PDA

View Full Version : Eden Park National

Pages : 1 [2] 3

MattADH
27-06-2008, 05:45 AM
Just seen todays version of the forecast and they have now decided that the weather is gong to be great this weekend.

Talk about making their minds up - it has been good, then bad, then OK and ow good again. Lets hope that todays "finger in the wind" is correct!

David Church
27-06-2008, 05:57 AM
Done!!!

there is also a small football pitch laid out that we can use!!!!!!

Footie anybody:thumbsup:

Wraggy
27-06-2008, 06:48 AM
He has a new ford fiesta :woot::o:woot:
how did you know ??? ;), no its a VW Passat 1.9 TDI Sport 53 Plate .
goes nice and good on gas as well for the long journey's

DaveG28
27-06-2008, 07:45 AM
Hi guys,

Is there plenty of space for pitting/parking etc?

Northy
27-06-2008, 07:57 AM
Which way are the people coming down the A1 or M1 going?

I have been told (cheers shane) that there are road works on the M1 where it joins the M25, so the A1 might be better?

Did someone mention the A14 too? :eh?:

G

Lee
27-06-2008, 08:09 AM
A1 for me G, im going to pick up the A14 and M11, that should miss the M25 completely

losixxx
27-06-2008, 08:26 AM
Which way are the people coming down the A1 or M1 going?

I have been told (cheers shane) that there are road works on the M1 where it joins the M25, so the A1 might be better?

Did someone mention the A14 too? :eh?:

G

the roadworks are for widening the motorway, just remember when approaching the junction NOT to be in the outside lane as that keeps you on M1 only, imo it shouldnt be too bad coming southbound as most of the traffic will be workers going home heading onto M1 north

jim76
27-06-2008, 09:18 AM
Hi guys,

Is there plenty of space for pitting/parking etc?

yeah, i'm only there for the Sunday, so will there be any space left?!!

Are they using all the footy pitches to pit on DC?

mw02veg
27-06-2008, 09:31 AM
there will be space im sure of that :thumbsup: i think they are allowing parking on the small kiddies pitch but not the main pitches correct me if im wrong but ithinks that bout rite. leaving in an hour and a half should be there by 1! lovely jubley

David Church
27-06-2008, 09:37 AM
Yes there is LOADS of pitting space!!!!!! :thumbsup: i know cause I just taped it off!!!

Lee
27-06-2008, 09:40 AM
Are your little legs tired now DC? :woot:

David Church
27-06-2008, 09:42 AM
A1 for me G, im going to pick up the A14 and M11, that should miss the M25 completely

M11 joins M25 at J27. Unless you are going through London, you will have to use the M25 - sorry!

Matt B

Lee
27-06-2008, 09:44 AM
Balls :(

David Church
27-06-2008, 09:45 AM
the roadworks are for widening the motorway, just remember when approaching the junction NOT to be in the outside lane as that keeps you on M1 only, imo it shouldnt be too bad coming southbound as most of the traffic will be workers going home heading onto M1 north

The lane restrictions have changed now and you can use alll three lanes on the southbound M1 and still get off on to the M25.
It is slowly improving but there may still be queues both ways...

You just never know what it will be like - M1 or M25 but GOOD LUCK!!!!!!

Matt B

Danny
27-06-2008, 01:43 PM
Unless you have access to a helicopter theres really no painless way to get from north of London to Beckenham on a Friday night, I wouldnt advise going through central London though. I wouldnt attempt it & I used to be a courier in central london! Just sit tight on the M25 & make sure you have refreshments and music to ease the frustration...Counting down the hours now :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Jonesy
27-06-2008, 01:52 PM
Unless you have access to a helicopter theres really no painless way to get from north of London to Beckenham on a Friday night, I wouldnt advise going through central London though. I wouldnt attempt it & I used to be a courier in central london! Just sit tight on the M25 & make sure you have refreshments and music to ease the frustration...Counting down the hours now :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

At least there is an advantage to leaving at 3am tonight/tomorrow then!!

What is the M1/M25 like for Speed cameras, I'll be joining the M1 at the end of the M6

Southwell
27-06-2008, 02:05 PM
At least there is an advantage to leaving at 3am tonight/tomorrow then!!

What is the M1/M25 like for Speed cameras, I'll be joining the M1 at the end of the M6

I think the M25 has specs cameras (average speed).

jim76
27-06-2008, 02:54 PM
i know the M25 has variable speed limits, in that they pop up the signs sayinng 50mph etc, but i wasn't aware of any speed cameras. Mind you, i always go the Heathrow side, not Dartford.
And i always average above 70!

millzy
27-06-2008, 02:57 PM
right that’s me resetting the cruise control from 98mph then

Stuvon
27-06-2008, 02:59 PM
There are roadworks with average speed cameras from the darford crossing to J3.

50 MPH limit...

Apart from that there are no other permenant cameras to note (that I know of!)

There is always at least 4 mile queue for the dartford crossing on a friday night about 6 PM. It's normal (I do it every other week at that time) it does move tho honest!

P.s. Track looks fantastic!!

GRIFF55
27-06-2008, 03:00 PM
is there somewhere i can fill a water container up at the track, to save me carrying a full one with me??

losixxx
27-06-2008, 03:07 PM
shouldnt you have left griff, at this rate you won't arrive till tuesday:p

losixxx
27-06-2008, 03:09 PM
i know the M25 has variable speed limits, in that they pop up the signs sayinng 50mph etc, but i wasn't aware of any speed cameras. Mind you, i always go the Heathrow side, not Dartford.
And i always average above 70!

the overhead signs saying variable speed limits have average speed cam's behind the signage...if it says 50mph on M25 make sure your doing 50mph, just ask my boss 3 tickets in one journey:woot:

GRIFF55
27-06-2008, 03:12 PM
shouldnt you have left griff, at this rate you won't arrive till tuesday:p

Should be early tuesday anyhow!! Only a 5hr trip for me, it's almost local:D

losixxx
27-06-2008, 03:17 PM
5 HOURS M8, Don't forget your in the passion wagon not the 225:lol:

GRIFF55
27-06-2008, 03:22 PM
sorry i forgot, 4 and a half:woot::thumbsup:

Any water there guys????

dan_kitty
27-06-2008, 03:33 PM
ive got vodka and pop if that helps andy? ;)

David Church
27-06-2008, 03:39 PM
is there somewhere i can fill a water container up at the track, to save me carrying a full one with me??

Yes mate, everything you need will be here:thumbsup:

dan_kitty
27-06-2008, 03:40 PM
is it wet there? its very wet here in wales at the moment

millzy
27-06-2008, 04:07 PM
chucked it down in cardiff all day
and bbc news has shown glasto in the rain all day

David Church
27-06-2008, 04:19 PM
have had a few showers today but is dry now

dan_kitty
27-06-2008, 04:24 PM
it will be dark when we get there, just hope its dry too:)

HKP
27-06-2008, 06:54 PM
It's bright and dry here still (nearish to EPR). Looking forward to tomorrow! :D

Jonesy
27-06-2008, 07:51 PM
That's good to hear, looks like it's about to throw it down here in Ellesmere Port, lucky we're no where near!!

MattADH
27-06-2008, 09:16 PM
some muppets have semi-blocked the entry and are attending the wedding so I apologise to anyone who has trouble getting around them. In the morning though, there wont be any reason to go round the back and I will make sure you can drive straight through.

Sorry for any inconvenience but this is LPS&SC summed up and unfortunately, out of EPR's control...

Hope everyone has a great day!

brookie
27-06-2008, 10:32 PM
As per usual we're grateful for all the generous support from LPS&SC with this event! What happened to their man on the gate! We will be asking that question!

When we spotted the k40b who'd parked the Range Rover in the way I telephoned Andy Carter, who is on site to update him on the situation.
Andy is there with Nathan Ralls, Dave Church (thanks mate typing is a little trcky after a few DC Diet Cokes!), Stuart Band and Steve Andrews, have suggested that should anybody have trouble getting access that they move 'the wedding' fencing and allow drivers to drive straight through!

As Matt has said it will be sorted very early Saturday AM, apologies if this cuases any inconvenience, please seek out any of the above if you have trouble accessing the site.

See you all on the AM, forecast is good. Thanks for all the generous comments, they are most appreciated by all involved!

DC - do we need more Diet Coke for tomorrow?

martboy21
27-06-2008, 10:56 PM
see you guys about 7 in morning,cant wait!!

think mcdonalds brekkie is in order though!!

cheers

neiloliver
28-06-2008, 11:41 AM
Anyone know how the day is progressing?

Garry Spice
28-06-2008, 02:23 PM
any of our chaps made the A yet? :p

woOdy
28-06-2008, 04:37 PM
ellis
pidge
?
danny mc
?

neil is in there with Mat benfield Bradders and i cant remember who else.

David Church
28-06-2008, 07:08 PM
Congrats to Ellis on a commanding win today!!!!!

A great day was had here at EPR!!!!!!!

Big thanks to all involved:thumbsup:

Tatman
28-06-2008, 07:20 PM
Just wanna say thanks to Stuart and Nathan Ralls and Andy Carter for lending me a car and gear to have an unexpected race in the "vintage" race. Oh how the cars have changed since i last raced, maybe 15 years ago....:woot: Felt good to drive though.. I want one...!!:thumbsup:

Thanks again lads, maybe see ya soon with my own car....?????:confused:

How did it look???;)

YoungChazz
28-06-2008, 07:28 PM
This is Brian Kinwald typing on Chazz's computer from the pits at the Hot Rod Hobby Shoot-Out.

CONGRATULATIONS BIG E!!!

YoungChazz
28-06-2008, 07:29 PM
CONGRATULATIONS from Paul and myself too. Way To Go Ellis!!!

David Church
28-06-2008, 07:30 PM
Just wanna say thanks to Stuart and Nathan Ralls and Andy Carter for lending me a car and gear to have an unexpected race in the "vintage" race. Oh how the cars have changed since i last raced, maybe 15 years ago....:woot: Felt good to drive though.. I want one...!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:
How did it look???;)

Thanks for driving!!!! The car looked very good, of course it was an x-6, and you def need to come back racing again!!!!:thumbsup:

David Church
28-06-2008, 07:32 PM
Ellis was unstoppable today, he won all 3 legs of the final, and made it look easy!!!!!:thumbsup:

HKP
28-06-2008, 07:52 PM
can I say a huge thanks to the marshal(s) who fixed my rc10B1 :D trakside during the legends race! I didnt see who you were but your moment of ingenuity let the old girl continue a good few laps :)

JohnM
28-06-2008, 08:49 PM
This is Brian Kinwald typing on Chazz's computer from the pits at the Hot Rod Hobby Shoot-Out.

CONGRATULATIONS BIG E!!!

Holy crap, a real life mega star on oOple, weclome Brian:thumbsup:

Well done Ellis, makes me glad I bought myself a X-6

Belsten
28-06-2008, 10:38 PM
can I say a huge thanks to the marshal(s) who fixed my rc10B1 :D trakside during the legends race! I didnt see who you were but your moment of ingenuity let the old girl continue a good few laps :)

who ran in the legends race ? Anyone got the rest of the results ?

matt
28-06-2008, 11:15 PM
makes me glad I bought myself a X-6
And me John:p

Freakypen
29-06-2008, 06:36 PM
Yep-just like to say a big thanks and well done to all involved at EPR for a great meeting-and well done Mr Stafford....on another crackin performance.;)

YoungChazz
29-06-2008, 07:01 PM
So what happened today????

josh_smaxx
29-06-2008, 07:02 PM
Yep, need to see results :woot: top 3 is fine. By the last comment in the first post of this page im assuming Ellis won both days?

YoungChazz
29-06-2008, 07:10 PM
Fingers crossed ffrom L.A.

mw02veg
29-06-2008, 08:03 PM
doughty 1st lee martin 2nd danny mcgee 3rd grant williams 4th (me) ellis stafford 5th. cracking weekend :thumbsup:

jim76
29-06-2008, 08:05 PM
awesome day to day, my favourite national by far. track was amazing, huge thanks to all the work party members who gave us this venue.

nice one Mr D, first national win for a while?!

markmarshall
29-06-2008, 08:13 PM
just want to say a thankyou to the epr crew was an awesome days racing a big thanks to lewis nath stu and adam from xtreme and for the laughs looking forward to the next one:D:D

trekkerkk
29-06-2008, 08:20 PM
all i can say AWSOME :thumbsup:
its made my year to be honest,
my best national results in both classes,
got a 30th in round with the pred wow
thanks to all involved ,

trekkker

racingdwarf
29-06-2008, 08:24 PM
doughty 1st lee martin 2nd danny mcgee 3rd grant williams 4th (me) ellis stafford 5th. cracking weekend :thumbsup:

sweeeet well done mate:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Garry Driffill
29-06-2008, 08:29 PM
Well done Chris ! :D

neiloliver
29-06-2008, 08:41 PM
Well done Grant, great result!

Lew
29-06-2008, 09:03 PM
quality track, quality weather, great EPR crew... shame about MY driving =[

but yeah, Well done Grant for both good finishes this weekend, and well done doughty for the win today!

DCM
29-06-2008, 09:10 PM
anyone know how the Milzster got on today?

Southwell
29-06-2008, 09:21 PM
anyone know how the Milzster got on today?

10th in the H. Was going much better when we got the car right for him.

Southwell
29-06-2008, 09:24 PM
Well done to all, track was very well prepared and all the work was well worth it, even if i didn't do quite as well as i hoped. :woot:
Hope to be back next year!

DCM
29-06-2008, 09:27 PM
excellent, he done better than me then, did he break anything.... wheels, hex... track markings?

Slimboyfat
29-06-2008, 09:36 PM
Really liked the track design and layout, a great achievement when you look at the pics that were on display from late 2006!. Credit to all the guys involved.

For me though possibly the worse national result for as long as i can remember but no matter had a good laugh.

Must say well done to Grant for 'A' final both days and to Nathan Ralls. The pred looked really good in your hands and was not out of place in the top 10 what so ever.

Matt

Southwell
29-06-2008, 09:37 PM
excellent, he done better than me then, did he break anything.... wheels, hex... track markings?

Ummm, ill let him answer that....:thumbsup:
ill just say nothing snapped or blew up....

ben
29-06-2008, 09:38 PM
Great big well done to EPR. I dont think they could of done anything better. Was superb. Didnt have a very good day today:(

DCM
29-06-2008, 09:50 PM
Ummm, ill let him answer that....:thumbsup:
ill just say nothing snapped or blew up....

haha as long as the ESC is in one piece and non of it's magic smoke has been let out lol pm me what is broke so I know what to do before the weekend lol

mw02veg
29-06-2008, 09:59 PM
thanks guys for ur words was well pleased!!! 2nd in 2wd and 4th in 4wd just wow!! not bad for a "local" driver hahahahhahahahhah. amazing job from all the epr boys congratulations all the hard worked paid off .u can all put ur feet up for a well deserved rest :thumbsup:. congrats to ellis and chris:thumbsup:

Mrs.TeamXtreme
29-06-2008, 10:08 PM
Hi Guys

Well done to all our Pred drivers:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

More details on the Team Xtreme section

telboy
29-06-2008, 10:36 PM
Great big well done to EPR. I dont think they could of done anything better. Was superb. Didnt have a very good day today:(

Haha, Our final was something to be witnessed though hey ben?
Erm sorry about the nudge ;) I did wait though......then we tangled about 2 feet further on!:woot::lol:

It became a bit of a free for all between me, you, Jimmy and Matt 'o' jones in the end. Matt did an awesome job at trying to destroy his car for most of the final.

What happened to Ellis in the other two finals then? 'cos as we left he had dominated the first final.:confused:

Must say though. Awesome job from the club. Track was excelent and I actually drove quite well (not counting todays final!) and managed the G in 2wd and H in 4wd. Could have got a lot higher in the 4wd if it wasn't for certain 'instances' in my fastest run...but I won't go into that.:thumbdown:

But looking at the photo's on scrutineering, you wouldn't ave thought it was possible 2 year ago to hold a meeting there. Top job guys. Well done.:thumbsup:

paulc
29-06-2008, 11:00 PM
top job to everyone involved at eden park club two great days of racing on a great track really enjoyed this weekend :thumbsup:

Richard Lowe
29-06-2008, 11:31 PM
Well done to the EPR crew, lots of effort put into the venue and it showed :)

What happened to Ellis in the other two finals then? 'cos as we left he had dominated the first final.:confused:
I think in leg 2 he either made a mistake or was tapped on the second tabletop, then ended up coming out of the pileup last by a mile so he pulled the car off. 3rd leg the bottom of one of the front shocks came off, he was still running round in 3rd keeping 7 or so cars at bay for a couple of laps though despite the car not turning left :p

Chrislong
30-06-2008, 12:00 AM
The track really is a credit to all involved, and the team running the event made it run very smoothly and well indeed.

