PDA

View Full Version : Kyosho RB6 thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

DaSloth
10-09-2012, 04:57 PM
Hi all,

Suprised no one else has started this one yet, but hopefully we can all share helpful info and tips on the new RB6. Any pics would also be nice, so ill start us off!

DaSloth
10-09-2012, 07:18 PM
and some on the inside...not quite how the manual says but im experimenting :)

RogerM
11-09-2012, 07:14 AM
Give it time Ian, most people will only have their first possible oppertunity to open the box this evening. Hoping mine lands tonight it's "on vehicle for delivery today" :)

reg
11-09-2012, 07:22 AM
Give it time Ian, most people will only have their first possible oppertunity to open the box this evening. Hoping mine lands tonight it's "on vehicle for delivery today" :)

Mine to:woot: but i cant have it till my birthday:cry:

Highjumper
13-09-2012, 10:17 AM
The Car is Great! Here a Setup from the German Naionals

i have all Electric made in the Front! And the Saddle Packs in the REAR!!

Greets Kim

Highjumper
13-09-2012, 10:21 AM
Here is it!

Neil Skull
13-09-2012, 12:05 PM
Thanks Kim,
And thanks to us for getting you the cars in time ;-)

Highjumper
13-09-2012, 12:40 PM
Yes, it was pefekt! Friday 15.00 PM came the Packet! Builded ready Saurday morging! :-) Just in TIME!

Thank you very much!

Kim

The Chef
14-09-2012, 09:33 PM
There appears to be 0 droop on the front is that correct the best is level wishbones is this right, or have I done something wrong.?

mikeyscott
14-09-2012, 09:38 PM
There appears to be 0 droop on the front is that correct the best is level wishbones is this right, or have I done something wrong.?

Kev has a setup posted on FB which has shock lengths and ends etc I believe.

The Chef
14-09-2012, 09:53 PM
I've got Tony's set up.. And flat wishbones at best.

InsideLineModels
14-09-2012, 10:04 PM

Sounds like something's wrong. I think I have about 2 threads showing on the shock shaft.

Did you use the short ball cups on tree, or the medium length ones in the pack?

Have a look here https://www.facebook.com/insidelineracing

Kev

The Chef
15-09-2012, 06:05 AM
I used Short from the tree my Goggle eyes must have been getting tired, it should have been long! it was getting late.:o

InsideLineModels
15-09-2012, 06:51 AM
I think the manual says medium front and long rear. At least that's what I have on my car. I'll take a look Sunday if you like.

RudeTony
15-09-2012, 06:59 AM

Hi K

Medium ball studs on the front mate and I have fitted long on the rear for some extra droop.
Remember the rear you have to take a line from the outer pin to judge the droop.
Come and see us first thing and all will be well........ oh! mine is with 2 sugars please - LOL

RudeTony
15-09-2012, 07:12 AM

I've screwed up on the set up sheet - I have my ball studs on the shocks the other way round - apologies to everyone

Long rear - medium fronts is correct

The Chef
15-09-2012, 08:03 AM
Thank you guys.

Do the long ones come in the kit?

DaSloth
15-09-2012, 09:19 AM
yes they do, you get short, medium and long

tyreman
15-09-2012, 09:47 AM
Thank you guys.

Do the long ones come in the kit?

They come in a seperate bag with the screws, not off the parts tree.

The Chef
15-09-2012, 02:00 PM
Heres mine. Looking forward to using it tomorrow.

mikeyscott
15-09-2012, 05:19 PM
Getting really tempted with the RB6 after having a good look at Tony and Steve's cars.

I'm leaning towards using a Tekin RS Pro in it due to the size compare with my Orion R10.

Certainly interested to see how many RB6s are out there and how many of the fast boys have changed etc.

Although do really like the DB1 - just need a dirt track built in the South!

The Chef
16-09-2012, 12:39 AM
Here is my RB6 painted and ready for the Apex GP!:D

RogerM
16-09-2012, 10:19 AM
Still waiting for the proper shell to come back so no pics of mine yet.

I have run it a few times now and it's brilliant.

Mikey, my R10 looks right at home there and the install is super tidy .. I will post up a blury pic in a bit

Pics added, I think you have to do a tiny bit of cutting on the rear battery retaining plate if you want to run the fan on the R10 but that is all.

R10 capacitor on off-side of chassis, the MRT PTX will fit in front of it once I get hold of it.
In the near side, front to back,Spektrum 3500 Rx, glitch buster, R10 switch.

I think it's all in tidy enough and it lets you run the cell options the manual forgets to mention, T-saddle and shorty right forward ... for those were massive steering isn't enough ;)

JustARcFan
16-09-2012, 10:33 AM
Interesting, how does it compare with the DB1?

Mikey, my R10 looks right at home there and the install is super tidy .. I will post up a blury pic in a bit

mikeyscott
16-09-2012, 01:11 PM

lol. Well I need to decide whether to order or not first really before thinking about electrics.

It'll be
Sanwa 451 RX
Orion or SP 8.5 motor
Orion R10 or Tekin RS Pro ESC
Savox 1257 servo or Orion Low Profile.

If I ordered one I would still keep the DB1 and all installed ready to roll

Raphalite
16-09-2012, 07:19 PM
Thought I'd share images of an R10 instal which as said earlier ''looks right at home'' in there.

Big thanks to Kev Lee for his help, cannot wait to get her rolling.

Anyone else suffering from the ankerman catching slightly on the chassis? Had another front end rebuild today and may have to pull out the dremel, any ideas before I start to butcher.

Look forward to seeing other examples and the success stories surrounding them.

Glenn

The Chef
16-09-2012, 07:26 PM
Did you get a seperate sheet in your kit highliting some bits of the front bulkhead to remove?

Raphalite
16-09-2012, 07:36 PM
Did you get a seperate sheet in your kit highliting some bits of the front bulkhead to remove?

Ah ha! I'll confess I've been referring to the manual. Cheers! I'll have another look.

RogerM
17-09-2012, 11:23 AM
Just been asked to repost as I added the pictures to post #23 above and some people just jump straight to new posts .. Hope the instal helps others :)

Matt Butcher
17-09-2012, 11:35 AM
Do the new shock caps make the shocks feel different over the older style? Also can the RB6 rear arms be fitted onto the back of a ZX5 FS2 SP instead of using/buying the NCG arm conversion thingymebob to save a few ££'s and give the same effect?

JustARcFan
17-09-2012, 11:42 AM
Very curious how the RB6 compares with the DB1!

Any feedback from those that have the privilege to own both? :D

Andyp
17-09-2012, 11:49 AM
Do the new shock caps make the shocks feel different over the older style? Also can the RB6 rear arms be fitted onto the back of a ZX5 FS2 SP instead of using/buying the NCG arm conversion thingymebob to save a few ££'s and give the same effect?

As far as I am aware, this is the whole idea of the new arm, its the same as the NGC but without all the extra bits.

Andyp
17-09-2012, 12:14 PM
Some pics ......

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s504/andypeao/a4d28783c518baa9f5e006eaa7b45e12.jpg

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s504/andypeao/1e2b0acf6c8bf1e8085cac026046978f.jpg

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s504/andypeao/3ee3d7e7c30fd462299f0a963893f822.jpg

Raphalite
17-09-2012, 01:16 PM
Hi Roger, your R10 instal is very, very tidy. Do you choose not to use the fan, or have you squeezed it in somewhere else, seeing the top of the R10's heat sink looks the biz by comparision to a plastic fan.

Thanks for sharing the images, the've made me re-think the ESC rotation, as I have the wires stretching from right to left over the diff, which causes a very slight distortion to the shell.

Raphalite
17-09-2012, 04:57 PM
Noting from the uploads of completed cars so far, I see no one including myself has used the dedicated cable management channels built into the side skirts.

Theres a squared off entry hole in each side skirt towards the front linking to another at the rear. Not large enough for a plug to be pulled through, but supposedly large enough for a cable to be contained. I just couldn't squeeze my cables in which was a shame, but will have another go when I get the time and am less frantic to complete the build.

Has anyone had any joy, or have I just dream't this slick feature up??

mikeyscott
17-09-2012, 05:00 PM
Some pics ......

