PDA

View Full Version : BRCA Regional Rep South West

Mowen208fly
06-11-2013, 08:11 PM
Well after 25 years of a great job David Rowcliffe felt it was time to step down as regional rep and well done to him for doing this role for 25 years :thumbsup:

So at the TRCCC agm last friday it was voted in that myself Martin Owen would take over from David and see if I can last 25 years!.

Just a brief bit about myself I have been involved in RC racing on and off for about 28 years I was lucky to have been brought up racing in Southern California with some of the best just a shame I was to young to appreciate it. In about 2000 I started racing again in this country after moving back from the US and joined Tiverton Radio Control Car club where I became a committee member of the club which moved onto vice chairman and then Chairman where I was involved in hosting the 2002 1/10 off road Euros which was a great success and was a great thing to be part of. I unfortunately took a few years of racing about 10 to be exact to do grown up things like get married and produce another RC car racer!! Upon my return I have found that this hobby has grown in the South West over the last few years with the Worm venue in WSM and a growing winter series down in Torquay and still the great summer series of TRCCC and we had a great turn out for the regional this year that I had experience first hand of running these events.

So going forward in my new role I would like to hold a Regional AGM meeting sometime in the New Year and would like to invite 2 members from all the local clubs that are interested in holding a regional next year and please feel free to inbox me any ideas that you would like to see going forward this year at our regional events I can't promise your ideas will happen but would like to get some feedback but please inbox this to me.

Hope to see you all soon at our local race meetings

Martin :thumbsup::thumbsup: