PDA

View Full Version : Serpent Spyder SRX-4

mes
10-01-2015, 04:11 PM
I took these screen shots from a redrc advertising banner today. Nuremberg Toy Fair seems to be interesting this year... ;)

RudeTony
11-01-2015, 10:13 AM
It won't be long :)

OneKiwi
11-01-2015, 06:10 PM
I cant wait.:thumbsup:

lee.willows
12-01-2015, 11:32 AM
Cannot wait either. Tony can you tell us anything about it?

UN4RACING
18-01-2015, 03:03 AM
Sure would like to see one

OneKiwi
18-01-2015, 07:17 PM
Im pretty sure billy will be using one at the reedy race I think its next weekend or this week.
THere will be some footage and maybe pics if they are allowed. Sure something will surface withint a week or so

mes
19-01-2015, 03:37 PM
Otherwise it is just one more week until Nuremberg Toy Fair. ;)

hansie
25-01-2015, 03:10 PM
Hello all,

Post nr 24 :-)

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/856552-serpent-spyder-srx-4-a-2.html

or this

https://www.facebook.com/SerpentMRC

I just asked the same question on the other site and this was the answer!

Greetings

Hans

dazp83
25-01-2015, 06:13 PM
Really like the look of that, hope it's out soon.

OneKiwi
25-01-2015, 07:14 PM
http://events.redrc.net/2015/01/new-in-the-pits-serpent/

http://events.redrc.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/East4wd_121-620x372.jpg

http://events.redrc.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/East4wd_101-620x372.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-ts=1421914688&v=l3Oi7PRY8P4&x-yt-cl=84503534

dMITIj
25-01-2015, 08:01 PM
it is looking so sweet!! and looks the bomb! and the youtube vid omg.æ... me want me want :thumbsup:

JoelMaher
25-01-2015, 09:13 PM
Looks good, I wonder how it would go as a 2wd

mes
26-01-2015, 04:07 PM
Not sure what to think about it yet, may have to take a closer look...
:eh?::thumbsup::confused::o

RudeTony
26-01-2015, 04:40 PM
Reservations for the first batch in the UK can be made here

www.serpentuk.com

Also more pics :)

dazp83
26-01-2015, 09:53 PM
Have reserved one, thanks for the heads up. Wonder how long before the 2wd version is out?

lee.willows
26-01-2015, 10:25 PM
Have reserved one, roll on March. Something totally different to race. Looks really nice. Need to sort decent low profile before then.

Can anyone advice a decent LP? I do have a Savox, but not sure if it has torque etc.

tyreman
29-04-2015, 09:43 AM
This thread has died off a little any more info??

RudeTony
29-04-2015, 10:57 AM
This thread has died off a little any more info??

You obviously don't keep an eye on the social media Brian :)
Until the car is in our hands, we don't have much to shout about mate - see you at Kiddy :)

GRIFF55
01-05-2015, 08:51 AM
Have you got one to run at kiddy maaa? Interested to see how they go on uk tracks

corkyjohnson75
01-05-2015, 09:01 AM
Does any one no what the hold up is on the 4WD ?

I'm thinking of going serpent .

racingdwarf
01-05-2015, 04:09 PM
Yer I was thinking the same, like the look of it but from above posts looked to be March release, now may no sign and no news on serpent site.

PaulUpton
01-05-2015, 05:38 PM
Short answer is.....car was designed then jorn/hupo joined the team, they felt some changes were needed to be made to make the car more European friendly.

So a short delay but end result will be worth it 👍🏼

OneKiwi
01-05-2015, 05:52 PM
I read on FB that there wer a few changes after there was a lot of testing or different surfaces.

Billy and the team really want to get it great out of the box so Im sure the wait will be worth it.