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s504/andypeao/a4d28783c518baa9f5e006eaa7b45e12.jpg

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s504/andypeao/1e2b0acf6c8bf1e8085cac026046978f.jpg

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s504/andypeao/3ee3d7e7c30fd462299f0a963893f822.jpg

Now that is very nice!

Andyp
17-09-2012, 05:44 PM
Noting from the uploads of completed cars so far, I see no one including myself has used the dedicated cable management channels built into the side skirts.

Theres a squared off entry hole in each side skirt towards the front linking to another at the rear. Not large enough for a plug to be pulled through, but supposedly large enough for a cable to be contained. I just couldn't squeeze my cables in which was a shame, but will have another go when I get the time and am less frantic to complete the build.

I did try to use these but with having my RX half way down the side pod it didn't really work for me.

Now that is very nice!

Cheers Mike :thumbsup:

RogerM
17-09-2012, 06:09 PM
Do you choose not to use the fan, or have you squeezed it in somewhere else, seeing the top of the R10's heat sink looks the biz by comparision to a plastic fan.

I'm only currently running an Orion 8.5VST in there so no need for the extra cooling.

If you want to run the fan you just need to take a small amount of material off the plate the battery strap sits under, a 2 minute job.

The Chef
17-09-2012, 06:27 PM

I got mine in after running a blade up the channel a couple of times it all fitted Nicly.

njc11
17-09-2012, 06:50 PM
Andy...

Looking good pal!

:)

Raphalite
17-09-2012, 08:46 PM
I'm only currently running an Orion 8.5VST in there so no need for the extra cooling.

If you want to run the fan you just need to take a small amount of material off the plate the battery strap sits under, a 2 minute job.

Thanks Roger, I did end up having to dremel that plate to suit fan profile in the end. Would you run a fan with a 7.5VST? I may consider experimenting with the layout that's all, but have no previous experience of running R10 pro 2-3s ESc.

The Chef, thanks man! I'll give that a try and prod with a flat blade to get it in the mood. :)

jampat2004
18-09-2012, 08:41 PM
hi
currently enjoying building my rb 6 but could fellow kyosho rb 6 builders share there shock set ups.
i want to try the kit pistons but not sure what weight oils to use,and also spring choices as well.
the car will only be used on the indoors for now as dont want to dirty her lol.:woot:
many thanks jamie

InsideLineModels
19-09-2012, 09:03 AM
Hi Jamie,

I'm using standard pistons with 500cst front and 300 rear. Orange springs up front and red rear.

I have posted my setup in the photo album section on our Facebook page. The Apex gp would be the best one to use. www.facebook.com/insidelineracing

Cheers
Kev

delanobe
19-09-2012, 10:07 AM
Hi Kev,

How is the RB6 compared with the DB1?
Could you share some info on this?

Thanks

RogerM
19-09-2012, 11:11 AM
Kev Lee has been running 500cst front / orange spring & 300cst with kit red springs on the rear.

I built mine with Nick Gurnells excellent tapered pistons from the off, I've arrived at 5x1.25 / 40wt AE / Orange front and 5x1.3 / 30wt AE / Kit red rears. You have to remember that with a tapered piston you will want a little smaller in hole size than a plain piston due to the less resistance to flow between piston and body due to the shorter depth of the at the outside diameter.

InsideLineModels
19-09-2012, 11:42 AM
Hi Kev,

How is the RB6 compared with the DB1?
Could you share some info on this?

Thanks

The DB1 and RB6 are both fantastic cars. I guess as with any chassis comparison, each one will excel*depending on the different tracks/surface etc. I think as has been proved there isn't much that is better than the DB1 on high grip. Saying that, both times I have used the RB6 on high grip it's been awesome.

It's too early to say which is better, and that will probably never be answered to be honest as everyone is different, and everyone has different requirements from their car. What I am happy about is that Kyosho have two of the best 2WDs available.

Kev

reg
19-09-2012, 08:27 PM
Kev Lee has been running 500cst front / orange spring & 300cst with kit red springs on the rear.

I built mine with Nick Gurnells excellent tapered pistons from the off, I've arrived at 5x1.25 / 40wt AE / Orange front and 5x1.3 / 30wt AE / Kit red rears. You have to remember that with a tapered piston you will want a little smaller in hole size than a plain piston due to the less resistance to flow between piston and body due to the shorter depth of the at the outside diameter.

Hi Roger,are you still in RM or have you changed it MM?

Mars
19-09-2012, 09:15 PM
Hi Kev,

what shocks oil brand are you using?
Thanks.

Adam F
19-09-2012, 09:46 PM
Kev's quoting Core oils.. you can buy them from inside line..

RogerM
20-09-2012, 06:13 AM
I built my car MM but built up a RM gearbox assembly at the same time so I could swap between the two quickly.
I tried mine in RM when I went to a soaking wet Kidderminster to see the difference just swapping layout made .... there were no setup changes other than correcting ride height (car is cleverly designed so you don't even need to get the camper gauge out!

Car was easier to drive in slick conditions in RM but once you got you driving adjusted was just about the same pace in MM. Can change between the two in 5 mins so long as you have the soldering iron warming as you pick up the driver :)

All other running has been MM.

jampat2004
20-09-2012, 09:19 AM
Hi Jamie,

I'm using standard pistons with 500cst front and 300 rear. Orange springs up front and red rear.

I have posted my setup in the photo album section on our Facebook page. The Apex gp would be the best one to use. www.facebook.com/insidelineracing

Cheers
Kev
Thanks for reply kev
Not used the core oils before have got a full range of ae oils so will be using those.
U say your using 500 and 300 cst weight oils what weight fo these oils compare to if im using the ae weight oils.
Cheers jamie

RogerM
20-09-2012, 11:31 AM
Jamie, careful here as I have had this when I tried matching Kev's setups with AE oils.

AE oils have a CST number on them now as well as a wt number BUT comparing like for like I think that you should go for the "round the value up" rather than "round the value down" approach as the AE oils seem a bit lighter below 30wt and a bit heavier above when compared CST vlaues with the CORE CST values.

As an approximation I would suggest CORE 500CST ~ 40wt AE and CORE 300CST ~27.5wt AE ... should give you a starting point

reg
20-09-2012, 02:29 PM
Im running 25 front kickup with the 1mm shim,
what would 25 without it do
30 with it and with out it

also,it looks like in the manual,it says in rm,to get more slip angle on the rear,add a bigger shim under the shock tower,not the hinge pin holder,is that the same as adding washers to the inside ball studs or have i got that wrong?

RogerM
20-09-2012, 06:05 PM
OK .. from the top else I'll miss something!!

The shims were originally intended to adjust the hinge pin height when you reversed the front arm mount to change the kick up (and thus total castor) as doing so changes the hinge pin height at its center relative to the chassis.

So for hinge pin height

25deg +0.5 shim = 30deg +1mm shim
25deg + no shim = 30deg +0.5mm shim etc etc

Changing the hinge pin height relative to the chassis moves the roll center of that axle relative to the height of the mass acting on that axle ... same rules as always, further the roll center is from the height of the mass the more affect the mass will have (i.e. try to roll the car more as it moves).
A bit too complicated a topic to discuss in the time I have tonight but in essence if your happy with 25deg +1mm shim but want to try 30deg then you should bolt in both the shims to give 1.5mm and thus the same hinge pin height.

Remember that more castor gives you more through and out of a corner but less bite in ... less castor the opposite.
Now with the RB6 we have two potential castor adjustments, castor inserts which just affect castor, and the hinge pin block which affects both castor and kick-up at the same time (kick-up + castor insert = total castor).
Kick-up works a little like anti-squat but at the front of the car. By that I mean it affects the way the weight transfers around. In the case of kick-up if mainly affects 2 things;

1) the way in which weight transfers forward under breaking (more kick up = more weight transferred forward)
2) the way in which the front of a car goes over sharp bumps / rides up ramp faces (more kick-up allows the impact to be absorbed by the suspension more but results in a loss of ride height ... on steep ramps this means the front of the chassis may bottom unsettling the car ... less kick-up would mean less absorbed by the suspension, less ride height change but in extreme cases the front of the car could be thrown up and the front wheels become unloaded)

With the RB6 having both kick-up and castor inserts you can see the potential for tuning castor and kick-up independently for example;

25 deg kick-up + 4deg castor insert = 29deg total castor
30 deg kick-up + 0deg castor insert = 30deg total castor

These would feel fairly similar to drive so long as the track was flat and didn't have any big breaking zones but different if bumpy/big jumps and big stops.

I would suggest, to start with at least, that you play with the kick-up and castor inserts separately.

I built my car with 30deg + 0deg but might well find that 25deg + 4deg might suit my driving style better ... time will tell.

"slip angle" or anti-squat on the rear. What they are actually saying is the options are; a) 1mm shim - rear hinge pin block - bulkhead = minimum anti-squat
b) rear hinge pin block - 1mm shim - bulkhead = maximum anti-squat
c) 0.5 shim -hinge block -0.5 shim - bulkhead = medium anti-squat

Based on experience with Scorpion I have built my RB6 with option b) and added a 1mm shim under the RF2 forward hinge pin block to gain even more anti-squat.

Remember that the rear anti-squat adjustment potentially affects the hinge pin height in the same way as we discussed with the kick-up plate ... the correct way to make a 1mm change to anti-squat is to move 0.5 from under one block to above the other / remove it.

I hope that helps a bit and wasn't too confusing an explanation!!

reg
20-09-2012, 06:59 PM
Good lord :woot:

shark
20-09-2012, 07:02 PM
Sorted now then Mark :thumbsup:

RogerM
21-09-2012, 11:25 AM
hahaha ... yes, I can see that might be a little overwhelming as an answer :)

I don't like to say "do this, don't worry about why" as it doesn't help people learn.

Keep firing the questions, even if they are questions about my answers to previous questions which raised some more questions which need answers ;)

The Chef
24-09-2012, 12:11 PM
Ran mine for the first time properly this weekend and I have to say this far OT is fantastic. I'm so much faster with to than the Vega, I can push in corners and keep power on where I never could before.

Top job looking forward to going inside with it.

reg
24-09-2012, 07:28 PM
chef could you post your full setup plz.including what battery layout,i ran mine at rhr dirty weekend,i wont be doing that again:cry:.......but iv ticked a box:)
cheers

Hpi_guy
24-09-2012, 07:59 PM
what happened to it mark??

reg
24-09-2012, 08:04 PM
what happened to it mark??

I got clay on it:)

The Chef
24-09-2012, 08:20 PM
Here is my set up for what it is worth i'm still learning the sheets.

bigred5765
24-09-2012, 08:27 PM
Here is my set up for what it is worth i'm still learning the sheets.
mate its that small i can even read it

reg
24-09-2012, 08:31 PM
forgive me for being a PC numpty:blush: its a bit small

The Chef
24-09-2012, 08:52 PM
How do I reduce the size of a PDF it is 300KB too big.

bigred5765
24-09-2012, 08:54 PM
file, save as, reduced size pdf, max, or save as jpeg itll give you mb size size as close to jimmys limit as you can

The Chef
24-09-2012, 09:19 PM
"I canny do it Captain".

bigred5765
24-09-2012, 09:24 PM
pm sent

The Chef
24-09-2012, 09:27 PM
Not arrived as yet.

bigred5765
24-09-2012, 09:59 PM
emailed you as well hotmail addy

NitroArgi
26-09-2012, 06:21 AM
Hey guys

quick question for those who already have the new car...does the bodyshell requires more cut when running mid motor or it is designed to accommodate both configurations without mods?

The reason I am asking is because I will run 95% rear motor in our home tracks but I also want to test mid motor in a new low traction atroturf track...if I have to cut the body more than is rewuired for RM I may not even try it

Thank you in advance
Argi

reg
26-09-2012, 06:27 AM
you need to take some out for the MM,around the gear cover,not sure if its a bit shorter to,

RogerM
26-09-2012, 06:31 AM
Mm leaves the body longer but does remove a little extra for gear cover clearance. I have mine cut to run either

NitroArgi
26-09-2012, 06:59 AM
Mm leaves the body longer but does remove a little extra for gear cover clearance. I have mine cut to run either

Hello Roger...

So you are saying that I cut the body a little shorter for MM use that will leave some space when running RM any pics?

RogerM
26-09-2012, 11:28 AM
Have a look at the manual online ... shows it fairly well in there.

Mr Eccleston
27-09-2012, 09:56 AM
quick question hopefully, is there a metal upgrade for the RR hing pin holder (128) in mid motor config, according to the manual its UMW515GM that replaces 51 & 128 but that has to be wrong.

InsideLineModels
27-09-2012, 10:37 AM
quick question hopefully, is there a metal upgrade for the RR hing pin holder (128) in mid motor config, according to the manual its UMW515GM that replaces 51 & 128 but that has to be wrong.

There is no alloy option at the moment, but the plastic ones are much stronger than the RB5 equivalents. I've not managed to break one yet despite my best efforts!

mikeyscott
27-09-2012, 10:49 AM
Which is great as it keeps costs down :)

RogerM
27-09-2012, 11:38 AM
The RR holder has won a fight with a wall tugging on a wheel at full speed ... 2 things learned ... 1) that part is really strong 2) my mate really can't drive!!!!

t8rtot
28-09-2012, 01:58 PM
No pictures guys?

brooksy
28-09-2012, 04:35 PM
Yeah,come on guys lets see some piccys with the shell on and off mm and rm.:)

fastfilli
28-09-2012, 05:42 PM
What are the hole sizes for the standard 5 hole piston for RB6 ?

please :)

BloodClod
28-09-2012, 06:17 PM
Ran mine for the first time today... felt good!

http://www.cool.per.sg/external_links/rb6/rb6_01.jpg

DeMogoobra
28-09-2012, 07:38 PM
Nice car this Rb6:)

Makes me think of when a Zx-6 will arrive ;)

reg
28-09-2012, 10:40 PM
http://www.oople.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=666&pictureid=5489

deepdale11
29-09-2012, 06:12 AM
http://www.oople.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=666&pictureid=5489

:wub:wub:wub:wub........BANG TIDY!!!!

Adam F
29-09-2012, 07:18 AM
Looks awesome mate! Who painted it?

brooksy
29-09-2012, 10:33 AM
Looking good:). Any body off shots to see what they look like with all the radio gear in and how it all fits?.

reg
29-09-2012, 12:11 PM
thanks chaps,jon miller did it,

iv only got a low profile servo and micro rec at the min,i had my sxx in it,you do need to use the thin tape that comes in the kit as its to tall if you use thick stuff,im looking for some thing else as thats gone in my GT1 car,

Arn0
29-09-2012, 01:26 PM
Looking good:). Any body off shots to see what they look like with all the radio gear in and how it all fits?.

Something like that (link) (http://www.petitrc.com/setup/kyosho/setuprb6/RB6_ElectronicsSetup/)

bigred5765
29-09-2012, 03:18 PM
here's Matty's new toy
made some under battery weights that fit in the slots, and upgraded the front brace, as the original is made of toffee,o added a sexy chassis protector,:)

mikeyscott
29-09-2012, 03:26 PM
V Nice

Nice chassis protection and interesting spot for the RX. I'd heard that the body doesn't fit with it there, but....

I keep meaning to apply that stuff to my DB1, who easy is it to do?

bigred5765
29-09-2012, 04:20 PM
very easy, clean with motor cleaner the start from a square edge,

mikeyscott
29-09-2012, 05:14 PM
very easy, clean with motor cleaner the start from a square edge,

You can wrap it round can't you?

Certainly something I'd consider if I had a RB6 etc

reg
29-09-2012, 07:51 PM
Are the ali rear hubs for the RB5 the same as the RB6,

brooksy
29-09-2012, 08:16 PM
Something like that (link) (http://www.petitrc.com/setup/kyosho/setuprb6/RB6_ElectronicsSetup/)

That's the one!. Looks like you have to keep the wiring tidy in there. Looks like a very nice car though. Hopefully I'll get to see one at Worksop in a couple of weeks time.

Andyp
29-09-2012, 10:20 PM
Are the ali rear hubs for the RB5 the same as the RB6,

Sure are

adam_u
29-09-2012, 10:28 PM
No body shots yet as I need to find the time to paint next week :woot: - this is my first new 2wd car since my Cougar 2000 in about '92(!?) The build was a pleasure, but does seem to have taken me a while...down to me though, not the kit!

