Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 05-11-2014

Default Spares List?

Hi team - being a new racer with a buggy and a sct I would like to buy some spares to carry in my box should I break something during a race - worst thing would be not been able to carry on racing due to failing to prepare for mishaps in the way of broken/damaged parts.

So if possible could you throw up a few bits which I can buy to keep with me to replace should the worst happen - a couple I can think of are the wishbones (front and rear) and shock pins (if that's the right terminology for them)?

Feel free to add additional parts please - it would be appreciated

Old 05-11-2014
Mad Member

Welcome Whites!

Wishbones are a good idea whatever the chassis.

What cars are you running? Different chassis have their weak points but generally I would also include front steering arms and c-hubs. Many drivers also carry spare shock towers but I have to admit im yet to break one!!
Old 05-11-2014

cheers pal - i have a yokomo bmax 2 mr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris56 View Post
Welcome Whites!

Wishbones are a good idea whatever the chassis.

What cars are you running? Different chassis have their weak points but generally I would also include front steering arms and c-hubs. Many drivers also carry spare shock towers but I have to admit im yet to break one!!
Old 05-11-2014
Awesome Admin

+1 on the wishbone's and hub carriers if you have a big impact like I did last te out, couldn't get it stopped and ended up in the wall. I broke a wishbone which I replaced but didn't realise I fractured a hub carrier too which I had no spares with me so that was the end of that.
Luckily I had the Procat to focus on after so wasn't a day wasted.
Old 05-11-2014

cheers chaps - so we have wishbones, c hubs, shock pins, steering arms and poss shock towers......
Old 06-11-2014

rear wings can get ripped off but that usually happens over time and you'll see cracks and splits start to happen before it goes.

by shock pins do you mean shock shafts? they can get bent by a rear impact so nice to have.

i like to carry spare bearings as well, can ruin your day if one disintegrates and noone around has got the right one.

with wishbones etc its good to have the complete system in your box, so starting at wishbone swivel pins, wishbones, c-hub swivel pins, c-hubs, steering arms for front. also good to have the hardware ie spare ball joints, c-clips basically whatever you need to build a complete new arm.

spur gears and pinions can get stripped or damaged so good to have

option parts like different springs, different tyres for changeable conditions are nice as well.

little bits like body pins, if used. wheelnuts, m3 bolts in a few different sizes, m3 nuts, spare plastic rod ends to replace any that are falling off too easily.

luckily the yokomo bmax is a a tough little customer, so hopefully you won't be breaking very much anyway!
Old 06-11-2014

As above really, but I also like to carry around enough bits to rebuild a diff as well (I've had diffs tighten up and snap the diff screw on a few occasions which would have ruined the day).
Old 06-11-2014

great thanks guys yeah just looking into springs to try, had a couple of suggestions on them so will bear that in mind. Thanks for the help appreciate it