decide to not bother doing it any more, when it comes to running clubs we are volunteers you know, I would not expect this abuse in a paid job......