Really enjoyed it, although found it hard to drive with 4wd, but thats just me, the track is ace & I hope we go back yearly!

Well done to Grant & Nathan :thumbsup:, Ellis, McGoo, Mossy and all the other guys in the A final's too.

Big E
30-06-2008, 06:40 AM
Crashed in the second one and then got hit which took out one of my rear turnbuckles. 3rd leg I went over the jump and the bottom shock screw snapped out of the wishbone :cry:!!! I was gutted as I didn't even crash it but there you go, I still somehow got 5th overall which is good seeing as I only finished 1 run :woot:. Well done to Chris though and that other Essex boy :p

E.

Haha, Our final was something to be witnessed though hey ben?
Erm sorry about the nudge ;) I did wait though......then we tangled about 2 feet further on!:woot::lol:

It became a bit of a free for all between me, you, Jimmy and Matt 'o' jones in the end. Matt did an awesome job at trying to destroy his car for most of the final.

Must say though. Awesome job from the club. Track was excelent and I actually drove quite well (not counting todays final!) and managed the G in 2wd and H in 4wd. Could have got a lot higher in the 4wd if it wasn't for certain 'instances' in my fastest run...but I won't go into that.:thumbdown:

But looking at the photo's on scrutineering, you wouldn't ave thought it was possible 2 year ago to hold a meeting there. Top job guys. Well done.:thumbsup:

GRIFF55
30-06-2008, 07:46 AM
Thanks to all at epr, track was amazing and the event!!!!:thumbsup: Well done to Chris and Atomic Carbon on the National win, the car looked like it was in rails. Must say though, it looked soooo much better with yellow wheels;):p:thumbsup:

Lee
30-06-2008, 08:00 AM
Again well done to all of those who have spent the last year weeding and bringing the track right back to its former glory, if not better :thumbsup:

The weekend ran like clockwork, everything was top notch you should all be very proud (and tired :woot:)

Well done to Big E and CD on their wins and also Niggs and Grant on their A`s.

It was a brilliant weekend and probably my favorite on the calender so far :thumbsup:

OldTimer
30-06-2008, 08:31 AM
Thanks to all at epr, track was amazing and the event!!!!:thumbsup: Well done to Chris and Atomic Carbon on the National win, the car looked like it was in rails. Must say though, it looked soooo much better with yellow wheels;):p:thumbsup:

You just got home griff :p and a big thanks of the loan of your car for the second leg of the A.

Well done Chris for getting Atomic-Carbon's 1st national win :thumbsup: with the Atomized B44, not very often you see a car in the A with Yellow wheels lol.

And good to see a pred back in the A nice one Nathan.

Best national of the year, well done to everyone at EPR and there hard work.

Chris Doughty
30-06-2008, 08:43 AM

thanks for the loan of your car for Leg2 mate, much appricated!!

It did have a bit of understeer with yellow wheels on it though, or that might have been the shagged tires on it :)

- you do need some whities o-rings in it if you don't have them yet, they were dialled in my car.

big thanks to Trish Bits for the custom bits at short notice! :D

I am really happy to have won one after such a long time, its great to do it for Associated, Atomic-Carbon, CML and all the new sponsors that took me on, and also great to get one for LRP who I have run with for ages!

the EPR track and support team were fantastic, technical tracks are the future! (I had the same view even before sunday - I didn't do well in 2WD, but still enjoyed it)

brookie
30-06-2008, 09:28 AM
Just a bit.

It reminds me of an onroad track though with the nicely painted kerbs :woot:

So Lee, still remind you of an onroad track with nicely painted kerbs?

We'll let you off seeing as you were soooo generous with your praise!

And yes we are VERY tired! And personally still recovering from being 'tagged' by Craggy!

Thanks to all for your kind remarks, they are very much appreciated by ALL involved whether they be EPR members, families or friends alike and our associates (Langley Park S&SC etc.).
I'm sure we'll (Matt, Alex and/or myself) respond a little more formally when we've recovered a little more!

EPR 2009 (?) - Shall I start a 'Things to do' list now? Any (polite!) suggestions?

Slimboyfat
30-06-2008, 09:35 AM

The 'I' final should now be named 'Demolition Derby Final' and i think deserves prizes for coming out the end of the 5 mins unscathed. Im thinking Jimmy could do a T'shirt, something like 'I survived the 'I' Final' or such like...

seriously needed an excuse to get out of there...but the car kept going?? very strange...as when I dont try and break it, it shatters into several peices.....and when im trying as best as i can to smash the living hell out of it...it stays 'relitively' in tact.

good laugh...but never again! :D

Lee
30-06-2008, 09:35 AM
:) You know what i meant Steve :thumbsup:

I really dont know how it could be improved, maybe some red stripes on the kerbs to make me feel more at home :woot:

Reevsey
30-06-2008, 09:36 AM
EPR 2009 (?) - Shall I start a 'Things to do' list now? Any (polite!) suggestions?

Just get your order in for Sunshine early....

Other than that i thought the whole event was perfect!!! The team really did do an amazing job and they should all be very proud.

In my opinion you have just set a new bench mark of the best ever national!!!!

millzy
30-06-2008, 09:37 AM
my foot hurts :(

wicked weekend

loved the track

durga durga

Lee Martin
30-06-2008, 09:47 AM
EPR did an amazing job.

I would personaly like to thank them! it was nice to be on a real off road track again. What they have achieved is amazing and it was a very professinoal meeting, it was like being back in the older days and seemed quite special again! had lots of fun!

Well done to ellis and chris also. Well done grant, you drove well. and niggs.

Roll on Italy!!!!

i cant wait to get my cars on dirt!

James
30-06-2008, 09:54 AM
Best National so far, the EPR team have a set a precedent for others to aspire to !!

Might wanna iron out that small hollow in the middle of the straight though :p

Some great racing all the way through the finals, i had a good one to win the d in 4wd, 3 of us swapped a number of times :) always goodto have a battle like that..

Awesome weekend well done !

JohnM
30-06-2008, 10:07 AM
thanks guys for ur words was well pleased!!! 2nd in 2wd and 4th in 4wd just wow!! not bad for a "local" driver hahahahhahahahhah. amazing job from all the epr boys congratulations all the hard worked paid off .u can all put ur feet up for a well deserved rest :thumbsup:. congrats to ellis and chris:thumbsup:

Well done Grant, not too much further till the top step on the podium:thumbsup:

DCM
30-06-2008, 10:18 AM
my foot hurts :(

wicked weekend

loved the track

durga durga

you animal.... thats the first breakage haha :woot::woot:

millzy
30-06-2008, 10:29 AM
no no my toe isnt broke doct just gave me some pain killers
or you on about the car?

DaveG28
30-06-2008, 10:36 AM
Great day and massive thanks to the EPR guys! :thumbsup:

My kind of off road track too, even tho I'm crap at Astro! By next year I'll be 50% better tho, maybe better than Wes. Not Xgod though...

By the way, Did that X5 in scrutineering get sold?

HKP
30-06-2008, 10:44 AM
No! You want it?? :D

brookie
30-06-2008, 10:45 AM
Not sure, have emailed our Team member, Tom S, the owner of said buggy.

I'm sure he will be in touch.

'Might wanna iron out that small hollow in the middle of the straight though :p'

Noted, especially as my son Chris managed to find it on a regular basis!

Replacement, levelled, Astro is already on the list for investigation!

brookie
30-06-2008, 10:46 AM
Told you so!

HKP
30-06-2008, 10:47 AM
Damn we're efficient here at EPR!! and I'm struggling to keep my eyes open! :D

OldTimer
30-06-2008, 10:51 AM
Ah that hollow on the straight managed to find it twice in the final with spectacular results lol.

Lee
30-06-2008, 10:53 AM
Count yourself lucky you had a second go at it :thumbsup:

HKP
30-06-2008, 10:54 AM
Ah that hollow on the straight managed to find it twice in the final with spectacular results lol.