Dear all,, I have seen some posts on here about the release and so on of the car.. As you know its been pushed back slightly, but honestly for good reason. We have had more cars on the track in a variety of conditions and want to make sure we provide you the best car we can. In order to do this, it has required a small amount of extra time to refine what we have in order to make sure you as a customer are fully satisfied.. I am sorry for the inconvenience, but you have my word, you will benefit from the extra efforts on our side..smile emoticon Sincerely , BE

OneKiwi
07-05-2015, 11:14 AM
Im hoping the buggy gets released this month if possible :thumbsup:

Tony any thoughts? :D

RudeTony
07-05-2015, 01:30 PM
Im hoping the buggy gets released this month if possible :thumbsup:

Tony any thoughts? :D

It will be end of the month or early next for sure.
We have bodies now for people to buy and get sprayed up and ready!
Frustrating but like I've said many times, it better to have a good car rather than loads of updates and so on

hansie
25-05-2015, 11:16 AM
Hello all,

Is there any news on the release of this buggy?

Regards,

Hans

Jez
27-05-2015, 11:47 PM
what wheel fitment will this car be using?also,is anybody making an alternative shell?not a great lover of cab forward style,but if that's the only choice,i'll take it.can't wait to throw it around York track soon.

RudeTony
28-05-2015, 08:02 AM
Hi all
Release date is still June as we speak.
12mm hex drive like all other car. You will find that all manufacturers are working in making this a standard scenario.
You are the first that has said they are not sure of the shell.
i doubt anyone will do anything as yet.
The shell is gorgeous!!
LOL

Jez
28-05-2015, 01:53 PM
Hi all
Release date is still June as we speak.
12mm hex drive like all other car. You will find that all manufacturers are working in making this a standard scenario.
You are the first that has said they are not sure of the shell.
i doubt anyone will do anything as yet.
The shell is gorgeous!!
LOL
thanks for your reply.i suppose painted it should look just fine.i will take your word for it.is there any chance of listing any part numbers so we can get some spares ordered?also I would appreciate a full list of bearing sizes and quantity of each?
I would likemy bearings to arrive from states ready for build time.many thanks,jez.

Jez
24-06-2015, 09:55 AM
are we still expecting a june release tony?

RudeTony
25-06-2015, 08:45 AM
Unfortunately you can add another 2 weeks on that.
I have now asked for a FIRM date so I don't have to answer that question 5 times a day - LOL

Jez
25-06-2015, 10:26 AM
thanks for reply.

The_doctor
29-06-2015, 12:39 AM
ive been told from good sorce that we may not see the car until just before the worlds as they r having trob with the rear diff SH$#$#ing itself!!!! under load something is moving .....I think it could be the diff height inserts flexing or the other inserts as the plastics may hav to be hardend for the extra loads put on the diff from Carpet racing!!!!:thumbsup:
just got the 2wdmm and wow what a car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

RudeTony
29-06-2015, 10:43 AM
ive been told from good sorce that we may not see the car until just before the worlds as they r having trob with the rear diff SH$#$#ing itself!!!! under load something is moving .....I think it could be the diff height inserts flexing or the other inserts as the plastics may hav to be hardend for the extra loads put on the diff from Carpet racing!!!!:thumbsup:
just got the 2wdmm and wow what a car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

As you may know, I have a car that I have been running.
No troubles at all.
Nothing moving. No flexing as you are calling it. No troubles at all.
Sorry to disappoint but your source is not very good.

All the best for now

OneKiwi
30-06-2015, 07:13 AM
Tony we love you but I don't think you drive like Jörn, no one does.

At the EOS there were complaints about the diff not holding up on the carpet, but thats HIGH grip.

I really don't mind that there are problems, better now before the release and get it fixed unlike the XB4 with their several fopars they have had to deal with after the release.
LOL not owning and deniying their mistakes.

Id rather say there are problems but they are on it than just pushing the date without info, but Im used to dates being pushed so Ill be happy when it gets here.

RudeTony
30-06-2015, 08:34 AM
Hi yah Si

Well remember that Jorn is also an Orion driver and we use the very same motors, speedos and so on.
The power running through the transmissions are the same.
You could argue he is faster because he is smoother and can get in the power earlier and and and (oh! and younger - lol)
BUT
it can be argued I am not as fast because I may be erratic, on and off the throttle and so on (I'm super smooth really!!)
THEN SURELY
I should be the one that should have problems.

Only kidding but just showing that it could be anything.
Like I said many time before on social media, Jorn has done a lot of running. All it takes is a worn bearing that you don't realise, or a loose screw giving flex in areas that are not needed and with the hard landings like at EOS meetings, you develop a problem that really doesn't affect normal racing conditions or normal wear and tear on buggies.

Like I've said, I've had no issues

The_doctor
02-07-2015, 12:29 AM
thanks for letting us know.....
but when u get no word from the factory on whats going on ...as a lot of us hav put up money on a preorder....just like to know the new release date ...if there is no flexing going on then Y is the rear diff letting go????
also got one of the pre release bodys for the car only to be told that a new one is now being made ......how about letting people know whats going on with the car!!!!!:thumbsup:

muratti
02-07-2015, 07:24 AM
Huh i just bought a body and let it send to my painter... Would it mean the current body can only be used if there is NO fan on the esc and the motor?? I thought it would at least acommodate an esc fan as i never run my cars without it.

Origineelreclamebord
02-07-2015, 07:39 AM
Huh i just bought a body and let it send to my painter... Would it mean the current body can only be used if there is NO fan on the esc and the motor?? I thought it would at least acommodate an esc fan as i never run my cars without it.

Maybe it'd be useful if Tony could confirm this, but going by Jorn's layout it is possible:

http://www.petitrc.com/setup/serpent/setupsrx4/SRX4_ElectronicsSetups/2.jpg

Of course who knows whether that is an unmodified bodyshell...

leeboy44
02-07-2015, 11:18 AM
When I asked the question on the facebook page the answer I had from Tony is that the shell he is selling is the updated shell

If this is not the case then I won't be very happy as my £20awsome shell and £32 paint job is not going to fit then it's refund time
I'm sure this is not the case and it will be cleared up by Tony very soon

For those of you who has not had the opportunity to see this car in the flesh you will have a very big smile on your face once you have seen it! It's awesome

muratti
02-07-2015, 04:16 PM
That sounds all good. I'm sure Tony can confirm this.

RudeTony
02-07-2015, 06:59 PM
Hi guys
I am not sure where everyone is getting their information from and to be honest I don't care. Its not reliable info.
What I tell you is from the manufacturers direct and is info they give to all distributors. I also give you honest opinions on the car as one of their drivers.
I really can't help if people want to believe others - I really can't help there.

The bodies that we have in stock and you see painted on my car are the current body to be released with the car. We had many in stock and nearly all sold all over the world. To my current knowledge we are the only ones that have the bodies unless other distributors have now got them.

I just don't know what else I can tell you all.
Here is my car sitting on the grid only 2 weeks ago at the EPR BRCA National :)

The_doctor
08-07-2015, 11:11 PM
TANX

:thumbsup: any news thou on a release??

muratti
09-07-2015, 06:38 PM
I talked to the Austrian Distributor of Serpent and he phoned Serpent directly who told them exactly what Billy Easton wrote. End of July the kits will ship from China and will arrive in Europe (and i think also the US) in the first week of August.

The_doctor
09-07-2015, 11:22 PM
:thumbsup:Tanx we should see them here in Australia by the end of august!?

mkb
08-08-2015, 01:52 PM

Nice

tyreman
09-08-2015, 02:04 PM
:thumbsup:Tanx we should see them here in Australia by the end of august!?

I doubt it as when i was taking to Hupo they haven't even started on the manual, as they are still making/testing parts for it.

Realistically I would think it's going to be after the worlds now, so September/November time.

InsideLineModels
12-08-2015, 11:50 AM
We have just been informed that the kits are expected sometime next week!

Jorn's looked very good at the Euro's, winning the first leg and coming second overall.

We have a preorder still available if anyone want to reserve one

Kev

jpmatrix
12-08-2015, 02:04 PM
So will the srx4 have the option to run shorties?

RudeTony
12-08-2015, 02:10 PM
I doubt it as when i was taking to Hupo they haven't even started on the manual, as they are still making/testing parts for it.

Realistically I would think it's going to be after the worlds now, so September/November time.

Your information is wrong Brian.
i already have a manual - its just waiting for some minor parts numbers before we release it.
The car is going to be with us this month.

RudeTony
12-08-2015, 02:11 PM
So will the srx4 have the option to run shorties?

Its an easy mod to run shorties - i am sure Serpent at some point will do the small conversion needed but like I said, its an easy do

mkb
20-08-2015, 06:33 PM
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=956989250988484&id=107028282651256&refid=17&_ft_=top_level_post_id.956989250988484&__tn__=%2As:thumbsup:

mkb
28-08-2015, 11:39 AM
:thumbsup:I have my car:thumbsup:
Now quickly build

Origineelreclamebord
28-08-2015, 02:27 PM
I've seen one of these in the flesh recently... from design point of view it's pretty clever and whatever it's like to drive one can only appreciate that a manufacturer is putting such a different concept on the market :)

@mkb: Is this for the endurance race tomorrow? :lol:

mkb
28-08-2015, 06:28 PM
I've seen one of these in the flesh recently... from design point of view it's pretty clever and whatever it's like to drive one can only appreciate that a manufacturer is putting such a different concept on the market :)

@mkb: Is this for the endurance race tomorrow? :lol:

Yes tomorrow the 12th hour of arendonk :thumbsup:

Hopefully he survives it.

The car drives like a schumacher cat sx2 (I've also had. With much rear grip)

Stevebolt
29-08-2015, 09:05 PM
Does the car run 12mm hex ?

mkb
30-08-2015, 09:18 AM
Does the car run 12mm hex ?

Yes 4x12mm hex

Stevebolt
30-08-2015, 05:49 PM
Cheers , anybody running on carpet

Bigdawgracer
03-09-2015, 05:12 PM
Hi All,

Happy days.

Thanks to Kev at Inside Line, this just arrived, and I've just bought one of Tyremans screw sets to go with it;-

The_doctor
29-09-2015, 01:48 AM
anyone having a problem with the front belt being too tight!!!!!!!!!!
I hav it on the loosest setting and its way too tight!!!! for my stock motor!!!
apart from that the car works great best 4wd in a long time!!!!
the car is built prop and all works but the front belt is just tight!!!! when I first ran the car u had to keep the throttle open alittle and coast thru the corner as if u lifted off the throttle the car almost comes to a dead stop .....like I said the whole car is free and working great around the track but the belt is way too tight!!!???????:thumbsup:

racingdwarf
29-09-2015, 06:44 AM
Is it the belt or is it the front wheels binding, check the other threads on here
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=172089

maybe the problem, hope this helps:)

The_doctor
29-09-2015, 07:51 AM
tanx look into it on weekend and seemed fine but will put some washers in and see tanx!

dMITIj
07-10-2015, 03:34 PM
Hi all.

1. How do you guys like your SRX-4? do it hold up ore is it fragile, how do it perform?

2. is there some must have parts right from the go? saddle pack ore Shorty?

3. and how is it compared to TLR 22-4 ore Kyosho ZX6 if anyone can give a word ore two :)

Thanks.

feniks
07-10-2015, 09:10 PM
I had myne as frist in België.
And I run it shorty sinds Day one .
On low grip it works verry good sinds Day one .
On hich grip I ran it aswel Bud than u will need the alloy shassis and run it with saddels or that is what I will do next time on hich grip .
Eder way I like the way it drives and handels verry mutch .

dMITIj
09-10-2015, 06:07 PM
wtf, is Jorn Neumann back on his Durango?
http://gallery.neobuggy.net/2015races/2015-IFMAR-Worlds/2015-Worlds-Day-6-4WD/i-4F4SbMm

mkb
09-10-2015, 07:08 PM
It's not even a serpent prototype but a fully fledged Durango (v5 or so)

more pix

http://gallery.neobuggy.net/2015races/2015-IFMAR-Worlds/2015-Worlds-Day-6-4WD

neallewis
09-10-2015, 11:42 PM
Just get any old durago chassis, and stick a serpent sticker on it, and you've got their new car. :thumbsup:

cmgreen
10-10-2015, 12:06 PM
Just get any old durago chassis, and stick a serpent sticker on it, and you've got their new car. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

dMITIj
10-10-2015, 06:30 PM
im awaiting my SRX-4 to show up next week i hope, but in the meantime ill like to get the stof i need for a shorty-setup

So were can i buy the stuff needed for a shorty setup?

and can this be done on the Carbon chassi with a normal drill ore? and is there a "how to" any were? :)

feniks
13-10-2015, 12:18 PM
The only thing u need is a dremel.
And a small piece off epoxy to make a New batery stap
Nothing 2 it

racingdwarf
13-10-2015, 11:15 PM
http://www.neobuggy.net/2015/10/13/serpent-statement-on-japan-worlds/#more-64942

Wow just read this, it weaves and snakes a bit but basically we just released the car and already admit the production version is so bad in high grip that the team couldn't even use it as their last choice and are already designing a new car! And now Gerd working with us we are designing a new car….the durango.Wow, great news for all those who have bought one

And the 2wd we opted to use the durango oops sorry I mean prototype car with front drive shafts removed.As anything was better than what we are selling

What a great PR job, I thought the 4wd was designed to be a dirt and european style astro car?

I hope they have a healthy bank balance as I'd be amazed if this behaviour boosts sales of a new 4wd.

Could have been worse tho, Jorn could have won with it, that would have been tricky:lol:

RudeTony
14-10-2015, 08:10 AM
Wow just read this, it weaves and snakes a bit but basically we just released the car and already admit the production version is so bad in high grip that the team couldn't even use it as their last choice and are already designing a new car! And now Gerd working with us we are designing a new car….the durango.Wow, great news for all those who have bought one

And the 2wd we opted to use the durango oops sorry I mean prototype car with front drive shafts removed.As anything was better than what we are selling

What a great PR job, I thought the 4wd was designed to be a dirt and european style astro car?
http://www.neobuggy.net/2015/10/13/serpent-statement-on-japan-worlds/#more-64942

I hope they have a healthy bank balance as I'd be amazed if this behaviour boosts sales of a new 4wd.

Could have been worse tho, Jorn could have won with it, that would have been tricky:lol:

Dave, tut tut.
That is NOT what it states. That is the way you are reading it for whatever reason.
I am sure many of you have been around the sport for years and realise that every manufacturer would do whatever it takes to win a world championship.
I can name you all but one that had prototype cars and really none of them did any good apart from X-Ray (obviously)
For your info, we cannot get enough SRX4 kits for the demand and what happened at the worlds on a stupid track and surface is sod all to do in how good the current cars are in the real world and the tracks we race on. Yes the SRX2 MM might just might not have the edge on high grip Astro but as a mid car its one of the best.
Furthermore, if you look at Billy's lap times on a surface he has never driven on, he was doing as good if not better than the prototype cars. That clearly states the cars were good.

Don't mind anyone giving their opinions but only if all the facts are presented please and please also not that my comments are not to become argumentative but to simply state facts. Everyone has opinions and all are respected

Catch you all soon Tony Evdoka

cmgreen
14-10-2015, 08:56 AM
Dave, tut tut.
That is NOT what it states. That is the way you are reading it for whatever reason.
I am sure many of you have been around the sport for years and realise that every manufacturer would do whatever it takes to win a world championship.
I can name you all but one that had prototype cars and really none of them did any good apart from X-Ray (obviously)

Think the New Schumacher K2 did fantastic, actually both cars 2 & 4WD did amazing!

racingdwarf
14-10-2015, 09:43 AM
Hi tony. My point, If you produce a product you stand by it, Just as you have here:thumbsup:.I agree most were using prototypes based on the car they are currently producing and selling, some we may see in the future like the Kyosho 2wd used by Elliot etc and some we may not like the AE car. But how many teams arrived track side with a car from another manufacturer? Serpents top drivers arrived not with a prototype, they arrived with durangos with serpent stickers on the shell apart from billy who stood by his design as you would expect.
Sod the worlds this is about respecting customers who are spending their hard earned money on serpent product.If the new car,parts and plans had all gone tits up then serpent were only left with one choice, use the car they have just released SRX-4 and if the team drivers didn't like it well tough thats part of being a team.So say Jorn won with the Errrm prototype do you put World Champion on the SRX-4 Box?
The B44 was obviously causing the team a headache but they didn't rush back to the hotel and build X-rays for the next day.

Manufacturers I have seen do many things to win worlds, but never use a different make then call it there own

But I do agree with one thing mate, world track was poo, and who do you think you are with "tut tut":p

RudeTony
14-10-2015, 10:34 AM
tut tut

racingdwarf
14-10-2015, 10:44 AM
Oooo I could crush a grape!