Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 09-11-2014

Default BIG thanks to MB Models & Moss Models

All too often people moan n groan about the cost of things and shoddy service we get this day and age, me included but I just wanted to mention 2 shops, which are local ish to me (within 1 hrs. drive).

I'm sure you have heard me witter on about being a newbie to the hobby at quite a late age (39) having never raced as a kid etc. as many did when they were younger and frankly I had no idea where to start or what to get when I bought a car a number of weeks ago.

MB Models and Moss Models have been fantastic to me, sure I have spent some good money with them for my cars, a buggy and a sct and all the equipment etc. that's needed to run them but their service has been superb. Neither has tried to sell me anything that I don't need just to make a few quid extra and BOTH shops has spent a considerable amount of time with my both in person and on the phone. I have been to both shops in person recently and when I first got my cars and they have sorted electrics and soldered things for me even if its taken an hour to do it as well as little bits n bobs along the way which all adds up - and no moaning and no extra charge for the pleasure, which nowadays seems harder to come buy.

I am sure there are other shops with the same superb service which I have not experienced but the above two I have and believe credit where credit is due.

I don't know these people on a personal level only as a customer and I am not sponsored by either of them but just wanted to say a BIG thanks to both shops for helping a newcomer out in the hobby in getting me going and passing on your invaluable knowledge too - it is greatly appreciated
Old 11-11-2014
oOple Advertiser

You are more than welcome.

This can be a daunting hobby to get into if starting from nothing.

Glad to help and thanks for the report.
Old 11-11-2014
Mad Member

MB I like loads. I've only bought one thing from them, but I was surprised to get a postage refund out of the blue. I wrote in case there was a mistake and was told that since the part cost little-pence to post, the rest was refunded. To say I was chuffed...
Old 11-11-2014
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowOne View Post
MB I like loads. I've only bought one thing from them, but I was surprised to get a postage refund out of the blue. I wrote in case there was a mistake and was told that since the part cost little-pence to post, the rest was refunded. To say I was chuffed...
I too have recently bought from MB and got a postage refund back the following day.

Yokomo YZ-2

No 4WD because nothing lives up to my original Optima. Until now maybe?...
Old 11-11-2014

MB have great stock, nearly always have the parts I need, and invariably post same day..!
Always been very impressed with their service..
Old 11-11-2014

Ross and Michael at MB are top blokes, always helpful and friendly

Schumacher Laydown
Schumacher Cat L1

Schumacher
RC Octane
Old 12-11-2014
oOple Advertiser

Thanks for the kind comments.

All the best MB
Old 13-11-2014

I was in the same position as first poster. I contacted Alex at Moss Models and had superb service. Everything I needed first class.
Old 13-11-2014

Its certainly a refreshing change in todays society that decent folk do still exist. Just to add also my experience at the odd club I have been to has also been great - approachable people who are willing to help and put you on the right track, without people like this I guess may newbies would lose heart and poss. jack it all in?

Thanks to everyone who has helped me out
Old 13-11-2014
Mad Member

Default MB Models

I have dealt with these guys and their service, advice and help beyond the call of a model shop. Its very hard to find a shop these days with a good product knowledge and then relating it to equivelant parts if need be. These guys do it as a walk in the park.

Amazing team and a pleasure to buy from

Not to mention the lightening fast service

Keep up the good work guys
Old 15-11-2014

So refreshing to read this thread - thank you to the OP for taking the trouble and big up to the shops highlighted.

I've worked in the trade - behind the counter, for a distributor and made countless cups of tea in the process. Its easy to forget that most of the guys in the trade are / were hobbyists themselves and its far more rewarding to get decent service from a knowledgeable retailer than have to buy anonymously from some web facade that originates from anywhere across the globe.

I'd rather buy local and keep my money in the economy. Even if I could 'save' a few scheckles from buying elsewhere.

The only caveat is that the guys behind the counter have got to keep their end of the bargain - friendly, full of advice, competitively priced (not necessarily the cheapest) but with decent stock and support - oh and of course, good cuppas on tap.

There are good local retailers out there - sometimes it seems that they're overlooked and they'll only be missed once they're gone. Lets hope that's not going to be for a very very long time.
Old 15-11-2014

To follow on from the above, I tried to get into the hobby 5 or so yrs ago, and due to a few personal reasons and mainly reading online and buying from Timbuktu I failed to enjoy the hobby as I bought the wrong things and things I didn't need.
Also buying from the cheapest place gives you little help and support.
This time round, I've found a great supplier, whom has helped loads and found good friendly clubs,
So, onwards and upward 😀
Big thanks to Moss models