When I was running the old RC10 in the Legends race, that hollow actually managed to pop the driveshaft out whilst driving slowly in a straight line.. Then again sneezing at the RC10 seems to make the driveshafts pop out :D:cry:

I'm sure at our next work party, it'll be all tickedy-boo again though!

brookie
30-06-2008, 10:58 AM
We'd also appreciate feedback on the facilities available at EPR/Langley Park Sports & Social Club so we can take anything back to our landlords.

We're very well aware of the hosts poor communication amongst their own staff and consequential mis-understanding of the camping/caravaning overnight night fees situation and this will be discussed/rectified for the future, sorry (on their behalf!)!

I'm also led to believe that there was some confusion with the toilet/shower room availablity which may be easily resolved by better comms./signage.

And hopefully, assuming we apply for/get a National in 2009 there won't be another family wedding on the Friday before the event!
This obvioulsy caused us massive headaches in terms of access, marshalling, signage and parking but we think we, both the cub and the attendees, coped pretty well!

Anything else?

Lee
30-06-2008, 11:02 AM
Steve, some old woman kept pinching my cheeks on friday night in the social club, can you have a word for next year :thumbsup::woot:

millzy
30-06-2008, 11:08 AM
I just want to say sorry for my crap marshalling of Ellis car in leg 2
I know a lot of you hit me and his car that I dropped after Darren hit me full pelt in the foot and it might have messed up your run.

All I can say is I went for the car and it bounced back into the track before I would get it and that’s why I was stood on the apex after the jump

Don’t really car I got hit by 6 cars more embarrassed that I messed up an A final
Thanks to Keith and Damian for offering to marshal for me after it .

To be honest id still do the same thing if I could re live the event
Attempting to save the car is better than just standing there in my book

Lee
30-06-2008, 11:11 AM
It was a horrible place to marshall millzy, i dont think anyone can complain at your efforts.

:)

brookie
30-06-2008, 11:12 AM
Steve, some old woman kept pinching my cheeks on friday night in the social club, can you have a word for next year :thumbsup::woot:

Lee, a) Which cheeks?:woot:
b) You'd like to see if we can arrange for her to be there again for next year?:wub

WHITTLER555
30-06-2008, 11:17 AM
AH! Mr Mills! glad to see your foot is still alive!

You owe me a Tamiya pulley!:p

Really enjoyed 4WD, did crap at 2WD, was definetly worth the effort for the 6 hour drive there and back, maybe I should not drink so much Strongbow on the Friday nights!
:thumbsup:

MattADH
30-06-2008, 11:19 AM
Maybe the large tabletop jump needs a little more thought for the future for when we run anti-clockwise....

jim76
30-06-2008, 11:28 AM
Maybe the large tabletop jump needs a little more thought for the future for when we run anti-clockwise....

i don't know, i thought it was fine. I never tried to clear it all day though, opting for the safe and consistant option. If you take the risky approach you have to face the consequences if you get it wrong! Watching cars go round though, i don't think you saved any time by flying it anyway as they often had an unsettled landing.

jim76
30-06-2008, 11:31 AM
Steve -only improvement for me will be having a raffle for me to win on the Sunday! oh, and more cars in the legends race!!

MattADH
30-06-2008, 11:32 AM
My concern is that whoever is marshalling at the bottom is a little vulnerable as Millzy has highlighted!

And TBH, the face on the run up is a little inconsistent and the top needs flattening again.

Sorry to be picky but I would like it to be perfect...

jim76
30-06-2008, 11:37 AM
fair point about the marshall, their safety is key. I must admit if i was there and a car crashed i would be inclined to let any cars imediately behind him pass before retreiving his car, again the price to pay for trying the high risk route.

i agree the top needs flattening as there is a bump to one side which can catch your back wheels and flip you over if you don;t carry it far enough. (found out to the cost of my atomic carbon rear shock tower in the winter series!)

millzy
30-06-2008, 11:54 AM
End of the day when I knew I was at an area where people in the A where jumping, and as Ellis had the lead and crashed my instant reaction was to marshal him at 110% and try and salvage his lead. I knew there was possibility of getting hit but Ellis had such a lead I didn’t think the pack that was running tight would get to me by the time I marshalled his car- I just didn’t count on his car bouncing backwards as it landed upside down.

Just one of those things didn’t stop me jumping back in front of cars or marshalling that area any less, Mossy Niggs and I think a 3rd car crashed in that area a few laps later and I still jumped onto the track and got them- no point letting one toy car hitting you change your attitude on marshalling

I really don’t want this to turn into some long winded controversy thread about health and safety and how we should marshal, end of the day I go hit so what I’m cool with it people from EPR asked if I was ok I said yes end of matter

Danny McGee
30-06-2008, 12:02 PM
Crashed in the second one and then got hit which took out one of my rear turnbuckles. 3rd leg I went over the jump and the bottom shock screw snapped out of the wishbone :cry:!!! I was gutted as I didn't even crash it but there you go, I still somehow got 5th overall which is good seeing as I only finished 1 run :woot:. Well done to Chris though and that other Essex boy :p

E.

Must have been my home track advantage ;)

Chris Doughty
30-06-2008, 12:04 PM
Must have been my home track advantage ;)

those 2 screws were for your blades Danny.... haha, that made my day!

Chrislong
30-06-2008, 12:07 PM
I marshalled there in qualifying yesterday, it wasn't an easy job. Lots of crashes and cars already commited at speed approaching made it hard to judge where/when to run out. But it was okay if was watching 110% which I was. There is no doubt Millzy did best he could, we all know things happen so fast.

As a feature, I did struggle with driving it, as did others (this is why it was difficult to marshall? if it was easier = less crashs, less breakages etc etc). I crashed there too often when I was just hoping off the top.

Can I suggest, shortening the top and lengthen the downslope on the race control side maybe by as much as 2ft, so as it can be landed on at ease. thats if it is going to be changed atall, id have no issue with it being left alone personally.

The astro used on the track is excellent, works consistenty and has plenty of grip with worn tyres. Id be tempted to say "please don't change the astro".

I wish I live 200miles or more closer! Id be there still now! :thumbsup:

The venue was great, sensible priced food, drink & bar, plus all facilities clean, very well suited! :thumbsup:

MattADH
30-06-2008, 12:14 PM
I marshalled there in qualifying yesterday, it wasn't an easy job. Lots of crashes and cars already commited at speed approaching made it hard to judge where/when to run out.

As a feature, I did struggle with driving it, as did others (this is why it was difficult to marshall? if it was easier = less crashs, less breakages etc etc). I crashed there too often when I was just hoping off the top.

Can I suggest, shortening the top and lengthen the downslope on the race control side maybe by as much as 2ft, so as it can be landed on at ease.

The astro used on the track is excellent, works consistenty and has plenty of grip with worn tyres. Id be tempted to say "please don't change the astro".

I wish I live 200miles or more closer! Id be there still now! :thumbsup:

The venue was great, sensible priced food, drink & bar, plus all facilities clean, very well suited! :thumbsup:

I agree with you Chris about the down side not being long enough when we run the track as we did for 4WD, but this feature works perfectly in 2WD. Not sure what we can do as if the downside (4WD) was lengthened, I doubt it would have the same kicker effect...

Glad to hear all your nice opinions though. Any critiscm will be taken constructively of course as we are aware that there are areas that can be improved upon.

Lee
30-06-2008, 12:19 PM
May i just say, and this is my opinion only, that i think FTD could have been chosen this weekend and i dont think there could have been any complaints. The track was very consistent considering the changes in temp.

Disclaimer :woot:
** Im not saying i wanted FTD, i like RBR but im just saying it was an option**

rcbrookey
30-06-2008, 12:21 PM
Hi, Chris Brooke here, son of Steve and owner of the superb Haynes RC Car Manual by Matt Benfield that was in the commentary area yesterday (Matt, please post cheque to........)
Just a quick thank you to all those drivers and officals who signed it at the EPR National over the weekend and a special thanks to Brian Harris 'helped' get all those signatures.
Still got a way to go but alot alot of blanks filled in, thanks to all!

The EPR national was a great way to start off my national racing season and i had a great time.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:.

p.s Thanks to dad for helping my do the 1st paragraph because i am knackered:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Big E
30-06-2008, 12:22 PM
Milzy as I said yesterday when you came over to apologose you tried and that is all that can be asked. I have no problem as after all I was the one that had crashed. I may have been unhappy if you had been watching a train go by or something but you gave it your best shot, only wish that when Darren had hit you you would have laid across the track to stop the rest :woot:

Agree with Matt that a little bit of work needs doing to the up ramp and top but don't change the overall shape as Chris says. The jump is cool going the other way so it would a be a shame to change it. There are other options than having cars go straight over it anyway and 10 years ago the cars weren't as fast when it was first done.

If you choose to do the jump and you crash it is your option, I would not have expected Milzy to go for my car to be fair with 9 other maniacs approaching fast. As long as you can see they are paying attention and would be ready to go when they can it is fine by me. I could have gone the safe option but as I had not done all day I didn't want to start....and it is faster to jump it no question but only when you land it....unless your shock screw then breaks out of you wishbone :cry:

End of the day when I knew I was at an area where people in the A where jumping, and as Ellis had the lead and crashed my instant reaction was to marshal him at 110% and try and salvage his lead. I knew there was possibility of getting hit but Ellis had such a lead I didn’t think the pack that was running tight would get to me by the time I marshalled his car- I just didn’t count on his car bouncing backwards as it landed upside down.

Just one of those things didn’t stop me jumping back in front of cars or marshalling that area any less, Mossy Niggs and I think a 3rd car crashed in that area a few laps later and I still jumped onto the track and got them- no point letting one toy car hitting you change your attitude on marshalling

I really don’t want this to turn into some long winded controversy thread about health and safety and how we should marshal, end of the day I go hit so what I’m cool with it people from EPR asked if I was ok I said yes end of matter

Chris Doughty
30-06-2008, 12:24 PM
I agree with you Chris about the down side not being long enough when we run the track as we did for 4WD, but this feature works perfectly in 2WD. Not sure what we can do as if the downside (4WD) was lengthened, I doubt it would have the same kicker effect...

Glad to hear all your nice opinions though. Any critiscm will be taken constructively of course as we are aware that there are areas that can be improved upon.

you could extend the 'bottom' half of the ramp, this would still leave the top bit with enough kick when going the 2WD way.

I didn't find it a problem, I didn't listen to you Matt when you said you don't need to do it, I was doing it happily in praccy, half way through the first round, it all seemed easy until I broke it there, my fault, I was on the wrong line and should not have gone for it.

after that I just did it the easy way, I didn't feel I lost much doing it like that, it felt safer, and it was quite enjoyable jumping to the top and punching off.

Gnarly Old Dog
30-06-2008, 12:25 PM
I was also marshalling there all day yesterday and it was a bit scary but then again, the speed that the cars go now makes any marshalling frightening - even the guys in the middle of the track could get caught by out of control cars going down the straight. I moved round a bit towards the start / finish line and faced towards the jump so at least I could see the cars coming towards me.
Like Millzy - I wouldn't change it though - I wouldn't consider it an unsafe feature. if you start changing that, then marshalling at the end of the straight would then become unsafe etc etc.

Glad so many of you have gone away with good memories of the track.
It is incredibly rewarding and frustrating - just what a top class off-road track should be like. The original EPO was legendary - the reborn EPR is now building on that with it's own reputation.

Facility wise - no problems. Maybe next year you can provide Peter (the Landlord's Camping Baliff) with an EPR tee to see if that makes him smile at all:woot:. Other than that, I would expect that the landlords would know more about what to expect when the national circus comes to town next year hopefully - I think the scale of it all possibly surprised them a bit.

The whole series so far has been awesome - so many clubs with such great efforts - and lets not forget the efforts put in by PW, Jacqui, Charlie and all the others. So far so good. Well done guys.
Already I can't wait for 2009 - I may even do both classes then:thumbsup:

Gnarly Old Dog
30-06-2008, 12:31 PM
I didn't find it a problem, I didn't listen to you Matt when you said you don't need to do it, I was doing it happily in praccy, half way through the first round, it all seemed easy until I broke it there, my fault, I was on the wrong line and should not have gone for it.

after that I just did it the easy way, I didn't feel I lost much doing it like that, it felt safer, and it was quite enjoyable jumping to the top and punching off.

That's the beauty of the EPR jumps - If you're not comfortable with clearing it for 13 consecutive laps, you don't lose much by punching off the top. It only penalises your exuberence and you lose far more by binning it once than you would do by punching it cleanly for 13 laps.

bigred5765
30-06-2008, 01:07 PM
just got home, we had a extra day in the hotel,
EPR Best national this year buy far, you guys have raised the bar so high, awesome job guys track was fantastic, nay awesome,loved everything track club house food toilet facilities etc etc etc, gona be hard to beat, BIG pat on the back to all involved,
2wd track running clockwise, had a great day and Matty got his best every result c final 4th i think he finished simply awesome, 4wd not as good, i think the track runs better clockwise than anti clockwise ramps jumps all much better that way, and thats the only thing i can think of to improve on,o may red striped on the curbs as lee suggested lol only joking

MattADH
30-06-2008, 01:49 PM
just got home, we had a extra day in the hotel,
EPR Best national this year buy far, you guys have raised the bar so high, awesome job guys track was fantastic, nay awesome,loved everything track club house food toilet facilities etc etc etc, gona be hard to beat, BIG pat on the back to all involved,
2wd track running clockwise, had a great day and Matty got his best every result c final 4th i think he finished simply awesome, 4wd not as good, i think the track runs better clockwise than anti clockwise ramps jumps all much better that way, and thats the only thing i can think of to improve on,o may red striped on the curbs as lee suggested lol only joking

Hi Carl

Thanks for you kind comments. EPR was incredibly worried about the Social Clubs involvement (or lack of it) and no doubt their Debt Collector will be better informed should we be lucky enough to get an event in 2009.

We have run 4WD clockwise at a regional this year but it just didnt feel right - its hard to explain. Personally, I think that the track has a better feel clockwise.
That said, it would be nice to change a couple of corners or just surfaces - not radical but just to freshen it up...

Once again, thanks for all your thoughts...

Racing Snake
30-06-2008, 03:07 PM
Hey guys,

well we got home at the glorious hour of about 6am this morning lol. Did anyone else get stuck on the M1 just after junction 12 last night?? We were stuck there for about 1hr 20mins lol.

As for the track, well it was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup: can't think of another word that describes it better. Very technical & challenging but an amazingly fun track to drive :thumbsup:.

I made some suggestions to DC about track improvements which would involve digging out some concrete markings to generate more layout options, hopefully he has remembered cause would be to hard 2 describe on here lol

Again EPR guys you did a truely amazing job & in such a short period of time, you all deserve the plaudits & the praise that everyone is giving you:thumbsup:

AWESOME JOB, ROLL ON 2009:thumbsup:

Barry Williams
30-06-2008, 03:20 PM
Great track, great weekend, well done to all involved, you should be very proud

Barry

Danny
30-06-2008, 03:27 PM
Had a blast on Saturday, HUGE thanks to everyone that has put in the THOUSANDS of hours of hard graft to get the track into that condition. Everyone on the work team is a legend in my mind. Personally I wouldnt change a thing, least of all the astro :o although if im honest I do miss the red & black on the curbs & corners.

bigred5765
30-06-2008, 03:28 PM
Hi Carl

Thanks for you kind comments. EPR was incredibly worried about the Social Clubs involvement (or lack of it) and no doubt their Debt Collector will be better informed should we be lucky enough to get an event in 2009.

We have run 4WD clockwise at a regional this year but it just didn't feel right - its hard to explain. Personally, I think that the track has a better feel clockwise.
That said, it would be nice to change a couple of corners or just surfaces - not radical but just to freshen it up...

Once again, thanks for all your thoughts...

i think there will be a lot if disapointed people if there isn't a EPR in 2009
So there just had better be:thumbsup:

Lee
30-06-2008, 03:35 PM
People must be impressed, not one person has mentioned/complained about the long drive from up north.:D

millzy
30-06-2008, 03:41 PM
i had a crap drive up thanks to W***ker Cr*p S**t Sat nav i had
but it was well worth it, and thanks to southwell i found the track and Bathy made sure i got back on the m4 fine.

Id go again but id follow some one with a Tomtom and not a road angel

5hrs to get close to the track thanks to my sat nav 45quids worth of fule
3hrs 30mnis( thats including being stuch in london traffic) to get home following bathy in his mk 2 golf and 25quids worth of fule- had 50miles left as well :):)

Rossco_4
30-06-2008, 03:50 PM
Eden Park was fantastic - loved the track even though it killed my xx4 a few times.

that was the first time iv'e been on the M25 and it was crap! then getting stuck on the M1 because of a car fire closed the motorway for over an hour made it even worse! 496 miles each way for us but the trip was well worth it - really looking forward to going to EPR next year!