A bit of a change from the usual Orion speedo - happy to say the hobbywing 1S fits in there a treat, with a slight removal of material off the motor guard to clear the heatsink fins - it should also be possible to run the fan with the usual mods to the battery strap retainer plate - only running an 8.5 so should be fine without fan for now though :D

Added some 2.5mm bullet connectors in to the motor leads and planning on making up some extensions to put in to allow me to run rear motor for those wet days next summer :lol:

Also gone for some clear 'helicopter tape' to provide some protection to the chassis, bit pricey but hopefully will do the job - available on ebay (of course)

Now time to get it dirty :cry:

mikeyscott
29-09-2012, 10:40 PM
Nice :)

All these RB6s, noo! Must NOT get one!

Timee80
29-09-2012, 10:43 PM
That's the one!. Looks like you have to keep the wiring tidy in there. Looks like a very nice car though. Hopefully I'll get to see one at Worksop in a couple of weeks time.

You feeling the urge mate? does the mrs know??????????????

adam_u
29-09-2012, 10:44 PM
Nice :)

All these RB6s, noo! Must NOT get one!

That's what I kept telling myself too, before seeing how well they went round TORCH last weekend! :p

mikeyscott
29-09-2012, 10:52 PM
That's what I kept telling myself too, before seeing how well they went round TORCH last weekend! :p

LOL they did go well there too as did the DB1s ;) - mine, nothing wrong with the car, just lacking skills!

A final had 1 x RB6 and 1 x DB1
B final had 1 x RB6 and 1 x DB1

Have to say there were a lot of Kyosho cars at TORCH, Vega, DB1 and RB6 :D

adam_u
30-09-2012, 06:10 AM
Agreed, there were loads! it was good to see so many k cars at a meeting :D

brooksy
30-09-2012, 07:42 AM
You feeling the urge mate? does the mrs know??????????????

I tell the mrs nothing:woot:. You never know Tim,I've yet to run the 210 indoors as you know,but if it goes aswell as it does outdoors ill be sticking with it.

The RB6 is a nice piece of kit though and I do like the kyosho cars!.

InsideLineModels
30-09-2012, 05:53 PM
Here's mine, thanks the Jon Miller RCS Graphicworx for the paint!

Kev

http://www.the-pred.co.uk/Kyosho/Car Pictures/RB6/image1.jpeg

http://www.the-pred.co.uk/Kyosho/Car Pictures/RB6/image.jpeg

danmurphy
30-09-2012, 07:53 PM

Kev

:drool: I want one

Right... I'm off to rob a bank :D Gonna need it :thumbsup:

mikeyscott
30-09-2012, 08:02 PM

Kev

Very nice Kev,

brooksy
30-09-2012, 09:12 PM
Yeah,come on guys lets see some piccys with the shell on and off mm and rm.:)

Wish I'd said nowt now!. Kev,if I give you my car could you fit the electrics like yours?:drool:

Think my heads starting to turn,must resist,turn away,don't look. :woot:

njc11
30-09-2012, 10:10 PM
Here's mine... Done at last, well almost lol!!

I've used the channels under the side pods to hide wiring etc, took ages
to do but worth it I think :)

reg
30-09-2012, 10:23 PM
if that doesnt give Brooksy the push he needs nothing will:woot:

nearly ready for worksop nick :)

Rich D
30-09-2012, 10:29 PM

Kev

Here's mine... Done at last, well almost lol!!

I've used the channels under the side pods to hide wiring etc, took ages
to do but worth it I think :)

Looking good boys !

jampat2004
30-09-2012, 11:54 PM
Just finished off over wk end has taken me a while especially the wiring this took ages to get nice and neat.
Have enjoyed building her just hopes she rides well lol :p

brooksy
01-10-2012, 07:59 AM
if that doesnt give Brooksy the push he needs nothing will:woot:

nearly ready for worksop nick :)

Got to see one running first,could be the new ride for the outdoor season next year!!!. I'll have to start saving now.

Neil Skull
03-10-2012, 08:27 AM
Went for the stealth look!

njc11
03-10-2012, 01:06 PM
A better one... more to follow! cheers Ry :)

JustARcFan
03-10-2012, 01:24 PM
Very tidy!

Honeybadger
03-10-2012, 03:17 PM
These look fantastic!

njc11
03-10-2012, 03:19 PM
Inside the car.. cheers again Ry.. :)

JustARcFan
03-10-2012, 03:37 PM
Question about the set up sheet.

What does block position mean?

TIA

t8rtot
05-10-2012, 05:01 PM
I'm disappointed in the lack of updates pics.. Just stared my build last night. I guess someone had to do it

reg
05-10-2012, 05:03 PM
im going to be running a 13,5 thunder power,what pinion would you say as a good starting point,
just a quick pic of the inside :woot:
thanks
http://www.oople.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=666&pictureid=5535

Danny McGee
10-10-2012, 02:27 PM
You could have finished building it first :)

You missed a screw in the front upper bulkhead thingy? :)

Here's mine, thanks the Jon Miller RCS

Graphicworx for the paint!

Kev

InsideLineModels
10-10-2012, 05:17 PM
You could have finished building it first :)

You missed a screw in the front upper bulkhead thingy? :)

Really? I can't see anything missing ;)

RudeTony
10-10-2012, 05:23 PM

LOL at you two - if its missing then for Gods sake don't put it in as it goes good as it is - LOL

brooksy
10-10-2012, 07:00 PM
Second picture(lid off),screw missing on front bulkhead. Nose of shell covers it up when you fit it:)

Adam F
10-10-2012, 07:48 PM
Nah... there isn't a screw in there... its the LH shock nut playing tricks...

reg
10-10-2012, 08:38 PM

:lol:

danmurphy
10-10-2012, 08:45 PM
Second picture(lid off),screw missing on front bulkhead. Nose of shell covers it up when you fit it:)

:lol:Hilarious! Screw or no screw it looked solid enough even after it being thrown around in the final at silverstone last week :thumbsup:

What colour/rating are the front and rear springs as included with the kit?

Matt Butcher
11-10-2012, 02:38 PM
:lol:Hilarious! Screw or no screw it looked solid enough even after it being thrown around in the final at silverstone last week :thumbsup:

What colour/rating are the front and rear springs as included with the kit?

Pink fronts, Red Rears

danmurphy
11-10-2012, 05:44 PM
[QUOTE=Matt Butcher;702907]Pink fronts, Red Rears[/QUOTE

Thanks Matt

tyreman
11-10-2012, 07:47 PM

Someone's changed the picture:lol:

etian
12-10-2012, 02:29 PM
http://www.kyosho.fr/images/IMG_0937.jpg

Neil Skull
12-10-2012, 03:16 PM
Nice:)

mikeyscott
12-10-2012, 05:13 PM
V nice.

Honeybadger
12-10-2012, 05:38 PM
I´m loving these...

And the fact that the car seems to replace missing screws by magic I´ve had to order one.

:D

tomtom
13-10-2012, 11:43 AM
I've got a question for you guys.

On Tony and Kev setup sheets no shims were used under the FR and RR blocks but these didn't show what shim to use between the RR block and the rear bulkhead (0.5 and 1mm supplied in the kit.

Also did you use 25 deg on the front (where we mostly use 30 on RB5 based car) ?

Last one about front inserts on steering blocks (A0/B0). Did you put them from the front or from the rear (in or out).

First race and first run Sunday!

So far it seems amazing, awesome build quality, especially regarding slope and firments of parts.

njc11
15-10-2012, 12:03 PM
Ran my RB6 for the first time yesterday at Worksop Indoors... what can i say.. awesome car!!

The car is so well balanced and easy to drive.. considering i have never driven it before i was more than happy with my result :)

This was run totally kit apart from the SP motor plate and ally rear hubs.. also changed springs..

Anyone wanting a set up sheet please send me a PM

Nick

mikeyscott
15-10-2012, 01:03 PM
Hi Nick,

What's different re SP motor plate?

Mike

tomtom
15-10-2012, 01:44 PM
Blue color ?

njc11
15-10-2012, 01:45 PM
The plate is thicker... so better / more thread available to secure the motor plate/gearbox fixing screws..

UMW509GM

RudeTony
15-10-2012, 02:03 PM
Ran my RB6 for the first time yesterday at Worksop Indoors... what can i say.. awesome car!!

The car is so well balanced and easy to drive.. considering i have never driven it before i was more than happy with my result :)

This was run totally kit apart from the SP motor plate and ally rear hubs.. also changed springs..

