Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Closed Thread

Old 18-04-2021
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashlandchris View Post
Think you missed the point. BRCA are not suggesting a lower standard than the law, they have decided on a higher standard. Whether you agree or not is beside the point. Their club, their rules
If BRCA were suggesting licking each other’s faces then absolutely law would apply as that is a lower standard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark christopher View Post
afraid its not the end, Only 6 and under are exempt from mask wearing if some one wants to turn up to an organised motorsport event voluntary, those are the rules that member needs to abide to. The BRCA have not made these rules up, the MSUK have not made them up, they have been passed down from the relevant government departments and are the compromise we all have to make.

why am i moron for answering your question? its you who does not like the answer, i just answered it factually. had your example been an adult, same would have applied....

please send a request in to brca.org/contact and i will pass on the relevant person who can fill you in fully, this has been challenged by people far more informed and clever than you.

look forward to your official contact Rob Harris
Official contact been made regarding this issue I expect a full apology from yourself
Old 18-04-2021
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert digler View Post
Official contact been made regarding this issue I expect a full apology from yourself
Also don't talk down me like that your the smartarse who thinks you know everything you really are poorly informed and talking to you in the past very very arrogant just because your an officer of the club and o choose my words very carefully doesn't mean you can be unaccountable trust me your on increadably rocky ground
Old 18-04-2021
Mad Member

Apologise for answering a question you asked with facts

Did you forget to answer my comment or did you shit yourself too much when you realised you were talking bollocks? Wheres my apology due calling me a moron for answering your question with a fact?

Last edited by daz75; 19-04-2021 at 06:51 AM.
Old 19-04-2021
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Just read this thread.
Bringing a child with health problems to a race meeting in a pandemic is not the smartest idea. Especially when claiming mask exemption for said child. Frankly, if you don't want to wear a mask or a person for any reason can't wear a mask, they should not be at the meeting, full stop.
No one wants to wear a mask, but if you want to attend an RC race meeting then you have to, until the BRCA say otherwise. That's fair and all must comply, or just don't attempt to go.

Hopefully the BRCA will read this thread when investigating the complaint, and revoke digler's licence. Or at least give a warning, and make clubs aware.
He would not be welcome to ANY meeting I was running with that attitude towards others, that's for sure.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 19-04-2021
Mad Member

Quote:
The law is the law not your law it's called royal accent if a copper turns up does he ask to read your rulebook
Or does he enforce the law of the common land
I think you might find it is royal assent, the accent is quite different.
And I presume you are deliberately missing the point now? The police enforce the law and if a club was suggesting rules that are a LOWER standard than the law then they will intervene. But if a club decides to have a rule that is a HIGHER standard than the law you then have a choice whether you want to be in that club or not.
Imagine a club that insisted on red trousers being worn. There is no law suggesting this is a legal requirement, but if you turn up in green trousers the club officials say “sorry, this is the red trouser club please wear red trousers or leave”. Involving the police won’t help. The other people at the club probably also don’t like red trousers, but realise that if they want to be in the club then follows the club’s rules.
Neal sums it up very well

Yokomo YZ-2

No 4WD because nothing lives up to my original Optima. Until now maybe?...
Old 19-04-2021

I think regarding the law of the land whilst the law states masks do not need to be worn at certain distances outdoors it doesnt matter to an RC event.

An RC event is a private event held by clubs thus they can mandate masks as condition of entry, thus the UK law will not overturn this as it is a privately run event, its the same as asking for BRCA membership club can ask for it.

It's comparable to when I worked on night club doors, we had no trainers policy and no under 18s policy. The law could mandate the age restriction but nothing to do with the trainers its a condition of entry.
We then upped the entry age to 21 from 18 to try and kerb some trouble makers, again the law was more relaxed than our rules but it was a private venue and up to management.

I am not sure shouting and bawling at ministers or the BRCA will solve it, I cannot see the law interjecting to change any minds (aside from MSUK mandating these rules anyway).

It sucks that you cant bring the kid racing without a mask as everyone should be able to race, but blanketing everyone as brainwashed is not true, none of us like this aggro and hassle but its where we are for now.
Afraid its for the greater good at the moment and I dont think the BRCA are victimising or turning anyone away they are following rules passed down from their governing body to allow events to happen.
Old 20-04-2021
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by welshjames View Post
I think regarding the law of the land whilst the law states masks do not need to be worn at certain distances outdoors it doesnt matter to an RC event.

An RC event is a private event held by clubs thus they can mandate masks as condition of entry, thus the UK law will not overturn this as it is a privately run event, its the same as asking for BRCA membership club can ask for it.

It's comparable to when I worked on night club doors, we had no trainers policy and no under 18s policy. The law could mandate the age restriction but nothing to do with the trainers its a condition of entry.
We then upped the entry age to 21 from 18 to try and kerb some trouble makers, again the law was more relaxed than our rules but it was a private venue and up to management.

I am not sure shouting and bawling at ministers or the BRCA will solve it, I cannot see the law interjecting to change any minds (aside from MSUK mandating these rules anyway).

It sucks that you cant bring the kid racing without a mask as everyone should be able to race, but blanketing everyone as brainwashed is not true, none of us like this aggro and hassle but its where we are for now.
Afraid its for the greater good at the moment and I dont think the BRCA are victimising or turning anyone away they are following rules passed down from their governing body to allow events to happen.
At the advice of the brca I realize they have there hands tied behind there backs and I retract and apologize to all members concerned it was I silly argument which got out totally out of hand
Old 20-04-2021

Pissing in the wind

Last edited by teamorsum96; 20-04-2021 at 05:55 PM.
Old 20-04-2021
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

All the answers are in the thread, and what we all have to do on the brca website.

Last edited by mark christopher; 20-04-2021 at 05:20 PM.
Closed Thread