Wraggy
30-06-2008, 03:57 PM
then getting stuck on the M1 because of a car fire closed the motorway for over an hour made it even worse!
I must of been lucky and just missed that then :woot:

telboy
30-06-2008, 04:40 PM
Regarding the big jump. The main thing that stopped me clearing it consistently is that, because of the way the corner is after it you've only got a very thin line to get it right and line up with the apex of the turn. If there wasn't the kink to the right it would be easier for most to clear it safely. Because when you land it, you have to be turning to the right if you're off line, and thats when people get it wrong.
It just needs the landing area to the next turn being 'straight'.:) So that you don't land on the kerbing.

Other than that the track was excelent. Obviously, the lump in the straight was a bit annoying, and I managed to take out Jimmy's Piespeed banner at the end of the straight when I did catch the lump.:thumbsup:
But I did hang it back up for you Jimbo.

Northy
30-06-2008, 05:08 PM
If the track is run same as Sunday couldn't you just go 'round' the last table top? That looked awesome to me, two high speed off camber corners :thumbsup: pitty we didn't use it in either direction.

Loved the track, was ace, that's what an offroad track should be like.

G

jimmy
30-06-2008, 05:09 PM
haha, that piespeed banner caught a few cars during the 4wd - mine included. I should have had it made with a foam backing - I'll know for next time I guess :woot:

we got stuck on the M1 as well - didn't get home till after 2am :bored:

Bathy
30-06-2008, 05:09 PM
All at EPG thank you very much for all your efforts, both leading up to the event and on the day (I only did 4wd), track was ace, not only to drive around but it looked well smart as well! Clearly a lot of effort had been put in; even the rostrum looked super cool!

Thanks again also to all the BRCA officials making such events possible.

Well done to Chris D for winning 4wd, mighty impressed with your 2nd round drive, making 'something' from potentially 'nothing' was very impressive.

following bathy in his mk 2 golf

Ummm it's a MkI, it's got way more style than a MkII! Hope I was going fast enough; 70-75mph is pretty much its top speed.

David Church
30-06-2008, 06:38 PM
I had a great weekend!!!!!

I am very pleased so many people enjoyed coming to EPR!!!!!!
I must apologise for my poor driving in the 2wd "E" final, sorry guys.

I think we will get a national next year, and no doubt EPR will be in even better shape.

Thanks for all your kind comments:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

GRIFF55
30-06-2008, 06:51 PM
Shame there wasn't more support for the live band, those two guys were great!!! I'm sure Charlie F will back me up here, he was singing like a mad man:woot::thumbsup:

niggs98
30-06-2008, 06:54 PM
thanks for all the positive coments and well dones. had the best weekend in a very long time dispite my manflu leading upto it. hope epr do go for it again next year as although biased i think it was the best so far :thumbsup: well done to grant as he was driving his socks off all weekend which gave me someone to chase and thanks to all the people who just came along to help run things smoothly so the rest of us could have fun. roll on epr o9 :thumbsup:

martboy21
30-06-2008, 09:01 PM
EPR NATIONAL PHOTOS!

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?p=138370#post138370

Stuvon
30-06-2008, 09:01 PM
I just want to say thanks to everyone involved for making my first national a really great weekend!

Thanks especially go to Jonathan and Trevor Brown for all their help and advice, and to Danny McGee for saving my Saturday with his 2WD Losi setup!

Here are links to some photo's I took, the're not of usual oople standard but I did kinda catch the 4WD A Final Heat 2 Car v Marshal incident..

Saturday
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=129905&l=d819f&id=905235111

Sunday: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=129919&l=c0301&id=905235111

CharlieF
01-07-2008, 09:32 AM
Yes Griff I agree the band were very good. Although I thought I was singing in tune - beer does funny things to your hearing!!!
I think the heat in the club house put a lot of people off staying in there.
Overall an excellent National weekend. Great EPR team effort.

David Church
01-07-2008, 08:26 PM
Still buzzin after a great weekend!!!!

Thought I would say a very well done to Grant, mate, you drove like a superstar!!!!! Well done dude:thumbsup:
Also Niggs drove excellent, and Stu, that's the best I have ever seen you drive, well done!!!
There's more, Chris Brooke's first National was a great success, it would be great to see you at many more, hint hint Steve;)
Unlucky to Steve Andrews, ppm, haha.
Andy had good results, but wished he had finished higher, dont we all mate, lol, but well done for both days, considering you put the 4wd together Sunday morning and come 2nd in the "E" final!!!
Matt did well, made the "A" in 2wd, but only the "B" in 4wd, still a great result after all the work you put in.
Congrats to Ellis and Chris D for their win's!!!!

Again thanks for all the kind comments, I had my best results of the year, and am very happy you all enjoyed coming to a track that I helped prepare!!!!!

Hope to see you all there next year, but will see you in Italy if you are going, or at Southport or the next SE Regional at Faversham:thumbsup::thumbsup:

David Church
01-07-2008, 08:27 PM
Sorry but I just had to make my 600th post on this thread haha:thumbsup::woot::thumbsup:

brookie
01-07-2008, 08:41 PM
Charlie - too hot! We really can't win can we!

Anyway, been up the track this evening, just to collect a few things and firstly can't believe how quiet it is now after the weekend and secondly and almost unbelieveably I was personally thanked, with a shake of the hand, by Peter (you all know £5 per night Peter, regardless!!!) for the way we left the area at the close of play on Sunday evening and the fact that he had to do zero tidying on Monday AM.

Now I know we (Team EPR, thanks guys & gals) did most of the actual final tidying, rubbish collection and removal but this was greatly assisted by all you drivers, mechanics, friends and families who made the effort to keep their areas tidy, rubbish free and use the bin bags provided.
Even Pidge!

It doesn't sound like much but it made our job easier at the end of the long weekend and suitably impressed the club, so thanks to you all.

Also, Jimmy hope this link is OK, we're famous on a less well known site:

http://www.redrc.net/2008/07/chris-doughty-wins-eden-park-national/

Damn that vinyl looks professional, thanks Jon W (Exit 13) and Kev M!

niggs98
01-07-2008, 08:43 PM
ere steve any ideas on who the pro was that put the vinal up without measuring it once :woot:

OldTimer
01-07-2008, 08:45 PM
Charlie - too hot! We really can't win can we!

Anyway, been up the track this evening, just to collect a few things and firstly can't believe how quiet it is now after the weekend and secondly and almost unbelieveably I was personally thanked, with a shake of the hand, by Peter (you all know £5 per night Peter, regardless!!!) for the way we left the area at the close of play on Sunday evening and the fact that he had to do zero tidying on Monday AM.

Now I know we (Team EPR, thanks guys & gals) did most of the actual final tidying, rubbish collection and removal but this was greatly assisted by all you drivers, mechanics, friends and families who made the effort to keep their areas tidy, rubbish free and use the bin bags provided.
Even Pidge!

It doesn't sound like much but it made our job easier at the end of the long weekend and suitably impressed the club, so thanks to you all.

Also, Jimmy hope this link is OK, we're famous on a less well known site:

http://www.redrc.net/2008/07/chris-doughty-wins-eden-park-national/

Damn that vinyl looks professional, thanks Jon W (Exit 13) and Kev M!

I thought it would be the ideal place for a photo op, as the logo looks pretty smart in the background ;)

brookie
01-07-2008, 08:46 PM
Please expand, I know you're nearer to France than most of us but English would be nice!

niggs98
01-07-2008, 08:48 PM
edited ;)

brookie
01-07-2008, 08:49 PM
Yeah, thanks Jonathan very much appreciated, here's hoping that our site gets many more hits as a result.

As I said on Sunday many congrats to you, Mick (though he was particularly poor in both Leg Ends races!) and especially Chris and many, many thanks for your kind comments on the track, the team and the facilities!

David Church
01-07-2008, 08:51 PM
edited ;)

Hey I helped by passing a comment!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

David Church
01-07-2008, 08:52 PM
And I had the 400th post on this thread haha:thumbsup:

brookie
01-07-2008, 08:53 PM
Vinal, is that the French spelling:D

Without measuring it once! Cheeky bleeder!
Possibly the worst six hours of the entire 18 months!
I think I'll be apologising to your Mum, for the language I was using, forever!

niggs98
01-07-2008, 09:07 PM
Vinal, is that the French spelling:D

Without measuring it once! Cheeky bleeder!
Possibly the worst six hours of the entire 18 months!
I think I'll be apologising to your Mum, for the language I was using, forever!

its a dc vodka induced spolling mistake :woot:

mum found it funny and has probably heard worse from me over the years m8. we may of taken the micky constantly with your measuring but it looks awsome and i for one would not of enjoyed the job myself :thumbsup: so good work sir. i think your tape measure must need a vacation after thursday either that or retirment :woot::woot::thumbsup:

brookie
01-07-2008, 09:19 PM
From 'She who must be obeyed'!

'Tape measure can't go on holiday until the kitchen's finished!'
:thumbdown::cry::woot::mad:

Spencer Mulcahy
01-07-2008, 09:34 PM
A bit late but thanks to all at EPR for the best national that I have been to the track was fantastic really challenging but fun to drive, well worth the drive from up north looking forward to next year. And I didnt do to bad in 2wd won my final anyway 4wd not as good but there is always next time.

Jonesy
02-07-2008, 06:57 AM
A bit late from me as well but thanks to all at EPR, despite the journey to and from the venue I really enjoyed the weekend. Had issue after issue after issue in 4wd so walking away from that one but 2wd went ok and I enjoyed the track for the first time I'd been there!!

My only moan (I need to get one in) is something I thing I read on this thread on Monday, not sure though, and that is the track markings, maybe a bit of red on some of the corners?? I didn't have an issue myself but I saw a number of drivers constantly hit one of the corners in the small 's' section before the 'hole' in 2wd and jsut after the 'hole' in 4wd.

Enjoyed making use of the bar on Saturday afternoon as well, great work. I would like to go back in 2009, if only to have a proper crack at 4wd.

Lee Martin
02-07-2008, 08:33 AM
markings looked super cool in white.........

come on...how can you miss a white marker on a green track!

Kopite
02-07-2008, 08:59 AM
i think it might've been the white markings on the concrete sections?

...didn't make a difference to me anyway, i crashed on every single part of the track!!:woot:

jim76
02-07-2008, 08:59 AM
have to agree with Lee. I would struggle more if they has red stipes on them!

Lee
02-07-2008, 09:00 AM
I dont really think the stripes are needed i only said that as a joke:blush:

telboy
02-07-2008, 09:22 AM
I think people were htting that certain kerb because they were trying to gain time and slightly cut the kerb. Thing is, they are high and you can't do that without turning the car over.
Best thing to do was stay clear of it.
I found them all perfectly visible....even though I still hit some (whilst rying to tighen my lines).

jim76
02-07-2008, 10:23 AM
I dont really think the stripes are needed i only said that as a joke:blush:

i meant Lee Martin in the previous post you numpty! :p

Lee
02-07-2008, 10:28 AM
I know but i said about stripes on monday morning which is where jonesy saw it and thought it was a good idea :)

James
02-07-2008, 10:29 AM
Results of EPR and standings after 4 rounds have appeared on www.onetenthoffroad.co.uk (http://www.onetenthoffroad.co.uk) :)

Chris Doughty
02-07-2008, 10:43 AM
seriously tight for the top3 in 4WD!

millzy
02-07-2008, 10:46 AM
nice to see its tight with 3 diffrent chassis

RLGfx
02-07-2008, 10:53 AM
mmmmmmmmmmm..... tight....

Kopite
02-07-2008, 10:57 AM
oh my word, i was thinking the exact same thing :drool:

Chris Doughty
02-07-2008, 11:12 AM
and, I have exactly the same points as I finished last season with :woot: :eh?:

Jonesy
02-07-2008, 12:30 PM
oh my word, i was thinking the exact same thing :drool:

What a suprise!!!! what time did you get back in the end mate?? Can't believe how quickly we drove to be fair!!

Danny McGee
02-07-2008, 12:33 PM
and, I have exactly the same points as I finished last season with :woot: :eh?:

And just think if i have 2 good finishes i can get to about 515 so that should be fun. Cant not have a losi that far up now can we

Chris Doughty
02-07-2008, 12:55 PM
And just think if i have 2 good finishes i can get to about 515 so that should be fun. Cant not have a losi that far up now can we

Race Ya!

Big E
02-07-2008, 12:58 PM
Theres a few people who can still win 4wd to be fair...anything can happen yet with 2 more meetings to go to, should be fun.....sort of :bored:

millzy
02-07-2008, 01:03 PM
it will be better at southport as im not there to change the % of the tq man winnig lol

David Church
02-07-2008, 07:42 PM
You can praise me or blame me for the white curbs, I wanted white curbs, and as I donated all the paint and spent many hours painting the curbs, along with others, they let me leave them white:thumbsup:
I personally think it looked sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

Chris Doughty
02-07-2008, 09:19 PM
You can praise me or blame me for the white curbs, I wanted white curbs, and as I donated all the paint and spent many hours painting the curbs, along with others, they let me leave them white:thumbsup:
I personally think it looked sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

I thought the pure white looked very Pro!

Gnarly Old Dog
02-07-2008, 09:23 PM
Hey DC, White kerbs were cool. I had no problem in seeing them - especially when they jumped out in front of my car and bit it:woot:

Couldn't see the bumps though - can you paint them for me next time plur-lease???

CharlieF
02-07-2008, 09:35 PM
One final thanks must go to niggs' mum who administed to my "First Aid" needs on Sunday. Very professional.
Many thanks.

niggs98
02-07-2008, 09:40 PM
was it you who had a scissor incedent charlie. shall pass on ya thanks. hope you are ok m8. only had one worrying first aid incedent all weekend n that was sir teddy of trueman trying to chat my mum up under the pretence that he had sun burn :woot: was a little worried at that one :cry:

CharlieF
02-07-2008, 09:44 PM
Yep. Stabbin right in the left hand!

niggs98
02-07-2008, 10:02 PM
as long as you are ok now charlie. mum also wanted to say thanks for the nice bottle of wine she recieved from the club for her weekend of help, was very unexpected and very apreciated, also a thanks to alex's mum who found me some sinutabs as i was a touch full of flu all weekend and it was hitting my sunus's as of friday so she was a complete life saver for me from a major migrane ;)

Wraggy
03-07-2008, 07:09 AM
only had one worrying first aid incedent all weekend n that was sir teddy of trueman trying to chat my mum up under the pretence that he had sun burn :woot:
not the fact that he had a huge hand print on his back then !!!!:woot::thumbsup:

Lee Martin
03-07-2008, 08:27 AM
oooo 4wd is tight........! roll on southport!!!!!! wahooo!

Northy
03-07-2008, 08:45 AM
What about Lion-O's thumb? Did he call Claims Direct? :confused:

Heard the GLC track?

G

bigred5765
03-07-2008, 10:25 AM
thumbs fine thanks, no claims,unless it falls of lmao, glc???wtf

Lee
03-07-2008, 10:27 AM
Goldie Lookin Chain, Carl

Get with it man :woot:

bigred5765
03-07-2008, 10:42 AM
lol bling,me isa no bling man

Kopite
03-07-2008, 02:35 PM
did many people in 4wd try both a front diff and a one way roller/system? and if so, what did they feel was the best on that track?

Southwell
03-07-2008, 02:40 PM
I know Trish and Ryan ran both in their D4's and both prefered a one way diff by miles.

Chris Doughty
03-07-2008, 02:56 PM
I used 1-way 'diff' all day long, all seaon long and some

jim76
03-07-2008, 03:02 PM
i ran the centre one way in my D4 and it was awesome, really driveable on each section.

niggs98
03-07-2008, 03:04 PM
diff in the front with a oneway prop, felt very safe and pushable when needed

David Church
03-07-2008, 06:40 PM
I ran diff's, as there is no 1 way avaliable for my car, but was very good:thumbsup:

Wraggy
03-07-2008, 07:09 PM
I ran diff's, as there is no 1 way avaliable for my car, but was very good:thumbsup:
??? you were running an Atomized B44 wasnt you ??

Southwell
03-07-2008, 07:15 PM
Thats what i thought? :confused:

David Church
03-07-2008, 07:17 PM
??? you were running an Atomized B44 wasnt you ??