Nick

Post your set up here Nick

Matt Butcher
15-10-2012, 03:41 PM
Finished mine today, went together well and ready for its first outing at offroadwars this weekend :)

shark
15-10-2012, 03:45 PM
That is mint :thumbsup:
Who did your paint ?

Matt Butcher
15-10-2012, 03:47 PM
That is mint :thumbsup:
Who did your paint ?

Everything is done by my fair hands! ;)

RogerM
15-10-2012, 04:17 PM
At the weekend I tried the cells back as far as they would go and the ESC in front. All I will say is that I'll never be running the car in that configuration again as is seemed to lose the awesome balance and composure of the standard configuration.

Not saying it won't work for some but both Adam U and I found the same thing.

sime46
15-10-2012, 04:36 PM
Loving those stickers. Very nice looking RB6!:thumbsup:

Rich D
15-10-2012, 05:11 PM

Nick

Cheers for the test drive Nick, i liked it a lot. Loads of steering around the fast sweeper.

mikeyscott
15-10-2012, 05:48 PM
Finished mine today, went together well and ready for its first outing at offroadwars this weekend :)

Superb as ever Matt

hazeandfizz
15-10-2012, 08:50 PM
Here's mine and what a cracking car. Ran it for the 1st time at Silverstone Astro Masters and found it so easy to drive. Copied Kev Lee's setup and I'm very impressed with the balance of the car, so much steering but no snatch on entry.

Things I seem to have done differently compared to everyone else is mount the battery strap backwards to clear ESC wires and mount batteries opposed. I've done this as the terminal end is much lighter, this way it should balance the car left to right.

Thanks to Blitz for the paint work,

James.

mikeyscott
15-10-2012, 09:38 PM
Looking good James, I'll bring some stickers Saturday ;)

Hope to have new design soon.

I think I put a pit too much orange on them!

njc11
15-10-2012, 09:52 PM
Set up sheet emailed to Arno @ Petit.. so should be up there very soon!
:thumbsup:

Here you go here is the link....

http://www.petitrc.com/setup/kyosho/setuprb6/RB6_NickCaro_WorksopIndoorsRd120121014.pdf

jampat2004
19-10-2012, 11:12 PM
finished rb6.paint by mr miller :thumbsup:

Raphalite
20-10-2012, 01:53 PM
Looks ace Jampat.

Heres yet another of Jon masterpieces which arrived yesterday in the post. I have been toying with a slightly revised internal layout too, to accommodate transponder.

I have one query if anyone can help?

I have centred the servo and triple checked all the rods so that they are all equal (21mm) and yet still have a car which is driving right. I have adjusted the sub trim to resolve, just not feeling brilliant about it being L24, which to me seems way out.

Is it as simple as adjusting and adding length to the small ball link from the horn to steering assembly to help minimise this?

jampat2004
20-10-2012, 04:04 PM
Thanks for comment raphalite.I had to mess with the servo horn ball linkage tried a few different lengths till I was happy I was getting full lock each way.

Few more pics,inside

danmurphy
22-10-2012, 07:36 AM
Thinking of ordering an RB6 very soon and I was wondering if anyone had anymore feedback on the car running on outdoor tracks. Is it neccessary to run any weights? How does the car go on wet low grip tracks as standard?

Skye
22-10-2012, 09:52 AM
Thinking of ordering an RB6 very soon and I was wondering if anyone had anymore feedback on the car running on outdoor tracks. Is it neccessary to run any weights? How does the car go on wet low grip tracks as standard?

I've never laid my hands on one personally but was at Stotfold yesterday where the track was wet and very slippery and slimy. Kev Lee was racing and TQ'd two rounds and took the overall victory so it cant be half bad!

If you are on Facebook and like his page on there then he has posted his set ups from yesterday. :thumbsup:

RogerM
22-10-2012, 11:29 AM
Yes, just play with the servo to bell crank link length and all will be good, also make sure that link is perpendicular to the bell cranks at striaght ahead, I had to add a 1mm spacer to mine as my Futaba BLS551 servo is shorter than anything listed in the manual.

Not put any extra weights in as yet and probably won't either as the car is very responsive to setup changes so can be made to work well everywhere (wish I could drive as well as the RB6 goes). Only time I would consider weight is on a rutty track where it might help settle the car a little.

My car was brilliant in the slippery conditions at Kidderminster yesterday, I definitely under performed the chassis.
The car was stable, easy to get on the power and held her line through the corners really well ... I was just driving far to cautiously and could have been pushing much harder it seems.

bigred5765
22-10-2012, 12:05 PM
Had a great day with mattys car yesturday at chadderton
qualified 4th in the a final finished 2nd overall, Car was pretty good all day
loads of grip even on med low grip bits,
set up sheets online if anyone wants to take a look
http://www.petitrc.com/setup/kyosho/setuprb6/RB6_MatthewLatham_ChaddertonIndoors20121021.pdf
More here and more to come
http://bigredlidz.weebly.com/setups--downloads.html

Raphalite
22-10-2012, 09:16 PM
http://www.area52.cc/build-blog/2914-kyosho-rb6-2wd-kit.html

AnothermRB6 Build blog starting on area52. Not sure if I missed this first time round or just spotted late, however thought I should share as not seen it come up before in this thread.

If nothing else, I finally know why the sponge sheet with pre cut rings were included!

My rear bulkhead regretably sheared around outer ball joint positions this weekend. Have taken advice to boost strength with 3 mm nylon nuts from beneath and inserted grub screws in adjoining positions.

Paul Field
25-10-2012, 07:21 PM
Ran my RB6 for the first time last night.
My first impressions was that the car is incredibly quiet and smooth.
Made some changes in setup throughout the night to which it responded nicely and was on the pace of the other cars which run on that track every week within a couple of runs.
I am extremely pleased and I can't wait to run it outside.

njc11
25-10-2012, 08:20 PM
U caved in then Paul!!

You won't regret it as the car is awesome! :thumbsup:

I ran mine at chadderton also qual 8th and finished 5th

I will post my set up I finished on hopefully tomorrow.

I haven't added any weight to my car, personally don't think it needs it, big changes were short wheel base at the rear (2mm spacer at the back) hub side still 2mm either side of the hubs. I also lengthened the rear link both inboard and outboard.. Moved rear shock to the second hole in from the outside and ran the front hubs low (1mm top and 0.5mm bottom)

danmurphy
25-10-2012, 09:26 PM
Lots of positive feedback about the car here :thumbsup: I'm starting out from scratch in 10th off road again with the RB6 after roughly a 9 year break. I'm looking at the setup sheets and the gear ratios some of you guys are running seem to vary wildly. Starting with a 6.5T speed passion motor, what range of pinions do I need to buy for indoor carpet tracks? The gearing guide on the motor manual suggests 9.2-10:1 which would equate to around 20-22t with a 78t spur (Is the stock spur 78t?)
I know gear ratios are very specific to motor and track, but any advice would be appreciated as I don't want to cook my electrics first time out! :blush:

Paul Field
25-10-2012, 09:30 PM
Hi Nic
Fraid so. Still got DB1 ready to run. One car for high grip and one for low grip.
Will try them both through the winter.
I won't be selling the DB1 as its my favourite car from the cars i have had since i restarted off road 3 years ago.
I have only run the RB6 for about15mins as we only run 3min heats at TRCMCC but am still well impressed.

I likes me Kyosho cars.

tomtom
25-10-2012, 10:09 PM
Hi Nic
Fraid so. Still got DB1 ready to run. One car for high grip and one for low grip.
Will try them both through the winter.
I won't be selling the DB1 as its my favourite car from the cars i have had since i restarted off road 3 years ago.
I have only run the RB6 for about15mins as we only run 3min heats at TRCMCC but am still well impressed.

I likes me Kyosho cars.

+1

But I'm a bit puzzled on what car to choose when the track will be good for both...

Neil Skull
26-10-2012, 09:00 AM
Lots of positive feedback about the car here :thumbsup: I'm starting out from scratch in 10th off road again with the RB6 after roughly a 9 year break. I'm looking at the setup sheets and the gear ratios some of you guys are running seem to vary wildly. Starting with a 6.5T speed passion motor, what range of pinions do I need to buy for indoor carpet tracks? The gearing guide on the motor manual suggests 9.2-10:1 which would equate to around 20-22t with a 78t spur (Is the stock spur 78t?)
I know gear ratios are very specific to motor and track, but any advice would be appreciated as I don't want to cook my electrics first time out! :blush:

That gearing sounds ok to me to start, it depends on the size of the track and the settings you have on your esc. with a 6.5 on a tight indoor track you may wan to set your ESC nice and low.

