PDA

View Full Version : Racing in 09?

chris68nufc
01-01-2009, 08:08 PM
Whos going next tuesday?

Hope to see as many people there as possible. Got another Cat SX setup to try out! HA HA.

jimmiprice
01-01-2009, 08:43 PM
Ill be there only to try and blag a go of a couple of peoples cars so i can decide what im going to buy.
Good news is that a few of the lads from 8th scale have been buying buggies so there will be 5 or 6 new members starting this year.
Jimmi......

dayxwalker
01-01-2009, 09:02 PM
I will be there with the b4 ! First proper jarrow night

dayxwalker
01-01-2009, 09:11 PM
Can anyone balance my lipo ? I have just ordered a second one so havnt got the cash for one till next month

Dalla
01-01-2009, 10:00 PM
Hi Tim,
I've just bought a trakpower charger and balancer, but I'm not buying lipos until the BRCA list comes out, so your welcome to use it Tuesday. I wouldn't mind trying it out anyway :D

Dalla
01-01-2009, 10:13 PM
Hi,
I've sent off the club membership and the following members:-

PE, GW, NA, SA, ID.

I would like to get all other members paid up ASAP, so if you could bring your £18 with you on Tuesday. I'll make sure I have plenty of forms. :thumbsup:

(Tim :- When you raced 15 years ago did you have a BRCA number? It may still be valid, if you can remember it? :lol:)

dayxwalker
01-01-2009, 10:16 PM
Thanks ! That would be great ! I am going to get the trackpower one also !

dayxwalker
01-01-2009, 10:20 PM
I am sure I was not a member ! Don't think many did back then ? But I could be wrong !
I can bring my cash for brca and to join jarrow on tue
Thanks

chrispattinson
05-01-2009, 03:34 PM
I'll be there, can't wait to see how rubbish I am after a long break. Still havnt touched the car since the regional, where Peter fixed my electronics by crashing into it on the ramp. Roll on Tuesday!

turbo_brick
05-01-2009, 03:43 PM
Don't be expecting me to fix it again on tues:lol:

Peter

chris68nufc
05-01-2009, 08:22 PM
Excuses here already. My lipos are dying.Havent got any tyres.Car is too light.Havent raced in ages.
Cant wait though.

turbo_brick
05-01-2009, 08:33 PM
Just to ruin your excuses, I've got some lipo's you can use, I've even got some new tyres you can have and replace them later and I'm sure I can find some lead weights.

As for the time off from racing can't make you any worse :p

Peter

chris68nufc
05-01-2009, 08:48 PM
Havent got time to glue tyres up since i normally run the computer and build the track.
I have got no wheels until Wednesday aswell.
I will put mini pins on and stick some lead weights in aswell.
Whos going??

dayxwalker
05-01-2009, 09:23 PM
I have just got my second lipo pack ! Trackpower 3200 and I tryied it in the street and it was a lot faster than my other lipo trinity 4500 both are 20c but the trinity is second hand so maybe it's not 100%
So now I have the second pack I should have no problems lasting the night.
I have also got a 2.4ghz acoms set 60 notes so no more twitching was a pain at the regional ! No more pesky crystals
Got a decent pit box instead of a plastic box LOL was enbarasing at the regional ! Need a table tho but getting there slowly

cmgreen
06-01-2009, 08:06 AM
[quote=chris68nufc;192915]Havent got time to glue tyres up since i normally run the computer and build the track.
quote]

:woot::woot::woot::woot::woot:

N7ELA
06-01-2009, 12:54 PM
i think i will be there tonight now... probs not get there til quarter past 7 but by the sounds of it eveyone needs the practise before i show up......

turbo_brick
06-01-2009, 01:20 PM
Just going back to something that was said before xmas, that people wanted 4 rounds and a final. The only way you can get this is by turning up early and helping build the track etc and then getting the first heat on the line asap.

Peter

This isn't aimed at neil by the way

chrispattinson
06-01-2009, 02:16 PM
4 rounds and final is great but tight, what happened to the suggestion of 3 rounds plus final, but with one heat being a 6 minute buggy heat? I can't quite remember what was decided?

cmgreen
06-01-2009, 02:21 PM
I Thought that all buggy heats were 6 min now???

3 Round 6 mins and 1 final 6 mins Excellent!!

turbo_brick
06-01-2009, 02:27 PM
Personally I'm not fussed, it's you as the members that need to decide.

Whichever way it goes the earlier we start the more racing/practice you can get in.

Peter

Kash
06-01-2009, 02:46 PM
What time do you start on a Tuesday?.. I can't make today but can next week

cmgreen
06-01-2009, 02:50 PM
Whichever way it goes the earlier we start the more racing/practice you can get in.

Peter

Exactly :woot:

chrispattinson
06-01-2009, 03:12 PM
What time do you start on a Tuesday?.. I can't make today but can next week

Kash, we tend to start track building around 6, booking in closes / racing starts 7 ish, but if you will be any later than 7, just send us a message on this forum to pre-book in.

chris68nufc
06-01-2009, 03:15 PM
Kash.
Some people get there for 6.15 ish to set the track up. Most arrive just after.
Would be really good to see you there. Very good racing.Best in the North East to be honest.

Daxywalker.
You will need to stick some lead in the B4 if you run the 3200 stick packs.Ive just got some bits from Ghea racing to add weight to help with lipo setups.It might be worth a look for you.

Peter
I think 6 min heats and 6 min final would be best. Would that mean that that we wouldnt be rushing around?

chrispattinson
06-01-2009, 04:16 PM
Some people get there for 6.15 ish

More late comers! :lol:

Kash
06-01-2009, 04:32 PM
Sounds good i'll be there next week.. Wish i could have gone tonight but i'm working till 8

dayxwalker
07-01-2009, 07:45 AM
Well last night was fun !

dayxwalker
07-01-2009, 08:09 AM
Is racing on next week ?

chris68nufc
07-01-2009, 08:57 AM
Really enjoyed it last night. Good to see more drivers every week, and still loads of regulars were missing.
I think that the use of carpet in places was excellent(apart from the top of the straight). When the Regional comes at least the new starters will have had some experience of racing on carpet.
The jump was good but was totally different to anything we have had before. Normally you have to go gung ho and hang on for life but this one was a bit more subtle.
Really enjoyed last night even though my Li-pos are now dead.

turbo_brick
07-01-2009, 09:25 AM
Have to admit, last night was good :thumbsup:. Plenty of new faces and a track that I quite enjoyed.

I think a jump like last nights might be good for the regional, although we do have other ideas :lol:. Going to try one of them next week, so Chris make sure your ready for it.

Peter

dayxwalker
07-01-2009, 10:46 AM
I am trying to recrute another member ! A mate that used to race with me when we were kids. He's really up for it and still has a 15 year old Cougar 2 Works LOL I am fixing it up for him but have advised him to keep the electronics and sell the car to get a B4 as the cougar will be hopless !
Also my dads going to race my B4 when I go 4wd (couple of months time).
Who was it who was taking all the pics ? Looked profesional ! Can we get the pics ? Maybe put them on the Facebook Group ? It was the video link on there that sold me on jarrow and getting back into RC !

turbo_brick
07-01-2009, 02:40 PM
Mike was taking the photo's. hopefully we'll get a copy of them at some point.

Peter

chris68nufc
07-01-2009, 04:47 PM
Off road is excellent and totally addictive!!
The track last night was very Regional if you get what i mean.Far too tight at the bottom though next to the doors. Im sure for the Regional it will be a touch longer as we will be pitting in the other area.
Great to see more faces there. Competition is getting fierce!

Pete.
Best i have ever seen anything you own going round the track. It must still have the Chris Long setup on it. Dont change it !!! :lol:

turbo_brick
07-01-2009, 05:12 PM
Chris your so funny :lol: needs a bit more setting up, needs more rotation on slippy bits and something to stop the grip roll.

The carpet half way round the corner still didn't stop people crashing into race control though. Might have to start using that big rope or the benvhes to try and stop it.

Peter

chris68nufc
07-01-2009, 05:28 PM
What about Race control at the botom of the hall next to the slow sections??

chrispattinson
07-01-2009, 07:50 PM
Chris your so funny :lol: needs a bit more setting up, needs more rotation on slippy bits and something to stop the grip roll.

The carpet half way round the corner still didn't stop people crashing into race control though. Might have to start using that big rope or the benvhes to try and stop it.