Ah yes, let me clarify, I would prefer to run the 1 way on the layshaft, and that is not avaliable, could have run a 1 way, if the 1 for the s-4 fit, I think?????:confused:

telboy
03-07-2008, 08:13 PM
I ran diffs and full time 4wd in practice 1, and then tried the centre oneway with diffs, and it was just soooo much quicker.

Was it just me or was the tyre wear on sunday horendous?

niggs98
03-07-2008, 08:14 PM
the spikes do wear quick but its the compound that works there so old tyres work just fine

jim76
03-07-2008, 09:10 PM
i did practice and first 3 heats on a worn set of tyres from Taly. I changed to a new set for round 4 and got worse!
i thought tyres were fine!

Stuvon
03-07-2008, 09:25 PM
I found the best compromise was to use worn tyres, new ones lacked bite on the tarmac and concrete sections. And were a handful on the astro.

RLGfx
05-07-2008, 01:18 PM
i know jimmy's a busy boy... but...... pics pics pics!:p

Kopite
05-07-2008, 01:41 PM
i thought tyres were more crucial on the rear of the 2wd, to get driving traction

RLGfx
05-07-2008, 01:49 PM
yeah, but you're gay....

telboy
05-07-2008, 02:06 PM
I used worn ones through practise and then for the first run, but they were no good. I found that new were deffo better, but i suppose it all depends on the car set up too. Didn't matter too much on the tarmac really as there was more astro than tarmac.

PaulRotheram
05-07-2008, 03:29 PM
i know jimmy's a busy boy... but...... pics pics pics!:p

Jimmy is in italy, and you're both gay, stan may be slightly more gay however. :woot:

Chrislong
08-07-2008, 07:43 PM
Hey Guys,
Am I missing something? I never found any addition of photos from the Talywain national but somebody PM'd or MSN'd me a link, can't remember who. So I saw it, but still never found a link within oOple.

Same for EPR, not found any pictures yet, just keep seeing some crazy Swedish guy (im sorry Daniel/BBQ, your a great bloke).

Evo_Snr
09-07-2008, 12:26 PM
Hey Guys,
Am I missing something? I never found any addition of photos from the Talywain national but somebody PM'd or MSN'd me a link, can't remember who. So I saw it, but still never found a link within oOple.

Same for EPR, not found any pictures yet, just keep seeing some crazy Swedish guy (im sorry Daniel/BBQ, your a great bloke).
Some EPR Photos http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?p=138481#post138481

Chrislong
09-07-2008, 06:07 PM
Some EPR Photos http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?p=138481#post138481

Hi Eric, I have seen those ones from Marty and they're really good! :thumbsup: Still anxious to see oOple coverage too :blush::blush:

David Church
16-07-2008, 08:14 PM
This is a valid point Mr Jimmy???? I know you are busy, but please don't neglect us people from down souf!!!!!!!

Where is the report for EPR PPPPLLLLLLEEEEEAAAAASSSSEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

Thank you

Chris Doughty
17-07-2008, 11:15 AM
it does seem like we will end up getting back from southport to read the EPR national report the next day :p

RLGfx
18-07-2008, 03:40 PM
:(:(

Mrs oOple
18-07-2008, 11:38 PM
Patience! It'll be worth the wait :thumbsup:

Wraggy
30-07-2008, 12:52 PM
Patience! It'll be worth the wait :thumbsup:
must be developing the pics at boots :p:p

Chris Doughty
04-08-2008, 09:11 PM
Any Chance?

bigred5765
04-08-2008, 09:36 PM
have i missed the link to the pics or is jimmy still snowed under?

trekkerkk
05-08-2008, 12:54 PM
i was thinking the same carl,
cant find a link anywere,

trekkker

Wraggy
05-08-2008, 12:56 PM
cant find a link anywere,

trekkker
and you wont because it hasnt been done yet ..

ben
05-08-2008, 12:56 PM
Patience guys:thumbsup:

millzy
05-08-2008, 01:00 PM
yes my doctor has them

and jimmy has the pics :):)

Chris Doughty
11-08-2008, 11:21 AM
we will see the report before the stotfold report?

RLGfx
13-08-2008, 08:32 AM
did something happen at this meeting which we're not allowed to see? :eh?:

Lee
13-08-2008, 08:35 AM
I got molested by some old bird at the wedding on the friday night :cry:

RLGfx
13-08-2008, 08:45 AM
cooooooool..... show us pics of that!:thumbsup:

Lee
13-08-2008, 08:49 AM
She wanted to come back to the tent, but i thought it might be too much for lil ben.

Although when i got back and told him he was well up for watching :woot:

niggs98
13-08-2008, 08:53 AM
She wanted to come back to the tent, but i thought it might be too much for lil ben.

Although when i got back and told him he was well up for watching :woot:

is jemison some weird code or anigram for dover, i bet he had his camera ready and everything

Lee
13-08-2008, 08:54 AM
The poor lad hasn`t seen a pair of tits before :woot::thumbsup:

RLGfx
13-08-2008, 08:57 AM
you should've taken her back and set her loose on him.... and then sealed the tent and run for cover....

Lee
13-08-2008, 08:59 AM
She would have eaten him alive.

The best bit was she had a mate who ben riley was chatting too, all this woman kept saying was how her husband just left her with the 5 kids. While the other was asking which tent was mine :woot:

Oh and supposedly caravans are boring ;)

Kopite
13-08-2008, 09:54 AM
all this woman kept saying was how her husband just left her with the 5 kids.

it would've been like throwing a toothpick into a volcano :thumbdown:

Body Paint
13-08-2008, 10:01 AM
it would've been like throwing a toothpick into a volcano :thumbdown:

LMFAO.. are you refering to the bird? Or do you know things about Lee that another man should not know? :D

dancoog
14-08-2008, 09:58 AM
Did someone press delete on the EPR National photos?
Has Steve not paid the ransom to have the report released?
Was there a question of tampering with the results?

I need my fix.. I don't have a life this is all I live for!! Somebody throw me a lifeline...

RLGfx
15-08-2008, 02:47 PM
must be developing the pics at boots :p:p

I guess there's a queue... :(

David Church
15-08-2008, 02:52 PM
Aw come on man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JIMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Put up the report or I will DC Vodka you, Gaz styleeeeeeeeeee:thumbsup:

niggs98
15-08-2008, 03:26 PM
either that or we will just set a dc vodka'd up dc on you :woot:

Gaz_Stanton
16-08-2008, 01:14 PM
or I will DC Vodka you, Gaz styleeeeeeeeeee:thumbsup:

:o :thumbsup: :blush:

dancoog
03-09-2008, 04:34 PM
Its official, now there is print reviews of the EP national on the stands.. guess my wait os over to read about what happened on the best track in the UK.;)

Chris Doughty
03-09-2008, 04:41 PM
Its official, now there is print reviews of the EP national on the stands.. guess my wait os over to read about what happened on the best track in the UK.;)

what mag and where?

sly
03-09-2008, 04:41 PM
p take

tyreman
03-09-2008, 04:48 PM
I have the latest issue of Racer, and it's not in there?

trekkerkk
03-09-2008, 04:54 PM
its not in racer

trekkker

trekkerkk
03-09-2008, 04:54 PM
brian you beat me lol,

trekkker

Yardeeee
03-09-2008, 04:57 PM
it's in radio race car...

_sleigh_
03-09-2008, 05:03 PM
Nice one Keith

jimmy
03-09-2008, 05:07 PM
Good one Keith!

Mrs oOple
03-09-2008, 05:14 PM
p take

I don't think it was a p-take, I think there is a report out there. I haven't seen it yet but nice work Keith. It is also my belief that Racer Magazine are processing the Eden Park report for release shortly, :thumbsup:

Big E
03-09-2008, 06:24 PM
But is the land of oople processing there report :eh?:

niggs98
04-09-2008, 04:13 PM
normally oople land is 3-4 months ahead of the mags not behind them :wtf:

Chris Doughty
08-09-2008, 02:07 PM
any chance?

Wraggy
08-09-2008, 02:08 PM
think they have something against you Chris as its the one you Won !!!!!!
id take it personally :woot::woot::p

Chris Doughty
08-09-2008, 02:09 PM
think they have something against you Chris as its the one you Won !!!!!!
id take it personally :woot::woot::p

the ONLY one I win since oOple reports have been going on and they cut it :rolleyes: