Below are some of my current (v.old) projects...
Kidderminster 2WD Mini Video - Click Here
Short bit of edited video (to music) from kidderminster national 2005, Using Chris Doughtys vid camera.
Click on the pic to see my NEW sand rail!!!!... gosh!..
Picture below is a 3d design im working on for my next sand rail... rough rider front and rear parts.
Some RC logos
These are all in Adobe Illustrator format, version 3.0 for compatability.
Please note, I'll be updating these and adding more, they are all currently in one illustrator page for ease, if you want em individually just ask.
Mini M03 Steering Repair
I have broken lots of these steering knuckles, theres a significant weak point where the balljoint is, the plastic just twists and snaps off..! no good!!
I realigned a broken knuckle and cut a strip of brass sheet to wrap around the whole arm. I used a glue gun to stick one side of the brass strip, then used a little force to bend the remainder of the strip round the arm.
I filled all the nooks and crannies with glue and drilled a 2mm hole right thru the repaired arm to firmly hold the brass strip in place, hopefully forever!!!
I will do the same to the other side once thats broken! wont be long!! :o) It aint pretty but it works!
Tamiya Sand Scorcher "credit card" repairs
Tamiya Rough Rider Roof Lug Restore!
Tamiya Sand scorcher project... Click for more photos...
|Some of my current body projects, the scorcher on the right and the rough rider in the background still need a little more work to strip them completely, just the really stubborn paint is left...! i have another scorcher and roughrider to start on... my plan is to paint them all together, when i get my airbrush compressor sorted out.|
Woha jimmy, where did you buy all those new scorcher lenses and rear light pods, not to mention number plates??? .... i made em!... yes, my first attempt at moulding, the lights are pretty much perfect when mounted, the rear pods should be pretty good when trimmed and the number plates also....
I used an silicone rtv rubber for all the moulds, clear resin for the lenses and alumilite liquid plastic juice for the white parts...
I found a nice way of de-airing the casting juices, microwave em!!!!!!!!!! it really made a difference to the clear resin especially, took almost all the bubbles out and made the curing process much quicker.. the alumilite white plastic was a little harder to use when microwaved, it was a 30 second gap between mixing the 2 parts and it getting to a point where it was too thick to pour proerly!!!!!!!!!!
Click the oople.com logo ^ to go back to my RC page.