Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Vintage RC

Old 02-06-2015

Default Just incase

Hi guys,
with the very sad news of jimmy passing away just thought I post where to find the kiwis if oople doesn't continue -which would be a huge shame,
We also frequent a NZ site
RCRacer.co.nz

We have also recently had a vintage section added so if your lost and need somewhere to shoot the s##t come see us there👍

Cheers Adrian
Old 02-06-2015
Awesome Admin

Thanks buddy, it's all a bit up in the air I think with Vicky having more important things to deal with at the min.

I just want to say I don't think this will be the end of oOPle as I don't think jimmy would of wanted that, after all this is he legacy.

I think it's going to take some time to heal and I think we can all fly the flag for him and carry on this great community that he started all those years ago. I for one want it to go from strength to strength and not to fade away.

I know the place isn't going to be the same without him but we can still do him proud.
Old 02-06-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peakey View Post
Thanks buddy, it's all a bit up in the air I think with Vicky having more important things to deal with at the min.

I just want to say I don't think this will be the end of oOPle as I don't think jimmy would of wanted that, after all this is he legacy.

I think it's going to take some time to heal and I think we can all fly the flag for him and carry on this great community that he started all those years ago. I for one want it to go from strength to strength and not to fade away.

I know the place isn't going to be the same without him but we can still do him proud.
Peakey as long as oople's here we'll be here as its personally been 1 of my favourite sites for the last 7 years for 1/8 nitro and resently vintage- you guys have been a huge help with my upcoming projects👍and others that I have put in contact with members from here for there own projects
Cheers
Old 02-06-2015

Oh nooo, this is one of the most terrible news ever in this small RC world!!! Does anyone know what happened?
You will be missed by many Jimmy and I'm afraid you will not be replaceable. So much talent and humor combined in one guy. I really hope this forum will keep on living as his main legacy. Rest in peace Jimmy!
Old 02-06-2015

Agreed, we will all be here. I love this site. Such a great Comunity.
Old 04-06-2015
Mad Member

I love oOple, been on it most days for several years. I'm an oOple addict and it's all thanks to Jimmy making it such a fantastic place to be.
Old 04-06-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo scorpion View Post
Agreed, we will all be here. I love this site. Such a great Comunity.

I agree. I am active on several forums, and what strikes me is the absence of trolls, and/or people that just want to brag to make them look important. I haven't met a member here yet that wasn't friendly. I think that is the true RC spirit.