Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 12-04-2013

Default Viper R/C Solutions Official Thread

Please use this as the official thread for all the products of Viper R/C Solutions. We provide quality electronic motors and speed controls for 1/12, 1/10, and 1/8 electric vehicles.

Feel free to ask us questions about the products we would be glad to answer anything that we can. For more details and information on our products please check out our website (www.viper-rc.com), our shop site at (www.shopviperrc.com) or Like us on Facebook under Viper R/C Solutions.

Facebook: Viper R/C Solutions
Twitter: ViperRCTeam

sponsored by: Viper R/C Solutions, J Concepts, ARC USA, X Factory, Xpert R/C US
Old 12-04-2013

Viper R/C would also like to officially welcome multiple European and British Champion Lee Martin to the Viper organization. Starting this weekend in Kidderminister Lee will start using our products and be involved in future development as well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg leem.jpg (96.0 KB, 36 views)

Old 17-04-2013

Lots of looks, no questions??

Great first outing for Lee with Viper products, a 4th and a 5th overall. Actually one spot better in 4wd than last year at Kidderminster!! And he is just getting used to the systems and the set up..... more to come......

Old 17-04-2013

Can you tell us who are the UK distributors for Viper products?
Old 17-04-2013
Mad Member

DMS Used to do them, but dont any more.
Darren Boyle may be able to shed more light on this
Old 17-04-2013

I believe Lee Martin will be helping out with selling Viper products.
Otherwise you have to buy from the states, but their service and support is very good, just should get better when a full time distributor is appointed.
Old 17-04-2013
Mad Member

Ive just sent a faulty unit back to the USA for replacement and the service was excellent.

Very easy, they have a really polished order system and Eric from Viper RC was really helpful.
Old 17-04-2013
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroP View Post
DMS Used to do them, but dont any more.
Darren Boyle may be able to shed more light on this
With regret it is not us any longer, our agreement with Viper ended over a year ago now by mutual consent, there has been no-one official appointed for the UK by them to date since, which is why the last motors you see homologated to the BRCA were by us in 2011.
All customers were advised at the time to send faulty product directly back to the USA, most have been dealt with successfully and professionally, some have sadly not.
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636
Old 17-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikos2002 View Post
Please use this as the official thread for all the products of Viper R/C Solutions. We provide quality electronic motors and speed controls for 1/12, 1/10, and 1/8 electric vehicles.

Feel free to ask us questions about the products we would be glad to answer anything that we can. For more details and information on our products please check out our website (www.viper-rc.com), our shop site at (www.shopviperrc.com) or Like us on Facebook under Viper R/C Solutions.
Howdy Nick,

Just a comment - My son Eben Coetzee is current 2wd and 4wd mod champ in South Africa. We have been using Viper VTX10R (orange) in 2wd and VTX10R (black) in 4wd with great success. We have extreme temperatures over here, large open tracks with good traction and no issues at all. Had our 2nd Nationals this weekend (which he won) and ran without a fan in die DEX410. Outside temps at 24 degrees Celsius (autumn on its way), 5.5 turn motor and 19 pinion. Performed great with no thermal problems.

We love them!

Tools - Durango DEX210, DEX410
Drive - Viper VTX10R
TX/RX - Spektrum
Tires - Panther
Power - Gens Ace
Old 17-04-2013

i've got the same, vtx10R 2WD 10R black 4WD
when i got the first one it was quite soon after they were released, i set them up to give reverse, they worked ok, plenty of power and brakes, smooth to drive, reverse wasn't great but they did get fairly hot. then i tried fwd only with motor timing, and there amazing, stay really cool now, both fans have been removed from the cars, and the power is almost silly, 4wd was pulling wheelies at the last meeting.
i've also got a second VTX10R which i bought before the black, however when installing it in the 4wd i crossed the power connectors over, plugged in big spark ect. it does still work but overheats after 2 or 3 mins really need to get round to sending it off for repair/exchange
Old 17-04-2013

I've just sent back a 2ndhand out of waranty VTX... Very fast response and a more than reasonable 'deal' to replace the irrepairable speedo with a new unit.

Thanks...
Old 18-04-2013

Wow, ask and ye shall receive ------

First, yes we have new dealers in progress of getting signed up, I don't want to release names or anything yet, because until they have product in the country, it wouldn't help anyone.

Next to answer some of the posts.

Thanks to racers like Lee, and the Coetzee's we are building up quite a nice string of accomplishments around the world -- ROAR National Champions, Snowbirds Champions, IIC Champions, and African National Champions - just to name a few.

But Performance is only part of what we do, we believe above all else in help our customers to the best of our ability. Now that doesn't always mean its perfect -- but its what we strive for, whether that customer is in US or UK, or anywhere else. We are here to help and support, just let us know. PM me here, I will be checking in daily (albeit at a time difference from the US).

RickRick - still works after being plugging in wrong? Check the capacitor barrels on the top board, spec them with calipers if you have them, if one is swelled, it might be causing the overheats. Also check other things like motor temp cut off - if its set around 220-230 and still cutting off, might want to send it.

Upgrade and samd -- thanks for the kind words, hope to see more as we grow

Keep the questions coming, would be glad to answer......

Old 19-04-2013

So I understand the first UK Stockist has an order being processed.... not long now new UK fans....

Old 19-04-2013

Default News from South Africa

Quote:
So I understand the first UK Stockist has an order being processed.... not long now new UK fans....
Great news!

Nick - just an quick update (hope you received my mail as well). Our plans are coming together. I am booking Eben's flight today to Switzerland for the 13th of May. Will be racing over there for three months. We received confirmation for entry in 2wd and 4wd mod for Oople Invertational as well, 9-11 August so he will be there. I am planning to fly over ass well. From there back to South Africa for three months and then back again if work Visa application is successful.

Drive - Viper VTX10R
TX/RX - Spektrum
Tires - Panther
Power - Gens Ace
Old 19-04-2013

Buks - that sounds great!!!!I know I am not there -- but make sure Eben has my email so he can contact me anytime he needs. Wish you guys were coming to the US for the Worlds, but this will be a great experience for him.

Old 20-04-2013

Quote:
Buks - that sounds great!!!!I know I am not there -- but make sure Eben has my email so he can contact me anytime he needs. Wish you guys were coming to the US for the Worlds, but this will be a great experience for him.
Yip. Missed on Finland and will probably now again on USA. But 2015 we will be there wherever it is. Wiser and with much more experience!

Drive - Viper VTX10R
TX/RX - Spektrum
Tires - Panther
Power - Gens Ace
Old 24-04-2013

Great week last week with results in the US - check our our Facebook page to learn more!!!!

Old 27-04-2013

I have a Viper VTX1 running A55 firmware in my Schumacher SupaStox running on 1S, loving the unit really smooth and fast and always seems to keep cool.
The only question I have is there any way I can improve the brakes? I have the brake frequency turned right down that has helped a bit, or is this just the nature of 1S? It seems to be more obvious at lower speeds.
Old 30-04-2013

PM me what settings you are using and we will see what we can do. Between the low voltage and today's motors, there isn't much there to provide braking power. But let's see what settings you are using.

Old 30-04-2013

Just updated to A55 firmware on one of my VTX10r's. Having also fitted the larger power capacitor. I'm expecting good things from this speed controller now.

I had almost given up on any V link profile editing software becoming available too, so much so that I hadn't bothered to see if it was available having waited so long. But I now see it has arrived, and it seems to work nicely. I'd purchased my V link ages ago, did one firmware update, then it sat in the pitbox as it had no other use. Better late than never though I guess.

I'll be happy if all goes well on track now.

Would be good if you could get some 4wd off road set-up sheets on the site though, any chance?