Peter

I think the carpet there encouraged you to go faster, and hence more crashes near race control? When its slippy, you take your time, carpet, = full bore :thumbsup:

N7ELA
07-01-2009, 11:52 PM
Im getting loads of photos off mike next week for the new web site... Which reminds me what should we name it...???

Jarrowracing.co.uk or JORCR.co.uk..??? etc

any ideas...???

Geoff Thomas
08-01-2009, 11:07 AM
I think the carpet there encouraged you to go faster, and hence more crashes near race control? When its slippy, you take your time, carpet, = full bore :thumbsup:

Liar it is full bore everywhere LOL

gazc
08-01-2009, 11:38 AM
great racing on tuesday, really enjoyed it and should be able to make a few more in the future. as for the jump i thought it was spot on (especially as i only have a stock motor in my b4!) but maybe some stutter bumps made from mats would be good too?

also anyone got a good setup for a b4 for wooden floor as i've only raced on carpet before...

dayxwalker
08-01-2009, 04:18 PM
Gazc it's graig right ?
I am after a good setup to. The lads at the club are telling me silver spring rear and blue front but can I hell find any in stock online ! Also you need yellow mini spikes ! You had micro I think !
A fast servo will make a massive differance over a standard so get that sorted after the setup !
I am sure between us we can get the cars handing good

turbo_brick
08-01-2009, 04:30 PM
You need to speak to james c he's got a good setup for the b4.

Peter

Mike West
08-01-2009, 04:53 PM
Couple of pics to tease you untill the website is done.

Sorry the quality isn't brilliant, but the lighting is crap.

chris68nufc
08-01-2009, 05:51 PM
Nice to have a cameraman of our own.

It might be me doing the shots next week!

The Cat looked planted there (First time for everything)

N7ELA
08-01-2009, 06:35 PM
how come the cat was well off the pace chris....??? it was good before xmas....

chris68nufc
08-01-2009, 06:40 PM
Must have had too much Chicken and stuffing Kit-e-Kat

dayxwalker
08-01-2009, 08:46 PM
I will get my Dads Camera as its a good one (sort of a SLR thingy) its brand new ! Maybe he can take the pics instead of just watching hes not that good at taking pictures but as the saying goes ' If you give enough monkeys type writers they will write a best seller sooner or later' or something like that LOL if he takes loads then we will get some good ones for the site

gazc
09-01-2009, 09:13 AM
Gazc it's graig right ?
I am after a good setup to. The lads at the club are telling me silver spring rear and blue front but can I hell find any in stock online ! Also you need yellow mini spikes ! You had micro I think !
A fast servo will make a massive differance over a standard so get that sorted after the setup !
I am sure between us we can get the cars handing good
tim, its gary or gaz!!! :D yep i''ll have to investigate getting some more springs, i'm running as the kit set up which isnt too bad to be honest after i turned the throttle down a bit. tyres were yellow mini pins, ace (if not perfect!) on the carpet but like being on an ice rink on the wood!!! i'll investigate some yellow mini spikes also. do you know where will be best on line? dont know of any shops in NE - does anyone have any good pointers?
as for the servo i'm going to look into that also, suppose mine is meant for a 1/8th buggy lol!

nobby
09-01-2009, 10:45 AM
phills models have mini spikes in 0191 2728443

were's the pic's of my classy painted zx5:cry:

jimmiprice
09-01-2009, 11:03 AM
phills models have mini spikes in 0191 2728443

were's the pic's of my classy painted zx5:cry:

They put the pictures of your zx5 up mate but they where burning peoples eyes so they had to take them off :D

gazc
09-01-2009, 11:20 AM
cheers for pointer on phils models :) looks like i got a snap as well over the jump :D

dayxwalker
09-01-2009, 11:25 AM
I have been using modelsport and mkracing but at tho moment both shops have nothing in stock !
What do most of the jarrow members use ? Ie online shops ?

gazc
09-01-2009, 12:49 PM
i've always used modelsport and apex although i did my battery/charger from demon power products but dont think they do much off road stuff? cant go too wrong with modelsport and apex tho as they're pretty well stocked and well priced. dms racing also seems good - my bro got his excelorin motor/speedo from there :)

chris68nufc
09-01-2009, 07:13 PM
I use nobody but MK Racing now. Best by miles. Hes been off at Christmas so thats why the stocks arent up to date.
Give him a buzz and he will sort you out.