Just keep an eye on your temperatures the ESC and motor should never get more than just warm. check after 1 minute then 2 and 4. then after a run.

danmurphy
26-10-2012, 11:32 AM
Thanks for the advice Neil.

Chris-S
26-10-2012, 11:41 AM
Interested to hear from people who have swapped from the 210 to the RB6 and if they have found that their lap times and consistency have improved?

RogerM
26-10-2012, 12:40 PM
Get it bought Chris ... you know you want one :D

danmurphy
30-10-2012, 01:33 PM
With regards to the Big Bore shocks on the kit, why would you revert back to the small bore shocks as per one of Kev Lee's setup sheets?

Is it purely down to lack of track time using the big bore's to gain a decent damping setup on particular tracks, or personal preference?

RudeTony
30-10-2012, 01:45 PM
I recommend the majority of the racers stay with Big Bore shocks.
The BBs land off big jumps very nicely with X gear springs, they absorb bumps very well indeed and will enhance your lap times through consistency of clean qualifying runs.
At the very top level of racing, small bores can be quicker at times but for sure a higher level of driving skill is required to see the advantages of a Small Bore shock.
Team Kyosho always look for consistent set ups as well as the very quickest ones hense why some of us are testing difference scenarios....

ps - I was running BBs at the weekend and certainly wasn't a million miles off the pace :)

danmurphy
30-10-2012, 02:58 PM
I recommend the majority of the racers stay with Big Bore shocks.
The BBs land off big jumps very nicely with X gear springs, they absorb bumps very well indeed and will enhance your lap times through consistency of clean qualifying runs.
At the very top level of racing, small bores can be quicker at times but for sure a higher level of driving skill is required to see the advantages of a Small Bore shock.
Team Kyosho always look for consistent set ups as well as the very quickest ones hense why some of us are testing difference scenarios....

ps - I was running BBs at the weekend and certainly wasn't a million miles off the pace :)

Thanks Tony :thumbsup:

RogerM
31-10-2012, 07:19 AM
It is worth remembering that the superstar drivers will not only want but will also be able to hang on to a much more wild & aggressive setup than even a good f2 standard driver.

It is interesting to note that with a recent setup I sent Tony he said looking at it he expected it would be very aggressive & have masses of steering where as, for my driving style at least, it is actually much more stable & locked in than the small bore setup he gave me to try... a couple of people who have tried both agree.... one didn't.

I've always said what Tony has above, for the majority the extra confidence given by a good big bore setup is worth real time over a race distance & until you've got to the point where ALL of your laps are within 0.1 of each other then I doubt your fastest will be any slower on big bores either!

The moral here is don't just follow other peoples lead with setups, it's as personal as what you find attractive in the opposite sex.
Along with Tony, Kev & Nick I am more than happy to help people work out a personal setup .. just need to know what setup you start with, how you want the car to feel different and add a little bit of time. Reminds me, I need to get some more setups for the RB6 to Arno .....

mikeyscott
31-10-2012, 08:16 AM
I for one like this car on big bores, however only done one meeting with it. Also didn't have to change too much etc.

danmurphy
31-10-2012, 09:32 AM
Kit's ordered and on its way today thanks to Stu at JE Models :thumbsup:

highlander
01-11-2012, 09:21 PM
Hears mine ready for its first run...in the wet by the looks of things....
http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss12/leebennetts/CIMG3337.jpg
http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss12/leebennetts/CIMG3339.jpg

Paul Field
01-11-2012, 09:49 PM
Looking good Mate
Ran mine at yatton last week it went very well and responded excellently to changes in setup.
It also jumps very well and is easy to control in the air.
Enjoy

gixxer
02-11-2012, 02:30 AM
Watch this space for yet another RB6

RogerM
02-11-2012, 07:38 AM
Highlander, pm me an email address & I'll send you a wet weather setup that grips & steers almost like a rear motor car. A couple have tried it & all smiles.
Would post it up directly but can't get them small enough to upload here

Chris-S
02-11-2012, 09:39 AM
Highlander, pm me an email address & I'll send you a wet weather setup that grips & steers almost like a rear motor car. A couple have tried it & all smiles.
Would post it up directly but can't get them small enough to upload here

Have you tried saving them as a jpeg and using imageshack? You dont have to worry about quality/size then.

Sede
04-11-2012, 11:37 AM
and this is my RB6 :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrhiHrLR_xY&feature=plcp

discothesnake
04-11-2012, 12:15 PM
Very impressive. Can't I agine how long that took!

Sede
04-11-2012, 03:23 PM
Thanks ;) over 6h (without shocks and geardiff)

InsideLineModels
04-11-2012, 05:36 PM
and this is my RB6 :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrhiHrLR_xY&feature=plcp

That is fantastic!

RogerM
05-11-2012, 01:17 PM
Have you tried saving them as a jpeg and using imageshack? You dont have to worry about quality/size then.

Nope because I can't get to imageshack on the computer I use most (firewall issues) ... sure you wouldn't have been able to when you attened (little evidence of work) the same company :p

Chris-S
05-11-2012, 06:08 PM
Nope because I can't get to imageshack on the computer I use most (firewall issues) ... sure you wouldn't have been able to when you attened (little evidence of work) the same company :p

I had no problems ;) If you fire them across to me, I'll sort them out and send you a link to post.

Lonestar
06-11-2012, 10:19 AM
Hi all

anyone please has a pic of the electronics layout with MM and standard lipo stick (ie not shorty, not saddle)? Trying to get it right first time, with HW Xtreme Stock speedo and KR302 (FM... :p) Rx...

Cheers guys!
Paul

RogerM
06-11-2012, 12:27 PM
WOW that will be tight and only possible if you have a very low-profile servo!

Lonestar
06-11-2012, 01:32 PM
WOW that will be tight and only possible if you have a very low-profile servo!

Hi Roger,

I use a savox 1251, that's LP... now sure "how" LP though.

I'm perfectly happy using the little platform above the lipo to hold the RX (or the speedo for that matter)... My layouts are usually crappy anyway, so it won't be much different from usual :cry: as long as it fits, I'll be ok... I use an MRT PT, which helps. The instructions say that should fit... ;)

thank you :)

Paul

Lonestar
06-11-2012, 01:53 PM
Sorry for the sequentiality all :blush:

2 more Q's if I may

1- What gear diff fits in this? Sorry, I don't know the answer for the RB5 either...

2- what is the "right" sensor cable length (I have to order some anyway) for MM with the ESC either behind or on top of the battery?

thank you :)

Paul

njc11
06-11-2012, 02:04 PM
Set up from chadderton is up on petit RC...

http://www.petitrc.com/setup/kyosho/setuprb6/RB6_NickCaro_BatleyChaddertonRd120121021.pdf

hloland
06-11-2012, 04:11 PM
To make a geardiff for the RB5/RB6,you need the:

Kyosho UM605 Diff Gear Set
Kyosho UM610 Diff Bevel Gear Set
Kyosho UM611 Diff Case Packing
Kyosho UM612 Diff Shaft
Kyosho ORG045S Silicone O-Ring

If you want you can use steel bevel gear set:

Kyosho V-OneR4 Steel Diff Bevel Gear Set, VZW424

RogerM
06-11-2012, 07:20 PM
Personally not sure why you would want to run the gear diff ... but the option is there and yes it does fit in the RB6 gearbox

Lonestar
07-11-2012, 06:17 AM
To make a geardiff for the RB5/RB6,you need the:

Kyosho UM605 Diff Gear Set
Kyosho UM610 Diff Bevel Gear Set
Kyosho UM611 Diff Case Packing
Kyosho UM612 Diff Shaft
Kyosho ORG045S Silicone O-Ring

If you want you can use steel bevel gear set:

Kyosho V-OneR4 Steel Diff Bevel Gear Set, VZW424

thank you :wub

Lonestar
07-11-2012, 06:20 AM
Personally not sure why you would want to run the gear diff

simply because the maintenance is nil compared to the ball diff and because my skills arent enough anyway to feel the possible disadvantages it brings on the track. in other words, by pure laziness :D then again gear diffs are all the rage for indoor 2wd these days so it cant be completely crappy i guess... :eh?:

cheers
paul

RogerM
07-11-2012, 07:12 AM
What maintenance issues? I get quite a few months out of a welll built Kyosho diff, especially the 2wd one. Probably only HAVE to rebuild 3 times a year. Like the shocks the diffs are the best out there!

Lonestar
07-11-2012, 09:27 AM
To be completely honest I haven't build a kyosho ball diff in ages... those I've done were either AE (B4 and B4.1, B44.1) or Xray (touring car). The Xray is fantastic and requires few rebuilts, but the AE offroad stuff does require regular maintenance, especially on the 4wd cars - 2wd is better but still I like to rebuild after every race. This isn't much but I have less and less time for RC as the years pass by and the kids suck my capacity. If you tell me the RB5/6 ball diff is top-notch and will stand the abuse better than the others, then I might listen ;)

I started building the car yesterday evening, didn't go far though, just the start of the front end... the quality is just stunning despite one of the steering post hex being a tiny tiny bit too large in the bulkhead. The way every part fits just "tight enough but free, still" is unbelieveable... This will be a very, very nice build that's well worth the money (even accounting for the value I lost running a dex210 - with a crappy gear diff I must say - for half a day only).

I love it already :wub

Paul

Chris-S
07-11-2012, 10:21 AM
First run of the RB6 at silverstone last night. Very impressed so far, has very good forward drive and doesn't wear its tyres out nearly as quick as my 210 would.
Car jumps and lands very well, managing to double up one of the jumps and rumble strips in qualifying, others tried with mixed success, my car landed it with no double bounce what so every and kept on going.

Still need to get used to the car as its very different to drive to the 210. Has a lot more overall grip, need to play with the camber links to get rid of some grip roll on the higher speed sections of the track.

First time using Orion electrics as well, very impressed with the smoothness, although need to work on the top end, as its no where near as quick as my LRP setup. Turbo/timing isn't really kicking in how I would like it to.

t8rtot
07-11-2012, 03:17 PM
First run of the RB6 at silverstone last night. Very impressed so far, has very good forward drive and doesn't wear its tyres out nearly as quick as my 210 would.
Car jumps and lands very well, managing to double up one of the jumps and rumble strips in qualifying, others tried with mixed success, my car landed it with no double bounce what so every and kept on going.

Still need to get used to the car as its very different to drive to the 210. Has a lot more overall grip, need to play with the camber links to get rid of some grip roll on the higher speed sections of the track.

First time using Orion electrics as well, very impressed with the smoothness, although need to work on the top end, as its no where near as quick as my LRP setup. Turbo/timing isn't really kicking in how I would like it to.

Before we get too far down the, its not fast enough, route.

Check your lap times. I run stock in the US and my orion felt way slower than my older setup in practice, but once the qualifiers started I was one of the faster cars on track and pulling on guys down the straight. My lap times are faster too.

It feels slow because its super smooth and isn't spinning tires.and it may not have that jolt of power like others but its because of how effective its putting the power to the ground.

Chris-S
07-11-2012, 06:29 PM
Before we get too far down the, its not fast enough, route.

Check your lap times. I run stock in the US and my orion felt way slower than my older setup in practice, but once the qualifiers started I was one of the faster cars on track and pulling on guys down the straight. My lap times are faster too.

It feels slow because its super smooth and isn't spinning tires.and it may not have that jolt of power like others but its because of how effective its putting the power to the ground.

I'd say the Orion is on par with low end smoothness, but lacks the top end, something thats easily fixed with turbo delay/ramp. Before I could easily real in cars down the straight and faster sections of the track, this means very little in laptime, but quite a lot when its a position or two!

JustARcFan
07-11-2012, 07:14 PM
Here is mine :D

kriske
07-11-2012, 08:34 PM
Here is mine :D

I like :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

OneKiwi
07-11-2012, 10:32 PM

I don,t like that you are going to the K car from the 210 there Chris, but it will be interesting to hear your thoughts about it as it does look damn good. Ronnefalk threw it around the track at the last race I attended , it looked really good and got me thinking........

freud
07-11-2012, 11:22 PM
Here is mine :wub
http://img.imagesia.com/fichiers/3a/photo-copie-3_imagesia-com_3a2o_large.JPG (http://imagesia.com/photo-copie-3_3a2o)

http://img.imagesia.com/fichiers/3a/photo-copie-2_imagesia-com_3a2p_large.JPG (http://imagesia.com/photo-copie-2_3a2p)

http://img.imagesia.com/fichiers/3a/photo-copie_imagesia-com_3a2s_large.JPG (http://imagesia.com/photo-copie_3a2s)

Gayo
07-11-2012, 11:59 PM
Wow Freud, 4 K cars in no time! :lol:
Lovely shells and cars :wub

freud
08-11-2012, 12:35 AM
Kyosho Virus Maître Gayo :wub

JustARcFan
08-11-2012, 09:22 AM
Capitalist! :D

Kyosho Virus Maître Gayo :wub

Chris-S
09-11-2012, 12:11 PM
http://www.exotekracing.com/kyosho/

GRIFF55
09-11-2012, 01:08 PM
Looking good Freud mate!

Darren Boyle
09-11-2012, 01:15 PM

Indeed LOTS more great products coming for the RB6, we hope to have the full UK press release out on these (and more) out later today and with the UK dealers.

First stock is will be expecetd in the next 10 - 14 days.......

tony12795
09-11-2012, 01:45 PM
Looking good Fred!!!

ANIMAL!! :p

Adam F
09-11-2012, 03:01 PM

V nice....

freud
09-11-2012, 05:26 PM
Looking good Freud mate!

Thanks my friend ;)

Yellow wheels is better :woot:

Looking good Fred!!!

ANIMAL!! :p

Thanks Dude

Aaaaannniiimaaal :p

GRIFF55
09-11-2012, 08:49 PM
Not any more, I think White has just got faster!:woot:

Spray your 4wd springs black to match the others ;-)

freud
09-11-2012, 09:44 PM
Ha ha ha Ok my friend

GRIFF TOUCH 4 EVER ;)

Lonestar
10-11-2012, 09:30 PM
looking at the exotek gimmicks... anyone broken the stock towersyet??? :eh?:

RogerM
11-11-2012, 07:53 AM
I haven't seen any break but equally people like to have those bits purely for ascetic reasons.

RB6 is a seriously strong car as soon of the drivers at Silverstone proved yesterday. Will I be buying carbontowers ? No.

Adam F
11-11-2012, 09:23 AM
The exotek steering rack is a must have... the stock part is probably the only weak spot on the car...

Chris-S
11-11-2012, 09:37 AM
I haven't seen any break but equally people like to have those bits purely for ascetic reasons.

RB6 is a seriously strong car as soon of the drivers at Silverstone proved yesterday. Will I be buying carbontowers ? No.

Quite a few big grip rolls on the sleeper yesterday by a number of Rb6 drivers, no breakages at all!

JustARcFan
11-11-2012, 09:49 AM
A friend of mine and also myself broke both a rear suspension hanger.
I've already replaced the RF with an alu but seems that the RR in alu is not available.

Adam F
11-11-2012, 10:27 AM
A friend of mine and also myself broke both a rear suspension hanger.
I've already replaced the RF with an alu but seems that the RR in alu is not available.

Yup, the second thing I broke!!

mikeyscott
11-11-2012, 12:57 PM
Yup, the second thing I broke!!

I thought current ones didn't fit so I gave mine to a mate running a vega.

Adam F
11-11-2012, 03:23 PM
The one at the very back is new and not yet available in alloy, but the front is carried over.

Bit of a pig to change too....

mikeyscott
11-11-2012, 04:04 PM
The one at the very back is new and not yet available in alloy, but the front is carried over.

Mmm better get it back then! lol it was blue anyway..... :p

Another order to Mr Lee!

MattPR8
11-11-2012, 07:31 PM

I spoke to Kev Lee and it does require chamfering the corner to clear the motor.

gainsy
11-11-2012, 10:13 PM
One i just sprayed up for a mate
http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i322/gainsy73/screenshot_2012-11-11_2048.png

Lonestar
12-11-2012, 12:34 PM
I moved on (not much though, about 1.5hrs) with the build now I received my exotek rack from InsideLine (Top service, by the way, will order from them again!)... and all I can say is WOW. I hadn't been exposed to Kyosho quality for ages (last product I built from them was a Mid Custom bitd when I was a teen :blush:) and I'm beginning to wonder how I've managed to not get sucked into k-cars for all these years! Yes, there sure is a price to quality, but at least one sees where the money goes... The finish and fit is stunning :wub

refreshing - cheers!

Paul

Mark1
17-11-2012, 05:07 PM
on the rb6 where is the best place to put elctectrics ?
my layout is mid with stick lipo's

Chris-S
17-11-2012, 07:31 PM
on the rb6 where is the best place to put elctectrics ?
my layout is mid with stick lipo's

I think most are run saddles, you could mount the speedo on top of the battery bar.

http://www.petitrc.com/setup/kyosho/setuprb6/RB6_ElectronicsSetup/mid.html

Mark1
17-11-2012, 10:14 PM
ok i'll properly look into getting saddles

thanks

sime46
21-11-2012, 03:08 PM
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f53/sime46/F2357E6A-C5AD-42BA-9DA0-99F602FB8D81-755-0000011F0C3FAB3A.jpg

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f53/sime46/7AEEFF45-7CF1-4295-A3CC-8A9C76A0B19F-755-0000011F135E46A4.jpg
Ready for action!

mikeyscott
21-11-2012, 04:16 PM
Looking great :) mate

Any shell off pics ;)

shark
21-11-2012, 04:16 PM
Uuuummmmmmm Wicker :drool:

sime46
21-11-2012, 04:43 PM
Uuuummmmmmm Wicker :drool:

Plank! Lol

highlander
21-11-2012, 09:15 PM
new colours done by my own fair hands with a little help of my craft robo....
http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss12/leebennetts/CIMG3347.jpg
http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss12/leebennetts/CIMG3348.jpg

danmurphy
21-11-2012, 10:19 PM
new colours done by my own fair hands with a little help of my craft robo....

Nice work :thumbsup: Must get myself one of those exotek steering racks when they're back in stock
Does anyone know if there are plans for alloy rear suspension hangers? The RB5 RR mount doesn't fit?

RogerM
22-11-2012, 07:08 AM
No the RB5 rr mounts only fit in rear motor configuration. I have Ali mmountain progress that will have extra tuning potential to.

This car is amazing, you will all love it!

SamRCRacing
25-11-2012, 05:56 PM
Built mine today :drool::drool:

Lonestar
27-11-2012, 11:08 AM
Mine's almost ready... body and wheels, and she's good to go to her first race Saturday morning!

Fitting the (non-shorty) lipo stick with mid motor requires using the plate to mount the speedo... that was expected but boy why did they do the body so narrow on the motor side? the wires hit the body even though I've been creative with the wiring for my xtreme stock, which isn't the fattest controller on the market. FM Rx (Ko 302, tiniest FM rx) is on the side pods, the low-profile servo was useless it seems ;)

Question for you experts - when using a stick you can't /aren't supposed to use the rear battery "box"... which means the stick can move like 1/4 of an inch and hit the mill... am I missing something here?

Thanks!
Paul

Chris-S
27-11-2012, 11:24 AM
Mine's almost ready... body and wheels, and she's good to go to her first race Saturday morning!

Fitting the (non-shorty) lipo stick with mid motor requires using the plate to mount the speedo... that was expected but boy why did they do the body so narrow on the motor side? the wires hit the body even though I've been creative with the wiring for my xtreme stock, which isn't the fattest controller on the market. FM Rx (Ko 302, tiniest FM rx) is on the side pods, the low-profile servo was useless it seems ;)

Question for you experts - when using a stick you can't /aren't supposed to use the rear battery "box"... which means the stick can move like 1/4 of an inch and hit the mill... am I missing something here?

Thanks!
Paul

Tony had mounted his speedo on the sidguard:
http://www.tonyevdoka.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/torchwinterseriesrd22511123.jpg

Lonestar
27-11-2012, 11:46 AM
oooooh... didn't even think about trying this one... mmmh... silly me, too late now ... thanks :)

edit - ach, just checked... it doesn't fit anyway... no regrets ;)

RobPaynter
27-11-2012, 11:52 AM
Here is mine just about ready to hit the track just need to add Stickers:)
http://i1080.photobucket.com/albums/j335/southwestrc1/RB6.jpg

Lonestar
27-11-2012, 12:37 PM
And pics of my shoehorned 3yo electronics :)

http://i400.photobucket.com/albums/pp83/UsernameALaCon/4048ce7848f69ba4a9a76eb5e9e9fecd.jpg

70mm core-rc sensor cable is a life-saver :p

Paul

foampervert
27-11-2012, 03:25 PM
Here's my RB6 in my current high viz scheme.

highlander
27-11-2012, 05:25 PM
Here is mine just about ready to hit the track just need to add Stickers:)
http://i1080.photobucket.com/albums/j335/southwestrc1/RB6.jpg

nice cooker Rob .... thats one way to warm the tyres up

Rich D
28-11-2012, 10:59 PM
Just finished mine so took a few shots in the workshop :thumbsup:

Going to start on the small bores for indoors. Will try the BB`s when the outdoor season starts again.

Thanks to Joo`s paint :wub

Upgrades are, SP Motor Plate, Alloy hubs, Exotek steering, Rudebits Carbon brace and of course small bores with Kyosho X-Rings.

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj305/D3URY/rb61.jpg
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj305/D3URY/rb62.jpg
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj305/D3URY/rb63.jpg
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj305/D3URY/rb64.jpg
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj305/D3URY/rb65.jpg
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj305/D3URY/rb66.jpg

Raphalite
28-11-2012, 11:19 PM
A tip perhaps for anyone running saddles and wanting the ability to switch over to a shorty and back with ease.

I have re worked the internal layout recently (for the fourth time) and now very happy with it. In short, I used two longer screws (10mm) on the front battery posts so that they are held in place from below the chassis in the centre position of bracket, doing away with the four (in total) 6mm countersunks .

Two positions are available in front and behind the posts, instead of using one of these take the longer screw and use the centre mounting position screwing the fasteners directly into the posts.

Additionally it has allowed me to move the battery posts and bracket back enough to now longer require the supplied foam (its now the perfect gap for two saddles) and breathed a bit more space behind the servo, which can be tight depending on your electronics. I have re-wired my battery leads the right length so that they too will reach the ends of a shorty. I don't at present own a shorty to try this but given they are near on identical in length to the space created and the width of two saddles I am fairly confident this will work.

To change over, I think it will just require the battery bracket to be removed and rotated through 180 degrees to hold the end of a shorty battery and stop it rotating and moving off the centre line.

Nothing amazing, but thought if you have not tried this its an easy way of:

* **Future proofing the car and or to enable quick battery type changes for testing, saddles to shorty and vice versa at different tracks.
* **Creating a bit more space behind the servo
* **Doing away with the foam spacer.

tomtom
28-11-2012, 11:21 PM
Here's mine

http://imageshack.us/a/img716/9762/dsc01528i.jpg

Love it, That's an awesome car.

Mostly ran smallbores for now with the same setup as yours and various rear springs
(indoor and wet wintery astro) as I'm used to them.

Got to work on BB more, especially with those ghea pistons.

Raphalite, could you put some pictures here ?

mikeyscott
28-11-2012, 11:36 PM
Just finished mine so took a few shots in the workshop :thumbsup:

Going to start on the small bores for indoors. Will try the BB`s when the outdoor season starts again.

Thanks to Joo`s paint :wub

Upgrades are, SP Motor Plate, Alloy hubs, Exotek steering, Rudebits Carbon brace and of course small bores with Kyosho X-Rings.

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj305/D3URY/rb61.jpg
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj305/D3URY/rb62.jpg
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj305/D3URY/rb63.jpg
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj305/D3URY/rb64.jpg
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj305/D3URY/rb65.jpg
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj305/D3URY/rb66.jpg

Awesome mate

Pedros20
29-11-2012, 06:12 AM
As Mike said, look superb mate!
Are you doing West Bridgeford on Saturday? Be nice to see how it goes on small bores. Should have mine with me too. :thumbsup:

Rich D
29-11-2012, 07:30 AM
Cheers guys :)

yeah first run at WB Pete. See you there. :)